Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Taken 3 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
American Horror Story: Asylum (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Rose (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Watership Down (Blu-ray)
$22.98
Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole / Hugo (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sullivanís Travels (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Clash of the Titans 3D / Wrath of the Titans 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Royal Tenenbaums (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 01-23-2015, 04:45 AM   #821
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
Whelp that's always going to happen if you have a huge faithful following of a beloved franchise like Star Trek/ Star Wars etc...just remember they are not the only ones spewing venom as it take two tango.

No, not "two to tango". The new film fans pretty much NEVER say anything bad about the original stuff and as a matter of fact a lot of people were introduced to classic TREK because their curiosity was piqued after seeing the new films.

It's only the so-called classic "fans" spewing hate.
Thanks given by:
Bolty (01-23-2015), L-Rouge (01-23-2015)
Old 01-23-2015, 08:33 AM   #822
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2010
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
You guys are still talking about Orci? He's not involved in ST3, so let's move on.

So... Simon Pegg is one of the co-writers? Hmmmm... not sure what to make of this. I love his movies, but they are comedies. And yes, I know there is comedy in Star Trek, but not that much. Then again, maybe he'll surprise us, much like the Russo Brothers did with Captain America: Winter Soldier (I originally dismissed them as just television comedy guys). Still, the fact remains that this new Star Trek is looking to be more action/comedy than serious science fiction adventure.
Can't believe Captain America and You Me and Dupree are from the same directors, that was an unexpected yet cool piece of info. ahah
# L L A P
Old 01-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #823
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Sunrise, Fl

I honestly think that Pegg will just be making minor additions to the existing script. It's January 23 and the movie starts shooting April 15---clearly they have a script.
How could they build sets and costumes and props if they didn't have a script? Lots of movies have re-writes right up to the start of filming (and even after.)

I agree with folks who say that he is just tweaking the dialogue and adding a bit of humor.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:50 PM   #824
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
He engaged people who were making incessant and rude personal attacks. "Open Minded" fans lobbing death threats and other nonsense. Fans who claimed they could write better and knew better. Yeah, Orci shouldn't have engaged them but they deserved it.
Death threats are not cool but come on, fans were pointing out the poor writing - they deserved to get told to f*ck off? He is an arrogant entitled little prick who thinks he is better than he really is. A smart writer/producer would have said nothing as nothing he could say would change opinions so why waste time arguing and maybe saying something that could hurt you down the road... say when you want to write and direct the next film. Did John Logan go all over the internet when people complained about Nemesis? No because he had better things to do. Orci's ego was hurt so he struck back - poor baby.

I am on the fence about Pegg and this movie in general. Chances are it is the last one they will do so I don't see a huge change in style or tone. Problem is if they do make major changes and it is successful and they want to do more, they are going to have to pay the actors more to get them back and we are back to the same old problem. Don't know what to expect but now that JJ and Orci are not involved in any major way, I might actually watch this one at some point.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:02 PM   #825
Special Member

Oct 2008
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolty View Post
I honestly think that Pegg will just be making minor additions to the existing script. It's January 23 and the movie starts shooting April 15---clearly they have a script.
How could they build sets and costumes and props if they didn't have a script? Lots of movies have re-writes right up to the start of filming (and even after.)

I agree with folks who say that he is just tweaking the dialogue and adding a bit of humor.
If they do not have a completed script they probably at least have a treatment.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:12 PM   #826
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Sunrise, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
If they do not have a completed script they probably at least have a treatment.
I'd bet they have a lot more than a treatment.

Pretty sure they have a draft or two written if they are shooting in 80 days.

Also, it's not clear WHEN Pegg started his contribution to the script.

Just because they announced it in the last couple of days doesn't mean he hasn't been working on it for a longer time.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:24 PM   #827
Expert Member

Oct 2008
St. Paul, MN

Quote:
I'd bet they have a lot more than a treatment.

Pretty sure they have a draft or two written if they are shooting in 80 days.

Also, it's not clear WHEN Pegg started his contribution to the script.

Just because they announced it in the last couple of days doesn't mean he hasn't been working on it for a longer time.
Well, this wouldn't be the first movie to start shooting with an unfinished script.
I'm the one that uses the digital copies.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #828
Special Member

Oct 2008
Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySlasher View Post
Well, this wouldn't be the first movie to start shooting with an unfinished script.
Especially when there is a released date that needs to be met.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:09 PM   #829
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Sunrise, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySlasher View Post
Right--unfinished NOT UNSTARTED! A treatment as was suggested a few posts ago is basically an UNSTARTED script. That would be ridiculous.
Also you would need a script to have a budget--and the movie has a budget by now.

They probably have a couple/few drafts and are tweaking in order or in "shooting order"

So between now and April 15 tweaking the scenes that are to be shot first and if not done by April 15 continuing as they go.

Not at all rare.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

"Oh Eck--you're wonderful!!"

Last edited by Bolty; 01-23-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:26 PM   #830
Expert Member

Oct 2008
St. Paul, MN

Quote:
Right--unfinished NOT UNSTARTED! A treatment as was suggested a few posts ago is basically an UNSTARTED script. That would be ridiculous.
Also you would need a script to have a budget--and the movie has a budget by now.

They probably have a couple/few drafts and are tweaking in order or in "shooting order"

So between now and April 15 tweaking the scenes that are to be shot first and if not done by April 15 continuing as they go.

Not at all rare.
Agreed.

I'm sure paramount has a few different versions of scripts, right? I mean, Orci pretty much had a script, right? So, maybe Pegg is taking that and adjusting it. Who knows.
I'm the one that uses the digital copies.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies