Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Iron Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Exodus: Gods and Kings 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Penguins of Madagascar 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Iron Man (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Birdman (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Penguins of Madagascar 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Exodus: Gods and Kings (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Penguins of Madagascar (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Gone Girl (Blu-ray)
$13.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$54.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #1901
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Hey guys. You probably saw this. I just did via fb; http://kotaku.com/142-beautiful-phot...ium=Socialflow
Thanks given by:
chip75 (03-17-2015), octagon (03-17-2015)
Old 03-17-2015, 06:31 PM   #1902

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
I like pointing things out in movies and saying "look, see that thing there, they done goofed" but in the Final Cut they corrected seeing the stunt doubles head by digitally replacing it.
With that of the original actress, although she was a good bit older.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:02 PM   #1903
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
I like pointing things out in movies and saying "look, see that thing there, they done goofed" but in the Final Cut they corrected seeing the stunt doubles head by digitally replacing it.
The original was done under incredible time constraints and financial pressure. It was literally one take or it wasn't going to be in the movie.

I don't mind the change but like Jurassic Park's digital stunt person facial remove CGI, I feel a bit for the actresses who aren't in the movie anymore!
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 03-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #1904
Special Member

Oct 2008
Lake Forest, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
I feel a bit for the actresses who aren't in the movie anymore!
Technically a stunt person, not an actress. She wasn't supposed to have her face on screen. When stunt people get their face in the movie, it means somebody screwed up.

Emergency! Everybody to get from street!
Thanks given by:
eiknarf (03-18-2015), Todd Tomorrow (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 06:32 PM   #1905
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012
Oklahoma

Blade Runner The Final Cut is still the best movie ever made. Only took three tries too. Just sayin'.
Thanks given by:
MilkManX (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 06:35 PM   #1906
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
The original was done under incredible time constraints and financial pressure. It was literally one take or it wasn't going to be in the movie.

I don't mind the change but like Jurassic Park's digital stunt person facial remove CGI, I feel a bit for the actresses who aren't in the movie anymore!
As said above, the whole point is that their faces aren't on screen. But that quick bit in Jurassic Park when Lex looks up at the camera after falling through that grate is still one of the best face replacements I've ever seen, it floors me every time I see it.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:38 PM   #1907
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
As said above, the whole point is that their faces aren't on screen. But that quick bit in Jurassic Park when Lex looks up at the camera after falling through that grate is still one of the best face replacements I've ever seen, it floors me every time I see it.
Wait, not to derail the thread, but what part is that? Lex is the young girl character, right?
Old 03-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #1908
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
Wait, not to derail the thread, but what part is that? Lex is the young girl character, right?
Towards the end of the film when Alan, Ellie Tim and Lex are running from the 'Raptors.
They are in the ceiling, a 'Raptor jumps up, Lex falls down.
The Stunt Double wasn't supposed to look up at all but she did, so they had to face swap her back in 1993 before the movie came out!
Thanks given by:
eiknarf (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 06:54 PM   #1909
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoSin View Post
Technically a stunt person, not an actress. She wasn't supposed to have her face on screen. When stunt people get their face in the movie, it means somebody screwed up.
Quote:
No, I agree, but as I said I just feel bad. I guess in Jurassic Park's case they would have cut around it, if the CGI wasn't capable enough. It's great work by ILM too, Geoff D. I still feel bad for them, that their little moment has been digitally erased, the stuntmen in True Lies or the older Bond movies can sit in the theatre and nudge the people next to them every time they appear!
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 03-18-2015, 06:54 PM   #1910

Oct 2013

Quote:
when does this occur in the movie? hadn't heard about this before and would like to check it out.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #1911
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleus View Post
when does this occur in the movie? hadn't heard about this before and would like to check it out.
Check above. Ha. I just asked and got the answer
Old 03-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #1912
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
Towards the end of the film when Alan, Ellie Tim and Lex are running from the 'Raptors.
They are in the ceiling, a 'Raptor jumps up, Lex falls down.
The Stunt Double wasn't supposed to look up at all but she did, so they had to face swap her back in 1993 before the movie came out!
From a few minutes before your post.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #1913

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Ranger View Post
From a few minutes before your post.
oops didn't see that! i'll check it out! thanks
Old 03-18-2015, 09:47 PM   #1914

Sep 2014

Quote:
No, I agree, but as I said I just feel bad. I guess in Jurassic Park's case they would have cut around it, if the CGI wasn't capable enough. It's great work by ILM too, Geoff D. I still feel bad for them, that their little moment has been digitally erased, the stuntmen in True Lies or the older Bond movies can sit in the theatre and nudge the people next to them every time they appear!
Arnie's stunt driver gets a nice extended bit of screen time in T2 during the motorcycle jump part of the "canal chase."
Old 03-18-2015, 09:53 PM   #1915
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoBlu? View Post
Arnie's stunt driver gets a nice extended bit of screen time in T2 during the motorcycle jump part of the "canal chase."
Yeah, I would be okay with some CGI magic being used there on a future restoration. In HD it is SUPER distracting, in my opinion. Not trying to sound like a film revisionist but I am okay with fixing obvious flaws.

It's still amazing how good Jurassic Park's CGI looks 20 years later.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:01 PM   #1916
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010

Quote:
That was bad on LD, and they made a big fuss of giving the stunt men masks to look like Arnie.
Mind you true lies is 1000000% worse
Resolution is nothing without compression
But 4k is the magic fix all, to all video problems ever
Thanks given by:
Sky_Captain (03-19-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 10:01 PM   #1917
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Angel Grove, NY

Quote:
even on DVD that was annoying!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America