Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$47.88
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Originals: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
Hammer Horror Classics, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$38.47
Escape from Alcatraz (Blu-ray)
$9.98
Team America: World Police (Blu-ray)
$9.98
We Are Still Here (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Space Dandy: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$37.39
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Scorpion: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.95
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-11-2015, 07:43 AM   #1961
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankyouforthevenom View Post
Thought the first movie was good, the second one a bit boring.
I liked the first one, no complaints, but Catching Fire is pure perfection to me! And maybe that's why i hated Mockingly Part 1 because you can't improve on perfection, but I imagine it was based a great deal on splitting the book in two
*Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*
Old 02-11-2015, 01:22 PM   #1962
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Catching Fire was great, way better than the first. They really found their stride!
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:18 AM   #1963

Jul 2014
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
I liked the first one, no complaints, but Catching Fire is pure perfection to me! And maybe that's why i hated Mockingly Part 1 because you can't improve on perfection, but I imagine it was based a great deal on splitting the book in two
Everybody does except me! I know i'm very much in the minority with action scenes. The first movie i cared what happened. The second i didn't so much, i found the characters and storyline less believable. Certainly, as someone who hasn't read any of the books, the second movie is much more predictable than the first one. Though obviously there's not really anything you can do about that, the story is the story is the story. It also felt more rushed, like it just wanted to get to the games to blow me away with visuals. The social unrest is an angle i would have liked to see more of, the actual games pretty much just get in the way of the more interesting issues that could have been pursued.

Both movies, so presumably the books too, suffer from Peeta being a pretty weak character. I know the point is to make Katniss the more dominant character, but in Harry Potter all the characters are pretty strong in their own right. It's not Harry Potter and some other guys he just happens to hang around with. Peeta has virtually no personality of his own, he's just there to fill up the numbers. For such a major character that doesn't sit too well with me. The first movie Woody Harrelson was superb. Made the movie for me. Second movie his role is pretty irrelevant. Snow is more prominent in the second movie, which does help give the story more oomph. I haven't seen the third one yet, so we'll see how that helps the story fit together for me.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:46 AM   #1964
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankyouforthevenom View Post
Everybody does except me! I know i'm very much in the minority with action scenes.
[Show spoiler]The first movie i cared what happened. The second i didn't so much, i found the characters and storyline less believable. Certainly, as someone who hasn't read any of the books, the second movie is much more predictable than the first one. Though obviously there's not really anything you can do about that, the story is the story is the story. It also felt more rushed, like it just wanted to get to the games to blow me away with visuals. The social unrest is an angle i would have liked to see more of, the actual games pretty much just get in the way of the more interesting issues that could have been pursued.

Both movies, so presumably the books too, suffer from Peeta being a pretty weak character. I know the point is to make Katniss the more dominant character, but in Harry Potter all the characters are pretty strong in their own right. It's not Harry Potter and some other guys he just happens to hang around with. Peeta has virtually no personality of his own, he's just there to fill up the numbers. For such a major character that doesn't sit too well with me. The first movie Woody Harrelson was superb. Made the movie for me. Second movie his role is pretty irrelevant. Snow is more prominent in the second movie, which does help give the story more oomph. I haven't seen the third one yet, so we'll see how that helps the story fit together for me
Maybe you should just avoid movies which have any action in them. That way you wouldn't have to waste so much time whining about them, and you could spend all your time watching slow dramas, soap operas, rom-coms and documentaries.
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:34 AM   #1965
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Maybe you should just avoid movies which have any action in them. That way you wouldn't have to waste so much time whining about them, and you could spend all your time watching slow dramas, soap operas, rom-coms and documentaries.
That's just silly. I for one didn't like Mockingly 1 because it seemed like a retread of Katniss' insecurities that we already knew about, and not much else really. Also, you could tell Lawrence was acting in this one more than the other ones.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:44 PM   #1966
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
That's just silly. I for one didn't like Mockingly 1 because it seemed like a retread of Katniss' insecurities that we already knew about, and not much else really. Also, you could tell Lawrence was acting in this one more than the other ones.
No, he indicated that he didn't like action movies period, not just this one ("Action movies aren't really my thing"). So why keep crossing that line? Besides, he thanked me in advance for the venom (not that my comment was all that venomous).

Old 02-13-2015, 12:16 AM   #1967
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Not sure how rare these are but my local Target randomly pulled out some 3-Disc Deluxe Editions of this for their $8 sale. Grabbed one today as a blind-buy.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:23 AM   #1968
Banned

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Not sure how rare these are but my local Target randomly pulled out some 3-Disc Deluxe Editions of this for their $8 sale. Grabbed one today as a blind-buy.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:32 AM   #1969
Blu-ray King

Aug 2011
Elm Street

Quote:
Good buy for you.
Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here / I've finished a 5th draft of my latest script. It's a comedy Life As Liz written in mind with Jen as the lead. PM If interested. I've also finished the first draft on my 14th full length feature script.

I'm looking for X-Men: DOFP Rogue Cut with slipcover. I'm willing to trade Movie Cash, Blu Rays, DVDs or Slips from my collection for it.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:13 AM   #1970
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2010
The Place Within the Pines

Quote:
Best Films of 2015: 1) Mad Max: Fury Road 2) Inside Out 3) It Follows 4) Ex Machina 5) Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation 6) Dope 7) Wild Tales 8) Spring 9) Cinderella 10) Paddington
Anticipated Films:Z For Zachariah, Black Mass, The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, Sicario, Hotel Transylvania 2, Legend
Thanks given by:
Michael Bay Fan (02-13-2015)
Old 02-13-2015, 05:27 PM   #1971
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

The young-adult novel aspect had really turned me off, so I never watched it. My wife has been bugging me to get it for a while though, so I guess $8 for a three-disc edition was the sweet spot.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:46 PM   #1972
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman89 View Post
LOL what is John doing behind that window.
Thanks given by:
dantheman89 (02-13-2015)
Old 02-13-2015, 06:30 PM   #1973
Blu-ray King

Aug 2011
Elm Street

Quote:
The young-adult novel aspect had really turned me off, so I never watched it. My wife has been bugging me to get it for a while though, so I guess $8 for a three-disc edition was the sweet spot.
I't more than a YA movie/book. Its nothing like Twilight if that's what you're worrying about.
Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan here / I've finished a 5th draft of my latest script. It's a comedy Life As Liz written in mind with Jen as the lead. PM If interested. I've also finished the first draft on my 14th full length feature script.

I'm looking for X-Men: DOFP Rogue Cut with slipcover. I'm willing to trade Movie Cash, Blu Rays, DVDs or Slips from my collection for it.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:58 PM   #1974
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
I't more than a YA movie/book. Its nothing like Twilight if that's what you're worrying about.
Yeah that's what I've heard. Not saying I am pre-judging it, I just kept putting it off. I look forward to watching it.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:06 PM   #1975
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Yeah that's what I've heard. Not saying I am pre-judging it, I just kept putting it off. I look forward to watching it.
Look at it this way : at the very least you're gonna make the wife happy, so smile (and maybe you'll enjoy yourself).

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America