Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Imitation Game (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Boyhood (Blu-ray)
$14.97
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$94.99
Blomkamp³ Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Spaceballs (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Knick: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Red vs. Blue: RVBX: Ten Years of Red vs. Blue (Blu-ray)
$63.99
Mr. Brooks (Blu-ray)
$5.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 04-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #1301
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggyBear73 View Post
Are the extras on the steelbooks for Demons 1 and 2 worth it? I may just get the amarays.
I've put off seeing both of these movies for this reason too, I'd have jumped on the 15 dollar ones instantly if I knew the extras were only pretty good and that thus I wouldn't regret buying the cheap versions (I don't care about the packaging at all). No one ever seems to talk about them. I tend to like extras a lot, but if it's just a couple boring interviews then whatever, I'll just get the cheap versions. I don't care about the missing italian track, I always watch these movies in English cause it is closer to the mouth movements than the Italian dub :P

Last edited by cakefactory; 04-29-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #1302

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggyBear73 View Post
Are the extras on the steelbooks for Demons 1 and 2 worth it? I may just get the amarays.
I don't think the extras are that great. I like the extras on part 2 (the Simon Boswell interview) more than those on part 1. Still, I think the steelbooks are worth getting for the Italian audio, but that is a lot to pay for an alternate audio track.
Old Today, 01:33 PM   #1303
Power Member

Mar 2011

No updates or news, but I was wondering something.

In a case like 'Suspiria' where a scan at 4K resolution was done, what is generally the color space used for the resulting digital file? Is it already Rec.709 or is it something completely different where they downsample it or whatever to the standard that is needed? With Ultra HD Blu-ray coming later this year, it makes me wonder if Synapse would already have the materials available to them to release it on that format if they chose to do so at a later date some years down the road with expanded color compared to what would be on a BD release? Or if the number of colors would be the same as the BD, but only the resolution would be different, because the scan was done to accomodate the older standard? I'm just thinking about how sweet a film like 'Suspiria' or 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' would look like in UHD with HDR. The colors would be so bold!
Wanted:
Warner Bros UK 90th Anniversary slipcovers:
'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest', 'The Exorcist', 'A Clockwork Orange'
Criterion: 'Chungking Express' Replacement Sleeve Insert OR Digipak, 'The Third Man' Digipak (do NOT need discs or booklets)
Studio Canal Collection Nordic Edition slipcovers for digibook releases
Old Today, 04:05 PM   #1304
Power Member

Oct 2008
MD, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian81 View Post
No updates or news, but I was wondering something.

In a case like 'Suspiria' where a scan at 4K resolution was done, what is generally the color space used for the resulting digital file? Is it already Rec.709 or is it something completely different where they downsample it or whatever to the standard that is needed? With Ultra HD Blu-ray coming later this year, it makes me wonder if Synapse would already have the materials available to them to release it on that format if they chose to do so at a later date some years down the road with expanded color compared to what would be on a BD release? Or if the number of colors would be the same as the BD, but only the resolution would be different, because the scan was done to accomodate the older standard? I'm just thinking about how sweet a film like 'Suspiria' or 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' would look like in UHD with HDR. The colors would be so bold!
I'm sure the colors would be wonderful in 4k for Suspiria. But I wouldn't expect any of the small labels to be putting any thing out on ultra blu-ray for many many years. Look how long it took for them to go regular blu-ray.
My set up: A TV, 5.1 sound and movies
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors