Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Planes (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Angry Birds Toons: Season One - Volume Two (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Brother Bear / Brother Bear 2 (Blu-ray)
$13.99
The Sword in the Stone (Blu-ray)
$14.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Rescuers / The Rescuers Down Under (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 05-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #61
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayisnice View Post
Or it maybe costs more when ordering less? I mean, the 4,000 print run might give retailers a big discount or something...

A blu-ray.com exclusive steelbook would be so cool... . Like making a few designs and people can vote. The design that wins will be produced and everyone who paid for the production (like every member who is interested pays $20 or something) gets 1 copy .
The Blu-ray.com exclusive would have to have all of the faces of everyone who was in on the order photoshopped onto the case somewhere!
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

PSN COLLECTION: Angry Birds, Bomberman Ultra, Flower, Joust, LBP: Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves, Magic Orbz, Super Stardust HD, Trials Of Topoq, Wipeout HD.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #62
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
East of Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I decided to send Zavvi an email inquiring about this(and the others), and here is what I got:

Thank you for getting in touch about the Indiana Jones Kingdom of the Crystal Skull steelbook.

We have up to now been unable to secure an order for this our buyers are working on getting this in.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Rachael

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

I wonder if that means some other outfit(Amazon?) is also trying to order these? Which makes me wonder how these exclusives are obtained? Bidding, that couldn't be it as Amazon could easily outbid Zavvi. Is there a contract drawn up?
Somebody needs to ask this Wreck guy to get to the bottom of these releases. They are all too good, not to see the light of day.
No Zavvi's buyers are negotiating a deal with the distributor. If they think they can sell X number of units at a price they want then the vendor (distributor) will go ahead and produce the Steels. This type of packaging will be exclusive to Zavvis standards. That is why Walmart has "Metal Packs". Steelbook makes exclusive packaging (the actual case) and BBY, Zavvi and whoever, use THEIR artwork.

Bottom line is the distributor has the disc content and they are negotiating the packaging only. (Packaging includes extras on the disc)
No TV, No Facebook, No Smartphone, No Texting, No Social Media, No Credit Card, No Debit Card, No Passwords or user names, No Google (start page) One VPN e mail. Only Blu-ray.com because they will not delete my account. FUVK! Stop being a slave. This is the only place I am allowed to post. Write your congressman and stop me. This is all true
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks