Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96

The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99

True Blood: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #601

Oct 2013
Alabama

Just checked the info on my disc and it says 48khz. I guess I'll be sending an email for WB to send another replacement disc.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:20 AM   #602

Dec 2008
British Columbia,Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Went back into the PS3 menus again. Under Video Settings I found some more audio options and had a look at BD - Audio Output Format (Optical Digital) which was set to Bitstream (Mix). I changed it to Bitstream (Direct) and now the PS3 is piping out the full-fat 96kHz bitstream over HDMI.

Why the setting for the optical output affects the HDMI bitstreaming above 48kHz I have no idea, because HDMI has its own Linear PCM/Bitstream setting just above the Optical one (which was of course set to bitstream!), but it's working now. Akira too.

Oh, if anyone does an A/B bitstreaming audio comparison of the two Right Stuffs, note that the 48kHz track does not have the +4 dialnorm (see pics below), so if you don't have any sort of dialnorm disabling in your amp then be sure to lower the volume of the 96kHz disc by 4db. Or decode them both as PCM.

[edit](It's worth pointing out that my amp adds +4 to whatever the TrueHD dialnorm reading is, so -4 becomes 0 and 0 becomes +4, but in any case, the 48kHz track is attenuated 4db lower than the 96kHz one, so adjust it accordingly.)

48kHz TrueHD:

96kHz TrueHD:
Thanks, got My replacement today and changed My PS3 to Bitstream (Mix) from (Direct) and sure enough it worked. How's that for confusion! I had to do the opposite of You!
Old 11-04-2014, 03:42 AM   #603
Suspended

Jun 2012
Banned, MI

Man, this year has proved buying blu-rays can be nothing short of a pain in the ass with all these disc problems. Not only did I just purchase this off Amazon without knowing the audio issue, which I'll have to dig through this thread and find a way to figure out if I got an erroneous disc or not, I don't have any kind of setup. Just a PS3 connected to an HDTV via an HDMI cable.

Apparently, I guess I missed this note on the Amazon page as well ...

Quote:
Region 40218 encoding. (This DVD will not play on most DVD players sold in the US or Canada [Region 1]. This item requires a region specific or multi-region DVD player and compatible TV.
Whatever that means.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:20 AM   #604

Sep 2009
Central Coast, NSW, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsonjohn View Post
Man, this year has proved buying blu-rays can be nothing short of a pain in the ass with all these disc problems. Not only did I just purchase this off Amazon without knowing the audio issue, which I'll have to dig through this thread and find a way to figure out if I got an erroneous disc or not, I don't have any kind of setup. Just a PS3 connected to an HDTV via an HDMI cable.

Apparently, I guess I missed this note on the Amazon page as well ...

Whatever that means.
It's been a year since it came out and the audio issue has been discussed since before its official release date so it's been pretty well publicised in the scheme of things. Besides, being a year in it'd be highly unlikely you'd get one of the original discs from Amazon.

As for that note - obviously an error.
LATEST FOR SALE ITEMS:
Epic (US BD/DVD/UV) $10. New/sealed. Price includes shipping anywhere in Australia!

--| Sale/Trade thread - Steels & regular Blus! ...big update June 8! |--
Old 11-04-2014, 04:22 AM   #605
Suspended

Jun 2012
Banned, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by atexp80 View Post
It's been a year since it came out and the audio issue has been discussed since before its official release date so it's been pretty well publicised in the scheme of things. Besides, being a year in it'd be highly unlikely you'd get one of the original discs from Amazon.

As for that note - obviously an error.
Well, that's good, I don't know why I totally forgot about this blu-ray release.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #606

Oct 2013
Alabama

Just got my replacement disc in the mail yesterday. I only emailed WB/Sherri maybe two weeks ago and already got the disc in.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:24 PM   #607

May 2009
Omaha, NE

Has anyone bought a copy of this recently from Amazon and confirmed it's the corrected disc?
PSN Handle: chetripley80
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America