Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$100.81
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 10:46 PM   #321
Cliff Cliff is online now
Blu-ray Insider
 
Nov 2009
Woodland Hills, CA
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
That's the only "extra" scene that worked - because it came so early in the movie that it didn't completely screw up the flow. But the same impression was covered by the Christmas tree/coke buy scene - and that scene highlighted the funnier/crazy aspect of Riggs. The extended versions were basically crocks - built by the company, not the director. They stand up great as deleted scenes (if they were all included in the box set, I can't remember). And weren't there only "extended" versions of the first two flicks (or did all four get them)?
EXACTLY!!!! Riggs essentially has two cop entrances in the first Lethal Weapon. If you keep the sniper scene you have to lose the coke buy scene.

The sniper scene hints that he's reckless but heroic.
The coke buy scene hints that he might actually be crazy.

The coke buy scene is the only one of those scenes that serves the plot of Lethal Weapon. The sniper scene is a cool scene and is certainly fun to watch, but much like the added gauntlet scene from the extended cut of Superman The Movie, it doesn't work in service of the film.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
Accuracy isn't.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:07 AM   #322
TylerDurden389 TylerDurden389 is offline
Senior Member
 
Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
much like the added gauntlet scene from the extended cut of Superman The Movie, it doesn't work in service of the film.
I think the gauntlet scene from Superman would've worked great if it was added somewhere into the beginning of Superman 2. HOWEVER, instead of just having Lex and co. just standing there watching, we see the 2nd "feed the babies" scene when Otis is lowering Eve into the pit while Lex plays piano. Like the bullets, fire, and ice were there as security for Lex and they'd go off automatically (remove Lex talking over the speakers as well).

This way, when Supes saves Ms. Teschmaker and says "Your mother sends her love", and Lex has that look on his face like "Welp, I'm in trouble now", with Supes standing there with his arms crossed and that cocky smile, the next shot is Perry reading the newspaper "Lex Luthor scheme bombs...".

To me that would be a great cutaway joke. Of course that would mean that the first "feed the babies" scene would've had to be in the 1st film as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:11 AM   #323
Cliff Cliff is online now
Blu-ray Insider
 
Nov 2009
Woodland Hills, CA
9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden389 View Post
I think the gauntlet scene from Superman would've worked great if it was added somewhere into the beginning of Superman 2. HOWEVER, instead of just having Lex and co. just standing there watching, we see the 2nd "feed the babies" scene when Otis is lowering Eve into the pit while Lex plays piano. Like the bullets, fire, and ice were there as security for Lex and they'd go off automatically (remove Lex talking over the speakers as well).

This way, when Supes saves Ms. Teschmaker and says "Your mother sends her love", and Lex has that look on his face like "Welp, I'm in trouble now", with Supes standing there with his arms crossed and that cocky smile, the next shot is Perry reading the newspaper "Lex Luthor scheme bombs...".

To me that would be a great cutaway joke. Of course that would mean that the first "feed the babies" scene would've had to be in the 1st film as well.
The issue with the gauntlet scene is the Lex had JUST had a conversation with Otis and Tessmacher about fire and bullets not being able to hurt him, but Kryptonite will kill him and then we get the gauntlet where the first thing they do is hit him with fire and bullets. Again (like the sniper scene), a very cool scene to watch, but it does NOT belong in the movie because it essentially betrays the overriding narrative.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
Accuracy isn't.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:48 AM   #324
The Rider The Rider is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2012
Default

Any informations about the transfers on the Blu-ray Set ?

New 2K transfers ?
New 4K transfers or 4K scans and a mastering in 2K ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:52 AM   #325
beware beware is offline
Special Member
 
beware's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
St. Louis
211
Default

I keep wanting this sold by amazon as opposed by the market and for less than $30. I have a credit with amazon for only items sold by them and this would be completely free
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:09 AM   #326
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
524
140
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beware View Post
I keep wanting this sold by amazon as opposed by the market and for less than $30. I have a credit with amazon for only items sold by them and this would be completely free
I'm pretty sure fulfilled by Amazon is sold by Amazon - they're not marketplace items - and that includes the 6 lowest prices.
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:59 AM   #327
steve_dave steve_dave is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Nov 2008
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
I'm pretty sure fulfilled by Amazon is sold by Amazon - they're not marketplace items - and that includes the 6 lowest prices.
No, retailers/sellers can send inventory to Amazon for storage in their facilities. Amazon takes care of shipping from these location for them as well. In some cases this allows retailers/sellers to offer "free shipping" without any loss to the retailer/seller.

These types of items are not eligible for Amazon promotions nor can Amazon promotional credits be used on them. Returns/exchanges policies/procedures for these items is also different from Amazon's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:13 AM   #328
UUUUGGGGHHHH UUUUGGGGHHHH is offline
Power Member
 
UUUUGGGGHHHH's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
Metro Detroit Area
1488
96
Default

I want this box set to drop in price so badly! I missed it when it dropped to $20 and I've been kicking myself ever since.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:17 AM   #329
Early Memphis Early Memphis is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Early Memphis's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Texas
524
140
3
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
No, retailers/sellers can send inventory to Amazon for storage in their facilities. Amazon takes care of shipping from these location for them as well. In some cases this allows retailers/sellers to offer "free shipping" without any loss to the retailer/seller.

These types of items are not eligible for Amazon promotions nor can Amazon promotional credits be used on them. Returns/exchanges policies/procedures for these items is also different from Amazon's.
Thanks for the info ... bummer.
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:18 AM.