Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Banshee: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
It Follows (Blu-ray)
$14.84
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$21.99
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$48.37
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$19.95
The Ultimate Matrix Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Shameless: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Fisher King (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Banshee: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-02-2015, 07:26 PM   #281
Special Member

Nov 2013
At the end of a Cape

This is $16.99 at Amazon now. Does anyone know if one get a better price on this title during other sales from other sellers? Perhaps during a Deep Discount sale?
Old 03-02-2015, 07:34 PM   #282
Blu-ray Duke

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by solovoyager View Post
This is $16.99 at Amazon now. Does anyone know if one get a better price on this title during other sales from other sellers? Perhaps during a Deep Discount sale?
It's from Shout/Scream Factory. Their Blu-rays almost never go on sale at deep discounts.

The cheapest Amazon has ever had it is $15.99.
Thanks given by:
solovoyager (03-02-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #283
Special Member

Nov 2013
At the end of a Cape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
It's from Shout/Scream Factory. Their Blu-rays almost never go on sale at deep discounts.

The cheapest Amazon has ever had it is $15.99.
Thanks, I didn't know that about Shout/Scream titles rarely being on sale at DD. Do they tend to be on sale at other places, do you know?

$16.99 for this title seems pretty good, especially as you mention, the lowest it's been at Amazon was $15.99.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:14 AM   #284
Blu-ray Duke

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Thanks, I didn't know that about Shout/Scream titles rarely being on sale at DD. Do they tend to be on sale at other places, do you know?
Not really since most of their releases have been licensed from other studios. Shout Factory themselves might hold a sale around Halloween, if you want to wait seven months.
Thanks given by:
Blu Titan (04-11-2015), solovoyager (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 03:16 AM   #285

Jan 2012

Quote:
$16.99 for this title seems pretty good, especially as you mention, the lowest it's been at Amazon was $15.99.
It's worth it for that price. It's a very fun movie. It's a seemingly old HD master used on the Blu-Ray, with more print damage than I'm used to, but it's nonetheless a pretty good transfer.
Thanks given by:
solovoyager (03-03-2015)
Old 04-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #286

Sep 2012
House

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
If anyone was curious, the extras on Arrow's just-announced edition are identical to the Scream ones.
The arrow release actually drops the stills gallery. But Arrow adds the new (June 2014) 10-minute The End of the World Blues which has star Mary Worornov looking back at her involvement in The Night of the Comet.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #287
Expert Member

Dec 2013

I have the Arrow release and thought it was fantastic. It's a fun little romp with a feminist undercurrent (though directed by a man), and I have no problem saying it's one of my guilty pleasures now.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:33 PM   #288
Special Member

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi92 View Post
I have the Arrow release and thought it was fantastic. It's a fun little romp with a feminist undercurrent (though directed by a man), and I have no problem saying it's one of my guilty pleasures now.
I have no guilt, I love this movie. The line "You were born with an *sshole, Doris, you don't need Chuck" is one of my favorites from any movie ever.
BD Wishlist: Litan / Arizona Dream / Until the End of the World (Director's Cut) / Playroom / Kamillions / Wendigo / The Devils / The Peanut Butter Solution / Ratboy / Pin / Celia / Alice, Sweet Alice / Slaughterhouse Rock / Blue Monkey / Return to Oz / The Day of the Locust / Big Man On Campus / Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge / Brain Damage / Warhol's BAD / La Passion Béatrice / The Applegates / Mother Goose Rock 'n Rhyme / Electric Dreams / Crimes of Passion / Dreamchild / Into the Night
Thanks given by:
lifepawn (04-12-2015)
Old 04-11-2015, 10:31 PM   #289
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi92 View Post
Yeah, I REALLY liked it. I got the Arrow version too, during one of those amazon.co.uk sales it actually came out cheaper than the scream version, and it had that extra interview with Mary Woronov (who I love!). It's not a guilty pleasure sort of movie, it's a movie that's way better made that it had any reason to be. The two lead actresses are truly good, which is almost unheard of in an 80s horror movie made in America. That little scene with them on the roof in the middle was where I realized I was watching something unique and that it was more than simple cheese.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:53 AM   #290

Sep 2012
House

I picked up the Arrow release up in the sale as a blind buy and watched it last night. Fun little movie and they disguise the low budget really well.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:21 AM   #291
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
Yeah, I REALLY liked it. I got the Arrow version too, during one of those amazon.co.uk sales it actually came out cheaper than the scream version, and it had that extra interview with Mary Woronov (who I love!). It's not a guilty pleasure sort of movie, it's a movie that's way better made that it had any reason to be. The two lead actresses are truly good, which is almost unheard of in an 80s horror movie made in America. That little scene with them on the roof in the middle was where I realized I was watching something unique and that it was more than simple cheese.
I too am aiming for the Arrow UK release. Been a very long time since I've last watched it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv Inc. View Post
I picked up the Arrow release up in the sale as a blind buy and watched it last night. Fun little movie and they disguise the low budget really well.
When I do eventually buy this it'll essentially be a near blind buy for me since I think I've last seen this in the mid 1990's.
I'll buy the release I want eventually.
Importer supporter. & Multi-Region Capable! "If you're not region free, you should be." - Nocturnaloner
The Other Stuff +133 BD's
Film grain and original cinematic audio advocate.
Gimme Blu-ray disc ONLY!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America