Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$14.99
10 Cloverfield Lane (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Salem's Lot (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Creed (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Star Trek: The Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$39.99
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Orphan Black: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
High Noon (Blu-ray)
$16.99
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$15.99
Daddy's Home (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2016, 05:16 AM   #3241
hdgfs hdgfs is online now
Senior Member
 
hdgfs's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Melbourne, Australia
1447
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamnesis View Post
The rest of Madman September:


Lost Horizon - 07-Sep-2016
From Madmans site;

Ronald Colman and Jane Wyatt star in this lavishly-produced classic about the enchanted paradise of Shangri-La where time stands still. After nearly 50 years, Frank Capra's timeless masterpiece, LOST HORIZON was based on the best-selling novel by James Hilton. In 2014, Sony Pictures Entertainment completed an all digital restoration at Colorworks, using the preservation negative created in 1998 as the primary source, scanned at 4K and integrated with the director’s personal nitrate print. Additional material was located in a badly worn 16mm print of the scene of the first meeting with the High Lama, where previously missing footage had been represented by the original soundtrack and still images.



Special Features
•Alternate Ending With Narration
•Photo Documentary with Narration by Historian Kendall Miller
•Restoration: Before & After Comparison (3 Deleted "Never-seen-before" Scenes, with commentary)


https://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/...horizon-bluray
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Davidian (07-05-2016), John_Drake (07-17-2016), melmac (07-04-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #3242
deepseababy deepseababy is offline
Active Member
 
deepseababy's Avatar
 
Aug 2015
Australia
171
Default

Yikes... Donnie Darko is listed at $34.95 on the Madman website.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 02:08 PM   #3243
rightformula1 rightformula1 is online now
Active Member
 
rightformula1's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
Brisbane, QLD
267
Default

If JB break release date and sell BvS today, what's the chances they will sell Dark Knight trilogy as well?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:06 AM   #3244
atexp80 atexp80 is offline
Moderator
 
atexp80's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia
198
1866
86
13
86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightformula1 View Post
If JB break release date and sell BvS today, what's the chances they will sell Dark Knight trilogy as well?
Well Sanity has been shipping orders since Thursday so you can bet someone will have it out by tomorrow at the latest and I'm sure they'll be stacking the standee with all the other Batman and Supes titles.
~{ "I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying." }~
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 06:13 AM   #3245
John_Drake John_Drake is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
John_Drake's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
934
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgfs View Post
From Madmans site;

Ronald Colman and Jane Wyatt star in this lavishly-produced classic about the enchanted paradise of Shangri-La where time stands still. After nearly 50 years, Frank Capra's timeless masterpiece, LOST HORIZON was based on the best-selling novel by James Hilton. In 2014, Sony Pictures Entertainment completed an all digital restoration at Colorworks, using the preservation negative created in 1998 as the primary source, scanned at 4K and integrated with the director’s personal nitrate print. Additional material was located in a badly worn 16mm print of the scene of the first meeting with the High Lama, where previously missing footage had been represented by the original soundtrack and still images.

Special Features
•Alternate Ending With Narration
•Photo Documentary with Narration by Historian Kendall Miller
•Restoration: Before & After Comparison (3 Deleted "Never-seen-before" Scenes, with commentary)

https://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/...horizon-bluray
My most awaited title bar none. Will definitely preorder this (and Fail Safe)!

I suppose this means that Sony is preparing a release in the States.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Davidian (07-21-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 10:26 AM   #3246
rightformula1 rightformula1 is online now
Active Member
 
rightformula1's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
Brisbane, QLD
267
Default

Got word from my JB today Harry Potter is re-releasing for the new spinoff in November.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:44 AM   #3247
Russ103 Russ103 is offline
Expert Member
 
Russ103's Avatar
 
May 2010
Australia
1082
4
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightformula1 View Post
Got word from my JB today Harry Potter is re-releasing for the new spinoff in November.
Unless it's a 4K/UHD release, they can take that re-release and stick it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:10 AM   #3248
Anamnesis Anamnesis is offline
Contributor
 
Anamnesis's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Australia
6
307
1
25
Default

I am pretty sure someone asked me about The 100 season 2 coming to Blu-ray (sorry I can't remember who), but you will be pleased to know that both Season 2 & 3 are coming to Blu-ray in September as both separate releases and a boxset
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:27 AM   #3249
led-zep led-zep is offline
Junior Member
 
May 2016
Default

Is there an Australian 4K release schedule somewhere? Noticed we don't have a timing for Star Trek and various other movies yet
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:30 AM   #3250
Anamnesis Anamnesis is offline
Contributor
 
Anamnesis's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Australia
6
307
1
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by led-zep View Post
Is there an Australian 4K release schedule somewhere? Noticed we don't have a timing for Star Trek and various other movies yet
No list that I am aware of, but Star Trek UHD is due on September 1st
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:07 AM   #3251
Anamnesis Anamnesis is offline
Contributor
 
Anamnesis's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Australia
6
307
1
25
Default

The rest of Sept 4K UHD discs...(so far)


Star Trek (2009) (UHD/Blu-ray)
Release Date: 01-09-2016

Star Trek Into Darkness (UHD/Blu-ray)
Release Date: 01-09-2016

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows (2016) (UHD/Blu-ray)
Release Date: 15-09-2016

The Angry Birds Movie (UHD/Blu-ray/UV)
Release Date: 22-09-2016

Warcraft (UHD/Blu-ray/UV)
Release Date: 22-09-2016

X -Men Apocalpyse (Blu-ray/UHD/DHD)
Release Date: 28-09-2016
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:13 AM   #3252
Anamnesis Anamnesis is offline
Contributor
 
Anamnesis's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Australia
6
307
1
25
Default

Some new Fox dates hit the computer system too...

DENIAL - 08-02-2017
GIRL ON THE TRAIN, THE -11-01-2017
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS - 14-12-2016
LIFE ON THE ROAD - 07-12-2016
MIKE AND DAVE NEED WEDDING DATES - 30-11-2016
ICE AGE: COLLISION COURSE - 26-10-2016
ASH VS EVIL DEAD SEASON 1 - 26-10-2016
INDEPENDENCE DAY 2 - - 19-10-2016
INDEPENDENCE DAY 2-FILM COLLECTION - 19-10-2016
VIKINGS SEASON 4 PART 1 - 12-10-2016
AMERICAN HORROR STORY SEASON 5: HOTEL - 06-10-2016
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
hdgfs (07-26-2016), rightformula1 (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 06:21 AM   #3253
Anamnesis Anamnesis is offline
Contributor
 
Anamnesis's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Australia
6
307
1
25
Default

Looks like Via Vision are jumping on the Hammer Horror bandwagon in October with these two... out on the 5th



Also on the 5th:

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
donthitpause (07-27-2016), hdgfs (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 10:43 PM   #3254
rip63 rip63 is online now
Active Member
 
Sep 2011
Default

The Gorgon!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:17 AM   #3255
rightformula1 rightformula1 is online now
Active Member
 
rightformula1's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
Brisbane, QLD
267
Default

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread.

Last edited by rightformula1; 07-27-2016 at 02:39 AM. Reason: wrong thread
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:45 PM   #3256
Hucksta G Hucksta G is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Hucksta G's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
New Zealand
471
361
3
Default

Anyone know if this includes the 4K restoration of Spartacus?

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...u-ray/25566828
My Whole Collection: http://ganny01.filmaf.com/owned
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:32 PM   #3257
dlammin dlammin is offline
Member
 
dlammin's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
Melbourne, Australia
669
Default

I spoke with someone at Via Vision, and they said it was the same disc as the 50th Anniversary version previously released. It might end up being the new restoration and they've gotten it wrong, but I doubt it. I'm waiting on a review copy, so once I get it that's the first thing I'll check.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Hucksta G (07-28-2016)
Old 07-28-2016, 10:04 PM   #3258
Hucksta G Hucksta G is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Hucksta G's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
New Zealand
471
361
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlammin View Post
I spoke with someone at Via Vision, and they said it was the same disc as the 50th Anniversary version previously released. It might end up being the new restoration and they've gotten it wrong, but I doubt it. I'm waiting on a review copy, so once I get it that's the first thing I'll check.
Cheers, let us know
My Whole Collection: http://ganny01.filmaf.com/owned
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:29 AM   #3259
rightformula1 rightformula1 is online now
Active Member
 
rightformula1's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
Brisbane, QLD
267
Default

Any chance they'll do a steelbook release for the new Ghostbusters here? Otherwise I might have to grab the one from Zavvi.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #3260
Cevolution Cevolution is offline
Suspended
 
Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia
80
2209
8
Default

November 2nd

Rollerball (1975): https://b2b.madman.com.au/actions/ca...eleaseId=37900

Salvador (1986): https://b2b.madman.com.au/actions/ca...eleaseId=37889
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Blu-ray Release Schedule Blu-ray Movies - North America peterng 13 12-12-2013 04:46 PM
Batman 1989 Australian Blu Ray release review Australia Aussie_M 22 10-25-2010 10:57 AM
January 12, 2010 ((( BLU-RAY RELEASE SCHEDULE ))) Blu-ray Movies - North America CinemaGod 33 01-08-2010 04:32 AM
TV Shows on Blu-ray Release Schedule Blu-ray Movies - North America jw 45 05-10-2009 11:13 AM
Blu-ray vs HD DVD release schedule Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology ReduxInflux 44 09-08-2007 02:44 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:01 AM.