Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$97.44
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Old 04-10-2014, 01:07 PM   #2221
Power Member

Aug 2009
West Des Moines, IA

Agents of SHIELD is canon. That's the timeline. Deal with it. I personally prefer the disjointed timeline of Phase I where the conclusion of Iron Man 2 occurs concurrent with the first half of Incredible Hulk and Thor (which explains why Coulson wasn't in Incredible Hulk), but there you go.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #2222
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmon77 View Post
nonsense....Redford was specific that Iron Man himself appears. Stark wouldnt send some unmade remote controlled suit after he blew them all up for a favor.
Did you even read what I wrote?
Mary Elizabeth Winsteads biggest fan!
Follow Mary on Twitter!
Alex of Venice: April 18th
Kill the Messenger: August 31rst
San Diego Comic-Con 2011 Attendee
San Diego Comic-Con 2012 Attendee
San Diego Comic-Con 2014 Attendee
Old 04-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #2223

May 2008
Baltimore, Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Steve Lilley

Redford's line about the kid showing up at the birthday party is likely just a joke (not on behalf of his character, but on behalf of the writers) and probably shouldn't be used to definitively tie that movie to any of the others.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:05 PM   #2224
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
Did you even read what I wrote?
I interpret "no half assing it" as Stark sending a remote controlled suit.

He wants Stark In the Suit. Pop open the face-plate and and Tony says hello.

If he promised Pepper after getting surgery and clearing Extremis from her body, that he's not IM anymore. And the film was also about him being the hero and not the suit.

I think its silly to think he would put on a suit for Fury's Friends Niece's Birthday party.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #2225

Sep 2011
Southern California

Wasn't the line, "No flybys either, I want him to mingle" or something?

I think Tony still has a suit.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #2226
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane01 View Post
Wasn't the line, "No flybys either, I want him to mingle" or something?

I think Tony still has a suit.
He no longer has the arc reactor heart that powers the suit.

So after he destroyed them, he would have a spare suit that he could wear to a birthday party?

Serious???
Old 04-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #2227
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

Quote:

So after he destroyed them, he would have a spare suit that he could wear to a birthday party?

Serious???
Because he couldn't just build another one? He had like a million suits that he built in a relatively short time in Iron Man 3.

Making another arc reactor specifically to power the suit wouldn't be a big deal either. He made a few of those over time as well.

Not that I would expect him to do it specifically for this birthday party, but the end of Iron Man 3 wasn't necessarily the end of Tony as Iron Man. We already know that he will be back in Avengers 2.

Assuming that Iron Man 3 takes place before Captain America 2 and some time has passed between these events, he may already be building more suits.

I took the end of IM3 to more so be a rebirth for Tony, but not necessarily the end of Iron Man. He was clearly freaking out after the events of the Avengers, and then in IM3 his home is destroyed and so forth. He has this huge battle in which most of his suits are at least dinged up if not completely destroyed, and the home that he had to store them in is now gone (even if the actual chamber they were in is still there). So he blew them all up for a fresh start. He could always have another suit (or a few of them) in Stark tower, or maybe he's made more since.

Given that he knows that are major threats out there, I don't think he would give up being Iron Man completely. He would want to be ready just incase. But the end was him finding a way to live and enjoy his life without OVER concerning himself with the threats that are out there (which for a time consumed him and caused him to make a crap load of suits).
Old 04-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #2228

Sep 2011
Southern California

Quote:

Serious???
Well, until it's cleared up, we have to kind of assume the chronological order is the only order for Phase II.

Iron Patriot/War Machine has a miniaturized arc reactor in its suit that works without one implanted into Rhodey's chest.

Also, Iron Man has been spotted on the Avengers 2 set...
Old 04-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #2229

May 2008
Baltimore, Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Steve Lilley

I think a lot of people are just flat out missing the meaning of the end of IRON MAN 3. At the end of the first movie when he says "I am Iron Man," it's in reaction to the appearance of this crazy new thing that just hit the public. He's saying "I am that guy in that suit that you guys are asking all those questions about."

At the end of IRON MAN 3 when he says "I am Iron Man," he's saying that "Tony Stark isn't Iron Man, Iron Man is Tony Stark." He's saying that Iron Man is more than just a suit - it's him. He's more than "just" his tech. Iron Man isn't a superhero - Tony Stark is.

The ending of the third movie isn't him hanging up his superhero hat or whatever for good. It's him honing in on what made him a hero in the first place.

So even within the story of this world that Marvel is building, of course he'll be back. Just because he blew up those suits doesn't mean he "left" in the first place. He blew up a billion excess suits that he created before the emotional arc of the movie you're watching. When he didn't know what to do with himself and couldn't sleep because he was going through PSD after THE AVENGERS. He was getting rid of everything he let get in the way of his core values. All those meaningless, empty suits.

If you're talking the real world, of course Iron Man will be back, because duh. Billions of dollars, so on and so forth.

And again: I really think Redford's line in CAPTAIN AMERICAN 2 is just a joke. They're called "throwaway" lines for a reason.

Last edited by Steve Lilley; 04-10-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #2230

Dec 2009
Fort Sam Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lilley View Post
I think a lot of people are just flat out missing the meaning of the end of IRON MAN 3. At the end of the first movie when he says "I am Iron Man," it's in reaction to the appearance of this crazy new thing that just hit the public. He's saying "I am that guy in that suit that you guys are asking all those questions about."

At the end of IRON MAN 3 when he says "I am Iron Man," he's saying that "Tony Stark isn't Iron Man, Iron Man is Tony Stark." He's saying that Iron Man is more than just a suit - it's him. He's more than "just" his tech. Iron Man isn't a superhero - Tony Stark is.

The ending of the third movie isn't him hanging up his superhero hat or whatever for good. It's him honing in on what made him a hero in the first place.

So even within the story of this world that Marvel is building, of course he'll be back. Just because he blew up those suits doesn't mean he "left" in the first place. He blew up a billion excess suits that he created before the emotional arc of the movie you're watching. When he didn't know what to do with himself and couldn't sleep because he was going through PSD after THE AVENGERS. He was getting rid of everything he let get in the way of his core values. All those meaningless, empty suits.

If you're talking the real world, of course Iron Man will be back, because duh. Billions of dollars, so on and so forth.

And again: I really think Redford's line in CAPTAIN AMERICAN 2 is just a joke. They're called "throwaway" lines for a reason.
Well said ... I completely agree except for the "throwaway" line ... I took it as a nod to the audience letting us know that Tony does have another suit and is indeed still Iron Man.
Samsung 59in 3D HDTV (PN59D550)
Denon AVR1912
Energy CF-50 5.1
PS3 (FAT, MGS4 Edition)
Xbox 360 (Slim)
Wii
Old 04-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #2231

Aug 2009

The Age of Ultron hints\easter eggs in this film were seeing the Hulkbuster armor AND the suggestion that the kid has about the invisibility panels (some sort of panel he mentions.... I forgot which...)

You can bet that feature will be in Tony's suit.

It would be a great way to bring the events of Hail to the King to the forefront if the REAL Mandarin (whoever or whatever or wherever he is) teams up with Thanos, who appears to be the ultimate bad guy for Avengers 3.

But after the way IM3 ended, I find it hard to believe that the filmmakers would want to do another Mandarin movie, or another character arc about Tony being paranoid and overwhelmed with threats.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with.... although the new Mandarin threat will be a great way to introduce a new Iron Man, should Downey not agree to IM4 and on after A3 comes out.....

Lots of awesome possibilities!
Total spent on Blu-Ray so far: $5.50

Blus owned: 1
Old 04-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #2232
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Of course hell be back as IM but to think he go build a new suit for a birthday party is silly.

And that favor dissolves once Pierce is killed and Fury goes underground.

Last edited by Batmon77; 04-11-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America