COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Paul McCartney & Wings: Rockshow (Blu-ray)
$15.88
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Okami-San & Her Seven Companions: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Ministry of Fear (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Other Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Like Someone in Love (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Dream Theater: Breaking the Fourth Wall (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Picnic at Hanging Rock (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Archer: The Complete Season Three (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
All That Jazz (Blu-ray)
$24.70
Great Expectations (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Ace in the Hole (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Moms' Night Out (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-26-2014, 02:15 AM   #841
Expert Member

Jun 2012

Watching I'm With Cupid right now, the remastering seems to be getting better.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:08 AM   #842

Dec 2008
Townsville, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason One View Post
I find this is actually a big problem with the season 13-16 BDs as well. Compare the episodes with the unprocessed deleted scenes and other extras, and the difference is very obvious.

It's clear that as part of the "remastering" for HDTV and BD, they are heavily filtering the image to try to reduce old composite video artifacts like dot crawl. The result is really ugly, in my view.

I'm glad the classic early seasons are available on DVD as straight encodes of the original composite masters. I'd rather have dot crawl than a smeared, blurry mess.
Interesting... Do you know if the DVD versions of those seasons look heavily processed as well? I've been contemplating whether to get the BD or DVD versions of seasons 13 and up.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:49 PM   #843

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Utonium View Post
Interesting... Do you know if the DVD versions of those seasons look heavily processed as well? I've been contemplating whether to get the BD or DVD versions of seasons 13 and up.
Yes, unfortunately I think the DVDs are the same.

I actually first noticed the picture quality downturn even before the BD releases started. Season 12 on DVD is definitely affected; I can't remember if it started there, or one or two seasons before. (I might take a look at them tonight and see.)
Thanks given by:
Prof. Utonium (08-27-2014)
Old 08-27-2014, 01:01 AM   #844
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

I wish they would do a Treehouse Blu release.

This year will be the 26th one. The show will probably end in a few years (hope not.. but who knows)

They should do a Volume set with 10 on each one. The 30th would air in Fall 2018 and they could release the final set the following year. Something like that would be cool

Volume 1 - 2015 - 1-10
Volume 2 - 2017 - 11-20
Volume 3 - 2019 - 21-30
Old 08-27-2014, 05:09 AM   #845

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
I wish they would do a Treehouse Blu release.
This would be cool.

Quote:
This year will be the 26th one. The show will probably end in a few years (hope not.. but who knows)
The show should have ended with Season 9. We're lucky if we get one good episode a season now. Hell, the only good episode since Season 23 was the Lego one from this past year. In 23 it was the Xmas one and before that it was 24 Minutes.

Quote:
They should do a Volume set with 10 on each one. The 30th would air in Fall 2018 and they could release the final set the following year. Something like that would be cool

Volume 1 - 2015 - 1-10
Volume 2 - 2017 - 11-20
Volume 3 - 2019 - 21-30
After the first 8, I don't care how many they want to put on the set. They aren't even really Halloween stories anymore. They are just random nonsense that follow a three story format. I liked it better when they were adapting horror stories like things from Twilight Zone and movies rather than things like Back to the Future, Transformers, Mad Men, etc. Those just don't make any lick of sense.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:55 AM   #846

Aug 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
I liked it better when they were adapting horror stories like things from Twilight Zone and movies rather than things like Back to the Future, Transformers, Mad Men, etc. Those just don't make any lick of sense.
And some of those, like the Mad Men one you mentioned and a Dexter parody they did recently, seem to only exist for the purpose of letting them make a version of those series' intros with Simpsons characters in them.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
blu, fourteenth, ray, simpsons