Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Americans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Forbidden Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #1621
Power Member

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleprohaska View Post
I bought mine at Amazon during Black Friday for $3.99. It has some great special features, 2 hours worth. I get it today, pop it in multiple players. No bonus features, it's missing in the menus. Trust me, I looked everywhere. I popped it in my Mac to check the file structure and all the features are on the disc. I'm ripping it now so I can watch all the documentaries. Someone in the authoring department screwed up.

:/
Quote:
Originally Posted by horroru View Post
Just checked my copy and same issue, no extras. Did Amazon end up replacing it? I'm just worried the replacements will have the same issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew95 View Post
my amazon copy does not have extras as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy475 View Post
Did anyone rent this, and notice a lack of extras? Just a though that maybe rental versions got mixed in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by horroru View Post
Thanks for letting me know, that's helpful, so not all are the wrong copies -- I'm going to try one exchange, and if that doesn't work I'll just get a refund. I'll let you all know how it goes....
I was just at Wal-Mart and saw this on a $5 rack. I was about to jump all over it, but when I looked at the back I noticed no features at all. So there is a stripped retail version now. Over in the normal section, they had the old one which does have a different cover. I didn't think to check UPC numbers until now, but would hope they are different.
024543750949 is what I see (and dvdprofiler confirms) for the first version with features. Any of you without features have the same UPC?
Old 12-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #1622
Power Member

Oct 2012
SE MI.

It is a different UPC on the stripped version. I was hoping they were the same so I could get the old one for $5, but not to be. Even though the sticker isn't the real code, the numbers above it are also different than the old one, and usually are the same as numbers 6-11 in the UPC. Here's a pic of the new back cover:

Old 12-19-2013, 03:51 AM   #1623

Aug 2010

Update for those interested: I did an exchange through Amazon as I got the blu with no extras, taking a chance I might get the correct version.
It arrived today and sure enough I did get the CORRECT version with the extras!
So any of you who got the incorrect blu with no extras may want to try an exchange as well -- your mileage may vary but it shows Amazon do still have some of the correct versions in stock.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #1624

Jun 2011
Fresno, CA

I got a question regarding the Target Exclusive BR/DVD/DC version. Is the dvd that comes with it the same as the standard dvd release? I'm looking to bundle my BR with their DVD counterparts into one case and wanted to track down First Class on dvd.

Since trying to find the Target exclusive would be pretty hard, I'm hoping to get the dvd set and just put them together, but are the discs the same ones?
Old 12-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #1625
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

Quote:
Listen to me very carefully my friend. Killing him will not bring you peace.

"Peace was never an option"
Badass movie. Gonna hafta watch this again.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #1626

Jun 2012

Scored this used a few days ago with the Magneto Slip. Forgot what a great film it is. Even with the strange continuity with the X-Men/Wolverine films they are still fun to watch if you can ignore the blunders and just go for the ride. This ride just happens to have some of the best parts and a killer soundtrack to boot.
Current Rig
Panasonic p50s60 50" 1080p Plasma
LG BD530 Blu-Ray Player
Onkyo SR304(b) 5.1 Receiver
Yamaha Matched NS-SP1600 5.1 Speakers
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America