Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (Blu-ray)
$98.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fast & Furious 1-6 Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Duck, You Sucker (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Thunderbirds: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.97
The Book of Life (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Three Stooges Collection - Volume One - Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$7.79
Little House on the Prairie: Season Five (Blu-ray)
$17.89
Defiance: Season One (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Tree of Life (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Whiplash (Blu-ray)
$14.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 01-26-2014, 12:39 AM   #81
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-

Micro Monsters from UK is region free. I don't see that anyone has mentioned this title. I got it just after Christmas and really enjoyed it. The 3D is really well done and not too bad of a price for a series that ran a few episodes. If you like creepy crawlie things I recommend it.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:20 AM   #82
Special Member

Aug 2011

Cool thanks! I love Sky 3D documentaries.
PSN: BowsersFireBreth
Sony PS4
LG 55UB8500 UHD TV
LG LHB976 HTIB
APC J25B Power Conditioner with Battery Backup
Theater:
BenQ w1070
Onkyo HT S7700 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2
Old 03-04-2014, 05:56 AM   #83

Jul 2010

I wrote these up nearly a year ago, but I should probably post here for posterity - LOL. These were tested these on a USA Region A PS3 & a European Region B Sony BDP S-780 Blu-ray player:

Nova Zembla 3D (Holland)
is Region ABC and includes English subtitles. This is a Dutch film about the 16th Century attempt to find a northern passage to Asia that ends tragically when the ship gets lodged in the ice and the crew is stranded on the island of Nova Zembla (in northwestern Russia). I looked around the internet and the movie was pretty harshly reviewed, but I had a good time with it. It clearly aspires to be more than it is (it ain't Malick's "The New World"), so if you come in expecting a sweeping, historical art-film drama or a thrill-a-minute blockbuster, you'll be disappointed. The casting of Victoria's Secret model Doutzen Kroes is clearly calculated as a Box Office draw - she's ham-fistedly sandwiched into the story and primarily appears in flashbacks - but she's pretty, so I'm not complaining.

I've seen some critcism of the 3D and that is way off base. The 3D photography is excellent, locations lovely and the movie mostly achieves the scope its striving for. The dialogue is nothing to write home about and I found the acting acceptable (but I don't speak the language and had to rely on the subtitles). The Special Features include a "making of" documentary that boast a lot of interesting Behind the Scenes clips in 3D, but there are no English subtitles on any of the special features. There is also a German release out there, but it is not English friendly. The packaging is nice– it comes in a white DVD case (not a BRD case) and slides into a lenticular slipcase.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Nova-Z...Blu-ray/40810/

Top Cat: The Movie 3D (UK)
is locked to Region B. This is a Mexico / Argentina co-production, adapting the old Hanna-Barbera TV show to a full length film. If I was to guess what the plot of a feature length Top Cat film would consist of, this certainly is not what I'd imagine. Somewhere I read a review commenting on how surreal the film becomes as it goes along - and jokingly compared it to Bunuel - LOL. I dunno if I'd go that far – but I'll give it some points for going in unexpected directions.

The film uses Flash animation against more painterly & modeled 3D backgrounds. Personally, I like the look of the film and found the use of 3D effective. The characters are on-model, look true to their origins and I find the aesthetic to be refreshing compared to other 3D animated films. The look achieved here most closely resembles "Boogie 3D", but the 3D is more effective here than there. I don't regret the purchase at all. Comes with an embossed slipcover.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Top-Ca...Blu-ray/49533/

Due West: Our Sex Journey 3D (Hong Kong)
is Region ABC and includes English subtitles. I've only watched a bit of this – it seems to be a Hong Kong take on 80's T&A movies and has gags that recall “Something About Mary”. Its a native 3D film riding on the coattails of the success of “Sex & Zen 3d: Extreme Ecstasy”. Here is a review: http://www.filmbiz.asia/reviews/due-...ur-sex-journey Some of the attitudes about women made me uncomfortable (a high school girl is called a “pig”, etc), but maybe the characters are redeemed at the end. I'll revisit this someday.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Due-We...Blu-ray/62410/
Thanks given by:
jono3000 (10-18-2014)
Old 03-06-2015, 11:20 PM   #84

May 2007
Massachusetts

Is there a simple list/table somewhere of all of the region-free 3D Blu-ray titles not available in the US, and where to import them from?
Old 03-07-2015, 06:30 PM   #85
Special Member

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle View Post
Is there a simple list/table somewhere of all of the region-free 3D Blu-ray titles not available in the US, and where to import them from?
I would like to know that too. I have imported around 125 3D discs from Germany and some other countries that are not available here. I look for English to make sure they have the English language, and then I read all of the reviews, and in most people will say if the 3D is good or bad. But it takes time to do this. Germany puts out alot of 3D movies and other programming, more than any other country, and about half of them have good 3D while the others are awful. For instance they have a company there that releases all of the syfy channel movies in 3D, but I've never bought them because they almost always get a low rating and the comments aren't good on the 3D...but I have found some real gems,there are even a few that have computer animation (like going through animated tunnels or to strange worlds, all by 3d artists) that are excellent.

It's a shame that this site does not import and review all of these 3D titles, it would be so helpful. But one can do it with some research but it will take time. I have not opened about half of them yet, but I figure when I have done that I will make a post of recommendations. That will take some time though. If you have any questions about specific titles, feel free to private message me or ask me here.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #86

May 2007
Massachusetts

I have ordered:
Frozen, Maleficent, Step Up 5 (amazon.co.uk)
Legends of Oz, Beowulf (amazon.fr)
All of which say region free in the descriptions, but haven't received yet to test.

Other stuff I'm still looking for region-free are Ratatouille, Big Hero 6, Planes 2, Need For Speed, Noah, Free Birds, and probably some others I'm not remembering.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:28 PM   #87
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Quote:
Other stuff I'm still looking for region-free are Ratatouille, Big Hero 6, Planes 2, Need For Speed, Noah, Free Birds, and probably some others I'm not remembering.
Not sure if you're asking for information of more just a statement, but:

The various releases of Planes 2 3D are region Free -- Mexico, Brazil, India

Ratatouille 3D -- Europe and India both Region B only especially odd since India is Region C.

Big Hero 6 -- the Asian releases have all been Region Free, but the Region B countries are pending and likely to be a/b/c

Noah 3D appears to REgion Free at least in Germany and Italy.

Free Birds 3D -I think is region free, but at worst there appears to be a REgion A Brazil release.

Need Fro Speed -- every reports I've seen of a European release sat B-locked. There does seem to be a Mex Region A release
Old 03-08-2015, 12:57 AM   #88
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Need Fro Speed -- every reports I've seen of a European release sat B-locked. There does seem to be a Mex Region A release
The UK 3D release is by a non-Disney distributor; it is Region B-locked. (It's a DreamWorks film, so Disney/Touchstone doesn't handle it everywhere.) In countries where Disney distributes the film (including Mexico) it's region-free.
BD players: PS3 Slim 250GB; Sherwood BDP-5004 (region-free); HP P7-1010 (w/ LG WH12LS38K, AMD HD 6570, Hanns-G HL227, Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, TMT 6, PDVD 11)
A/V hardware: Vizio E3D320VX 3DTV; Sony HT-SS380; Chromecast; Vizio Co-Star (Google TV); Radiient HDMI switch; Nook HD; Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4; Moto G; iPhone 3GS
-----------------
Avatar: Vivien Leigh's Gone with the Wind Oscar, my own photo taken in 2011 at Little Rock's Historic Arkansas Museum.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:26 AM   #89

Feb 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Siegel View Post
I would like to know that too. I have imported around 125 3D discs from Germany and some other countries that are not available here... Germany puts out alot of 3D movies and other programming, more than any other country, and about half of them have good 3D while the others are awful. For instance they have a company there that releases all of the syfy channel movies in 3D, but I've never bought them because they almost always get a low rating and the comments aren't good on the 3D...but I have found some real gems.....
I'm coming at this from a Region B locked perspective. I've managed to collect just over 300 3D movies so far that are Region B or free (many from Germany of course, some of the Asylum/SyFy ones now have two films on each disc) so a definitive list would be really useful.

Germany and Australia are great places for Region B but German releases of foreign films are no good as they have no English subtitles, I'm still waiting for English-friendly Region B/free versions of Young Detective Dee and The Protector 2 for example...
Old 03-15-2015, 01:41 PM   #90

May 2007
Massachusetts

JB Hi-Fi is having a B2G1 sale on a bunch of 3D titles--would pick some up if they were region-free (or at least worked in region A).

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...sATTRIB-2133_s

(Unfortuantely the prices seem to all be $3 higher than they were earlier this morning)

Does anyone know if any of these Australian releases are locked to region B, or if they also work in region A?

Free Birds
Justin & The Knights of Valor
Universal Soldier 4
Miniscule: Valley of the Lost Ants

(I believe all the others have region A releases)
Old 03-15-2015, 05:35 PM   #91
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Quote:
JB Hi-Fi is having a B2G1 sale on a bunch of 3D titles--would pick some up if they were region-free (or at least worked in region A).

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...sATTRIB-2133_s

(Unfortuantely the prices seem to all be $3 higher than they were earlier this morning)

Does anyone know if any of these Australian releases are locked to region B, or if they also work in region A?

Free Birds
Justin & The Knights of Valor
Universal Soldier 4
Miniscule: Valley of the Lost Ants

(I believe all the others have region A releases)
Free Birds is B - locked according to the FB3D thread

I can't believe JB changed their shipping to $8.50AU per item however. When shipping doubles your
purchase price something is messed up

Last edited by hariseldon; 03-15-2015 at 05:39 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Tags
3d blu-ray, region