Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Spider-Man: Homecoming (Blu-ray)
$10.00
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Logan Lucky (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Transformers: The Last Knight (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Supernatural: The Complete Twelfth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Despicable Me 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Adventures of Tintin 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Humor

Old 04-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
Banned

Aug 2013
Default RFID Chips 2.0

Safe link: The Mark: Scientist Claims Human Microchip Implants Will Become “Not Optional”

By Mac Slavo

Quote:
Technologies designed specifically to track and monitor human beings have been in development for at least two decades. In the virtual realm, software programs are now capable of watching us in real time, going so far as to make predictions about our future behaviors and sending alerts to the appropriate monitoring station depending on how a computer algorithm flags your activities. That is in and of itself a scary proposition.

What may be even scarier, however, is what’s happening in the physical realm. According to researches working on human-embedded microchips it’s only a matter of time before these systems achieve widespread acceptance. Chances are you’re carrying a couple of RFID microchips now. And if you are, they’re sending out a 15-digit number that identifies you. That number can be picked up by what’s called an ISO compliant scanner. And they’re everywhere, too.

Your initial reaction to this idea may be one of disbelief. There’s no way society would accept such a device. Why would anyone want to implant this in their body? Consider for a moment where we are right now. For decades Americans rejected the notion that they would submit to being tracked or recorded. Yet, just about every American now carries a mobile phone. They’re so prevalent, in fact, that many consider it a “right,” prompting the government to actually provide subsidies to those who can’t afford one on their own.

Embedded in every one of those phones is an RFID chip that can track our every movement via GPS or cell tower triangulation. Moreover, those microphones and cameras that come standard on every phone can be remotely activated by law enforcement surveillance systems, a capability that has existed since the early 2000′s. But as intrusive as these devices are, they are accepted as the norm by billions of people world wide. Not only that, but no one had to “force” them on us. We are, it seems, the masters of our own enslavement. And we pay top dollar to have the best tracking device money can buy!

It’s difficult to imagine a populace that will freely submit to such digital bondage. But as has been the case with the degradation of personal privacy and rights in America, be assured it won’t simply become law over night. First, the technologies will need to be generally accepted by society. It’ll start with real-time consumer based products like Google Glass. The older generations may reject it, but in a couple of years you can bet that tens of millions of kids, teens and younger adults will be roaming the streets while sporting cool shades, interactive web surfing and the capability to record everything around them and upload it to the internet instantly.

Next, as we’re already seeing from early adopters, RFID chips will be voluntarily implanted under our skin for everything from access to high security buildings to grocery store purchases. Eventually, once the concept is generally accepted by the majority, it will become our new “social security number.” To gain access to official services, you’ll need to be a verified human. Without verification you won’t even be able to purchase a six pack of beer, let alone get medical care or a driver’s license.

Whether we like it or not this is the future. Every purchase you make and every step you take will be tracked by a tiny 15-digit passive microchip, meaning that the only way to “turn it off” will be to physically remove it from your body. In essence, we’ll soon live in a world of Always On Monitoring. Our children and grandchildren – at least most of them – will likely not only submit to implantation, they’ll gladly pay the costs so that they, too, can “interact with society in a meaningful way.”
Old 04-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
Alabama

they just had to throw that quote from revelations in there, didn't they.

anything to scare people into either supporting or boycotting something.

and i don't think voluntarily getting an rfid chip implanted in your body is a bad thing. if you know what you're doing and can live with the consequences, then by all means have one implanted.

owners do it to their pets to keep them safe (or at least be able to track them down if they leave their property), so i guess it's not that far off before parents will start having one implanted into their kids for similar reasons.

they talk about cell phones having gps trackers built in to them, but they didn't mention passports or credit/debit cards. most passports and credit/debit cards nowadays (at least the ones from the U.S) have an rfid chip embedded into them for the same reasons. so if you travel outside the U.S. a lot, you probably already have several ways to be tracked on you at any given time.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. --Evelyn Beatrice Hall

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. --Edmund Burke
Old 04-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #3
Banned

Oct 2012

Most library items have an RFID chip on the item. People don't realize it only contains the bar code and title. When they first came out, people were up in arms (really freaking out) thinking that the library was collecting information on them. Just imagine how bad it will be when humans get RFID chips.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
Banned

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
they just had to throw that quote from revelations in there, didn't they.

anything to scare people into either supporting or boycotting something.
That's why I left out the religious nonsense. No offence to Christians.

Quote:
and i don't think voluntarily getting an rfid chip implanted in your body is a bad thing. if you know what you're doing and can live with the consequences, then by all means have one implanted.
The whole 'if you've done nothing wrong, what do you have to hide argument'? Notice this article isn't addressing voluntary acceptance.

Quote:
owners do it to their pets to keep them safe (or at least be able to track them down if they leave their property), so i guess it's not that far off before parents will start having one implanted into their kids for similar reasons.
I wonder if those same parents read their children's diary, too.

Quote:
they talk about cell phones having gps trackers built in to them, but they didn't mention passports or credit/debit cards. most passports and credit/debit cards nowadays (at least the ones from the U.S) have an rfid chip embedded into them for the same reasons. so if you travel outside the U.S. a lot, you probably already have several ways to be tracked on you at any given time.
Those chips are for identifying specific targets/purposes. The ones mentioned in the article are entirely different. If you can't see the implications of 'bugging' every person on the planet against their will, then by all means be the first in line.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:32 AM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
The whole 'if you've done nothing wrong, what do you have to hide argument'? Notice this article isn't addressing voluntary acceptance.
that actually didn't even cross my mind. i was stating that if people want to voluntarily get an rfid chip installed, then that's their business.

Quote:
I wonder if those same parents read their children's diary, too.
probably.

Quote:
Those chips are for identifying specific targets/purposes. The ones mentioned in the article are entirely different. If you can't see the implications of 'bugging' every person on the planet against their will, then by all means be the first in line.
yes, i can see the implications. i was merely bringing up things that are kind of related to the whole rfid chip "segment".

i wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers or start an argument or even a debate. i was merely saying stuff.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. --Evelyn Beatrice Hall

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. --Edmund Burke
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Humor