Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
True Detective: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Only Yesterday (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Return of Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Angry Birds Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.50
Woman in the Dunes (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Divergent Series: Allegiant 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.96
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.49
The Immortal Story (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Divergent Series: Allegiant (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Gods of Egypt 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-23-2015, 09:16 PM   #241
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Echo View Post
People were ecstatic that THE LAST DETAIL went to Twilight Time instead of Mill Creek, but I for one was disappointed. Knowing the fine elements Sony provides licensees for their films, I had no doubt Mill Creek would have done an excellent job at a fraction of the cost. It wouldn't have any extras, that's true, but often the extras on TT titles are crap anyway. I would just as soon save the money than waste it on a "Limited Edition" that will only get re-released in another "Limited Edition" as soon as the first "Limited Edition" sells out. And yet TT are revered while Mill Creek is reviled.
I got a good laugh when.Sony released Christine later themselves, cost me a Fiver for a new copy on BD with extras!
Old 12-23-2015, 09:58 PM   #242
Expert Member

Jan 2011
San Fernando Valley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex Robinson View Post
Worse, double features will mess up an alphabetical ordering system. Sure, you can buy a double feature for six bucks but why spend six bucks when you can spend thirty three bucks and not have to worry about your alphabetical disc arrangement. Imagine all of that peace of mind you will get from knowing that your movies are all in order. I know I would sleep better at night knowing that my "W" movies don't have to sit on the shelf next to my"H" movies.
This is actually a complaint I can understand. I just spent 15 minutes today looking for Psycho before realizing I put it in storage because it's part of my Hitchcock collection set filed under "H." But I would never avoid a title I wanted because it was in a double feature release, and I wouldn't spend a significantly greater amount of money to get it in a single release.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:35 PM   #243
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Best Buy Happy Birthday To Me (Blu-ray Disc) 1981

Happy Birthday To Me (Blu-ray Disc) 1981

SKU: 30155295 Release Date: 01/15/2016

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/happy-bi...skuId=30155295

697 STEELBOOKS™
-------------------------------
What my Blu Ray Collection looks like:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=7044
Old 12-28-2015, 02:14 PM   #244
Special Member

May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot79 View Post
I still have the Goodtimes DVD of When a Stranger Calls Back (1993) from the late '90s. It's 1.33:1 which I guess is correct considering it's a TV movie from 1993.
It was filmed with a theatrical release in mind, I believe, before ending up debuting on cable so OAR may not be 1.33:1.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:31 PM   #245
Special Member

Jan 2011
DC Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo007 View Post
Happy Birthday To Me (Blu-ray Disc) 1981

SKU: 30155295 Release Date: 01/15/2016

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/happy-bi...skuId=30155295

Deep Discount has the same release date for it and lists it as an Australian Import...perhaps this one:

http://www.screenpop.com.au/blu-ray/...ray/34814.html

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Anam...ahpb6.jpg.html

Last edited by Arlington; 12-28-2015 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 07:16 PM   #246
Expert Member

Feb 2013

Anyone figured out what this new release is supposed to be?
"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
Old 01-04-2016, 07:37 PM   #247
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post
Anyone figured out what this new release is supposed to be?
See post above yours..
Old 01-04-2016, 08:28 PM   #248
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
See post above yours..
I think he was hoping it was a stateside reissue Not that it really needs one but if a US label were to release a feature-packed standalone Blu I would grab it in a heartbeat.
I'm not a film aficionado. But I play one on the internet.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:34 PM   #249

Sep 2014

The Mill Creek double feature is fine, other than it's 100% lack of bonus content. The only thing that would entice me to double dip on either is if they're reissued with lots of bonus features.

And I've never been one to care about organization. I need to redo my entire shelving, and ATM, I literally just have movies piled everywhere.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:47 PM   #250
Expert Member

Feb 2013

So....

Anybody pick up the Happy Birthday to Me disc from Best Buy?

What about Blind Fury?

Image quality? Sound quality? Extras? What's the scoop?
"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
Old 02-18-2016, 07:53 PM   #251
Power Member

Jun 2007
Sunshine State

Quote:
So....

What about Blind Fury?

Are these at BB stores?
Old 02-18-2016, 07:57 PM   #252
Expert Member

Jun 2008
Perth

Quote:
So....

What about Blind Fury?

Blind Fury is awesome. Happy Birthday to me has twenty seconds of serious encoding errors. Which is a shame really because the grain reproduction looks far superior to the US version.
That there is one damn fine coat you're wearing.

4K UHD - The Experts Agree, Occasionally it's a little better!

Wanted: Ant-Man Steelbook (AU) For Trade: Avengers Steelbook (AU), Django Steelbook (AU)
Old 04-29-2016, 03:10 PM   #253

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Blind Fury is awesome. Happy Birthday to me has twenty seconds of serious encoding errors. Which is a shame really because the grain reproduction looks far superior to the US version.
From the Cinema Cult thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickieduvet View Post
Cinema Cult have finally sorted out Happy Birthday To Me

From FB

We are pleased to announce that we were able to source a new master for 'Happy Birthday to Me'. The new master is currently in transit. Once it is received it will need to be re-authored, reviewed for quality and then produced in DVD and Blu-ray.
We believe the new master will be glitch free, however it will be thoroughly checked to ensure there are no additional glitches or faults.
All customers who have experienced faults with the current version, are invited to send us their address and the format of their copy (DVD or Blu-ray) via Facebook message and we will replace your current copy with the new version. All customers should expect to receive their new copy within a month, once the new master has been processed and dispatched.
Finally, we apologise for this unfortunate oversight that has inconvenienced our valued customers, and the delayed response to the situation. We are grateful for the active Cinema Cult community who have provided us with valuable feedback as a result of this situation and we will take every measure to improve response time to all issues and inquiries in the future.
An additional reason to buy this version over the Mill Creek one - the cover art. This is one of those titles with infamous poster art, and Mill Creek's art is so awful I don't even want to look at it. Also, it includes a slipcover!

Last edited by tinnytim; 05-05-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:59 AM   #254

Apr 2016

So assuming that the Best Buy version is the Australian import, is it region free? I'm thinking about getting the cheap mill creek double feature but if this one is region free I might get this one instead
Old 05-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #255
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
NJ

I'm satisfied with my Mill Creek copy but this is one film I'd gladly double dip for just to get it in it's own case with the original artwork. Right now I'm using the Anchor Bay DVD case to store the Blu-ray. An impromptu fix until someone reissues the film. Ah, collector's madness in full swing here
Old 05-02-2016, 03:22 PM   #256

Jan 2016

I have the combo pack (literally got it days ago on amazon for $4.99). So am I reading that post correctly and Happy Birthday to Me is receiving it's own stand-alone release soon? I was hoping it would get a Scream Factor/Arrow/etc type release before I double dipped but if the upcoming release is likely to be the best we'll get I'll have to settle for it!
Old 05-02-2016, 05:05 PM   #257
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
United States
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerc904 View Post
I have the combo pack (literally got it days ago on amazon for $4.99). So am I reading that post correctly and Happy Birthday to Me is receiving it's own stand-alone release soon? I was hoping it would get a Scream Factor/Arrow/etc type release before I double dipped but if the upcoming release is likely to be the best we'll get I'll have to settle for it!
No.

It already has a stand-alone release...in Australia. That's the one being discussed.

A fan of The Classics and Genre Trash.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:09 PM   #258

Jan 2016

Oooh got it. I much prefer that cover to the hideous one on the combo back! I don't mess with imports tho, too much hassle.

Edit: I am watching When a Stranger Calls for the first time and am blown away by how incredibly boring it is. Those first 20 minutes are fantastic! It really picks up once Carol Kane is reintroduced, so it is essentially a boring ass crime film bookended by two brilliant horror sequences. Worth the $5 I spent on it. Going to check out Happy Birthday next.

Last edited by tylerc904; 05-05-2016 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:29 PM   #259

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerc904 View Post
Oooh got it. I much prefer that cover to the hideous one on the combo back! I don't mess with imports tho, too much hassle.

Edit: I am watching When a Stranger Calls for the first time and am blown away by how incredibly boring it is. Those first 20 minutes are fantastic! It really picks up once Carol Kane is reintroduced, so it is essentially a boring ass crime film bookended by two brilliant horror sequences. Worth the $5 I spent on it. Going to check out Happy Birthday next.
Don't forget all the shocking twists! It's just one of those movies that seemed to have the "right fit" for me. I can see it not being some people's thing. I can't perfectly explain what the appeal is, but it's there.
Thanks given by:
THUNDERSTRUCK (05-05-2016)
Old 05-05-2016, 09:39 PM   #260

Jan 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnytim View Post
Don't forget all the shocking twists! It's just one of those movies that seemed to have the "right fit" for me. I can see it not being some people's thing. I can't perfectly explain what the appeal is, but it's there.
If the whole film maintained the suspense and eeriness of the first 20 minutes, and the last 20 minutes, it would be a classic in my eyes!

The remake did a much better job of consistent thrill and scares.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America