Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The James Bond Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.96
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$91.99
The X-Files: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Intern (Blu-ray)
$10.00
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Outlaw: Gangster VIP Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Dope (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The X-Files: The Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$197.85
Pieces (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Hotel Transylvania 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Arrow: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$16.96
Bride of Re-Animator (Blu-ray)
$27.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 11-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #281
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

F**k I hate Hollywood...
Modern
Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 TV
Pioneer BDP-85FD Blu-Ray
Pioneer SC-67 Receiver
Old School
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD TV
Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc Player
Old 11-04-2015, 04:00 PM   #282
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
La Porte, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by West E View Post
I just don't see a point for a remake. The Crow was a good movie with an added mystique to it because of the circumstances. Eerie AND good.

How do you top that or tell a better story?
I'd tend to agree, except for the fact that James O'Barr is heavily involved with it. That makes me hopeful for a better outcome, since "City of Angels" sucked and "Salvation" wasn't much better. I avoided "Wicked Prayer" on principle, after hearing about the stupid story.
"Those who argue against absolute truth must rely on its existence to do so." ~Anonymous~
"The standard that measures two things is something different from either." ~C.S. Lewis~
Old 11-04-2015, 04:33 PM   #283
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010

I want to see it depending on the lead
4k yes HDR no.
Physical media Fo lyfe.
The Scott Bros. do no wrong.
Dolby Vision is a company grasping at relevance.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:10 PM   #284
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by West E View Post
I just don't see a point for a remake. The Crow was a good movie with an added mystique to it because of the circumstances. Eerie AND good.

How do you top that or tell a better story?
Original creator is onboard in some capacity, they want it to be truer to the source material and most importantly, they want a franchise where it's the same actor in the sequels.

Of course, if they end up making something that's more like I, Frankenstein and Dracula Untold, then it'll crash and burn right out of the gate and no one will even blink an eye.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:43 AM   #285
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
I'd tend to agree, except for the fact that James O'Barr is heavily involved with it. That makes me hopeful for a better outcome, since "City of Angels" sucked and "Salvation" wasn't much better. I avoided "Wicked Prayer" on principle, after hearing about the stupid story.
You did the right thing there. Wicked Prayer was terrible and should be avoided.
Every man dies, not every man truly lives.
Thanks given by:
Jennifer Lawrence Fan (11-05-2015)
Old 11-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #286
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012

‘The Crow’ Reboot Will Shoot With or Without a Star.

http://http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3370766/crow-reboot-will-shoot-without-star/
Old 11-22-2015, 11:34 PM   #287
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Doesn't sound good that they haven't got an actor for the main role yet. This close to shooting.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:13 AM   #288
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2012
Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminated View Post

http://http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3370766/crow-reboot-will-shoot-without-star/
That seems rather foolish.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:17 AM   #289
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Maybe they could just start filimg it and CG an actor in later. Actually this could be the start of something new, make the movie, then show it to potential actors and see if they want to be CG'd into it.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

PSN ID: levcore
Thanks given by:
pEgLeG (11-24-2015)
Old 11-23-2015, 08:38 AM   #290
Expert Member

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan

Just rewatched the original Crow recently. It's highly stylized, taking place in a world all its own. The only thing dated about it are some of the composite FX. It's aged a lot better than many '90s movies. I see no need for a remake.
R.I.P. Wes Craven. My personal tribute.
Thanks given by:
L.J. (11-23-2015)
Old 11-23-2015, 10:59 AM   #291
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillamon51 View Post
Just rewatched the original Crow recently. It's highly stylized, taking place in a world all its own. The only thing dated about it are some of the composite FX. It's aged a lot better than many '90s movies. I see no need for a remake.
Agree it has aged well, only reason I'm interested in the remake is that their going to follow the source material close. That's not good news tho on the lead not being cast and going to start shooting without him.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:38 PM   #292
Expert Member

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Question

So how different are the original movie and comics anyway? Different enough to justify another take?

(And I don't buy for a minute that they're going to shoot anything of any real significance without the main lead cast. That would be a waste of time & money.)
Old 11-24-2015, 03:44 PM   #293
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
La Porte, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillamon51 View Post
So how different are the original movie and comics anyway? Different enough to justify another take?

(And I don't buy for a minute that they're going to shoot anything of any real significance without the main lead cast. That would be a waste of time & money.)
The main difference is with regard to violence; Alex Proyas' film dialed it back considerably compared to the book. James O'Barr has described his original story as "pure anger on each page", with scenes like Eric literally nailing Funboy to the wall of his apartment, the words "Now, That's Funny!" scrawled in (his own?) blood above his head. Also, Albrecht was white in the book, plus Sarah was actually named Ellie. Eric & Shelley's deaths was far less elaborate, with them being attacked by the gang on a roadside; Eric is mortally wounded, but lives long enough to see Shelly abused by the gang members...thus fueling his rage later on. Also, Eric was not a musician in the book; John Shirley and Jeff Most invented that for dramatic reasons. James liked it, but was too far with the book to change it back then.
"Those who argue against absolute truth must rely on its existence to do so." ~Anonymous~
"The standard that measures two things is something different from either." ~C.S. Lewis~
Thanks given by:
Zillamon51 (11-24-2015)
Old 11-24-2015, 08:56 PM   #294
Expert Member

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
The main difference is with regard to violence; Alex Proyas' film dialed it back considerably compared to the book. James O'Barr has described his original story as "pure anger on each page", with scenes like Eric literally nailing Funboy to the wall of his apartment, the words "Now, That's Funny!" scrawled in (his own?) blood above his head. Also, Albrecht was white in the book, plus Sarah was actually named Ellie. Eric & Shelley's deaths was far less elaborate, with them being attacked by the gang on a roadside; Eric is mortally wounded, but lives long enough to see Shelly abused by the gang members...thus fueling his rage later on. Also, Eric was not a musician in the book; John Shirley and Jeff Most invented that for dramatic reasons. James liked it, but was too far with the book to change it back then.
So the main difference is ... the comic is more violent. Which means that this reboot is actually kind of pointless, since it's almost certain to be rated PG-13. The Crow is a pop-culture staple, they are NOT going to keep the angsty teens out of the theater and leave all that Hot Topic merch $$$ on the table. The Crow curse continues....
Old 11-24-2015, 09:18 PM   #295
Power Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Maybe they could just start filming it and CG an actor in later. Actually this could be the start of something new, make the movie, then show it to potential actors and see if they want to be CG'd into it.
Just give the role to Andy Serkis and let him work his motion-capture magic
Old 11-24-2015, 10:15 PM   #296
Power Member

Oct 2008
Uranus

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Maybe they could just start filming it and CG an actor in later. Actually this could be the start of something new, make the movie, then show it to potential actors and see if they want to be CG'd into it.
They could start doing it with all roles in each movie. Then, when it comes time to remake a movie with different stars, they'd save a bundle!
A person who won't learn has no advantage over one who can't.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:35 PM   #297
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
I've gone into outer space to destroy another race.

Quote:

That is really odd.

It's probably end up with a "hard" PG-13. Hmph...
"If your apartment is hit by a dolphin, don't go outside to see if the dolphin is okay. That is how the hurricane tricks you into coming outside."

I'm feeling Megatronic. Give me a colonic.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:26 AM   #298
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Michigan

Quote:

It doesn't say that once in the quote. Talk about click bait. "We're actively searching for a lead to hopefully start filming at the planned early 2016 production date" =\= we're filming without our actor.
PSN/XBL: Gammagoll
20 years of: Resident Evil
10 years of: Dead Rising
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies