Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$99.99
12 hrs ago
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
5 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$19.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96
19 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
2 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #161

Feb 2008

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but some moves in the sapphire series say 2013? On amazon for example, Gladiator has the sapphire release and the 2013 release, what is the difference?
My Blu Collection

BD Forever.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #162
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphx459 View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but some moves in the sapphire series say 2013? On amazon for example, Gladiator has the sapphire release and the 2013 release, what is the difference?
Search broken?

Same discs, new distributor.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #163

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
Search broken?

Same discs, new distributor.
Thanks
My Blu Collection

BD Forever.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:22 AM   #164
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
East of Seattle

Is sapphire series done?
No TV, No Facebook, No Smartphone, No Texting, No Social Media, No Credit Card, No Debit Card, No Passwords or user names, No Google (start page) One VPN e mail. Only Blu-ray.com because they will not delete my account. FUVK! Stop being a slave. This is the only place I am allowed to post. Write your congressman and stop me. This is all true
Old 05-17-2013, 04:18 AM   #165
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->89 SteelBooks™--------->149 UV-------->303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Is sapphire series done?
Yep. Paramount kept releasing non-precious gems instead.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:26 AM   #166
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
East of Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Best answer ever. Please close his thread. (It was mine under my old user name)
No TV, No Facebook, No Smartphone, No Texting, No Social Media, No Credit Card, No Debit Card, No Passwords or user names, No Google (start page) One VPN e mail. Only Blu-ray.com because they will not delete my account. FUVK! Stop being a slave. This is the only place I am allowed to post. Write your congressman and stop me. This is all true
Old 05-17-2013, 04:33 AM   #167
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
It was embarrassing how many mistakes they made.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #168
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
East of Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
I do have an affinity to the Gladiator thread of 2009. It is historical. Flaming arrows disappearing etc.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:42 AM   #169
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
I do have an affinity to the Gladiator thread of 2009. It is historical. Flaming arrows disappearing etc.
You know what's funny about people who deny that there are problems? They go very quiet all of a sudden when the studios announce a replacement/exchange program. (See also: Star Trek TNG Season 1 )
Old 05-17-2013, 04:45 AM   #170
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2010
East of Seattle

Quote:
You know what's funny about people who deny that there are problems? They go very quiet all of a sudden when the studios announce a replacement/exchange program. (See also: Star Trek TNG Season 1 )
Yes lol.

I like reviving old threads to see who is silent.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #171
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008

Quote:
Uh. I count two for the Sapphire Series:

1. Poor HD master for Gladiator which was provided to Paramount by Universal. Universal fixed it and gave the new HD master to Paramount, Paramount offered a replacement to all the territories they distributed. Universal only offered (to my knowledge) replacements in the UK, France, Spain, Germany, and Australia. If you lived anywhere else, you had to rebuy it.

2. Sound issue for Saving Private Ryan which was quickly fixed and replacements offered.

So what other were there?
Old 05-17-2013, 05:00 AM   #172
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->89 SteelBooks™--------->149 UV-------->303

Quote:

1. Poor HD master for Gladiator which was provided to Paramount by Universal. Universal fixed it and gave the new HD master to Paramount, Paramount offered a replacement to all the territories they distributed. Universal only offered (to my knowledge) replacements in the UK, France, Spain, Germany, and Australia. If you lived anywhere else, you had to rebuy it.

2. Sound issue for Saving Private Ryan which was quickly fixed and replacements offered.

Older master for American Beauty that is barely serviceable.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #173
Banned

Jun 2009

Quote:

American Beauty -- old, low-quality video master

The Godfather/The Godfather Part II -- pointless individual releases since the trilogy set is so cheap and includes a Bonus Features disc with several hours of additional material

Braveheart -- does not include all of the Bonus Features that were available on the two different DVD editions; color push (especially blue) is too strong compared to the first DVD and theatrical color timing

The only one that didn't have problems was Forrest Gump, though if you bought the chocolate box, the discs weren't kept in a standard keepcase.

So, a failure of 6 out of 7, or 86%.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #174
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Quote:
Braveheart -- does not include all of the Bonus Features that were available on the two different DVD editions; color push (especially blue) is too strong compared to the first DVD and theatrical color timing
lol, what a pathetic reach. Braveheart is an absolutely gorgeous disc.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #175
Special Member

Jan 2013
USA

Quote:
American Beauty -- old, low-quality video master

The Godfather/The Godfather Part II -- pointless individual releases since the trilogy set is so cheap and includes a Bonus Features disc with several hours of additional material

The only one that didn't have problems was Forrest Gump, though if you bought the chocolate box, the discs weren't kept in a standard keepcase.

you forgot Saving Private Ryan

personally i own all the sapphire movies with slips, i think they are awesome
Old 05-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #176
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011

Quote:
Well, they fixed Gladiator and Saving Private Ryan, so those can't be considered failures anymore. And really, there's nothing wrong with the Godfather releases, if you're only interested in the first two movies.

So what does that leave? American Beauty, which isn't horrid by the way, plus it's another older master that Universal provided.

By my count, that's zero failures.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America