Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Judge (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Monsters, Inc. (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$22.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 9-10 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.49
Archer: The Complete Season Five (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Expendables 3 (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Babadook (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #1401
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Yep. I don't gain anything from knowing that that's Scotty's nephew, because his death is harrowing enough as it is. I love Nick Meyer's Trek movies, but for me his extended editions don't add anything that I can't live without, especially when we get to the GONG! show at the climax of Undiscovered Country.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #1402
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Sunrise, Fl

Meyer didn't "make those cuts" nor does he prefer them.............

Interview: Nicholas Meyer

Interview conduced at Destination Star Trek 3 – London

TrekMovie: Star Trek II was such a different film than ‘The Motion Picture.’ How much of a challenge was it for you to take on the role of director (and un-credited writer) of Wrath of Khan?

Nicholas Meyer: I was sort of free to do what I wanted because they didn’t know what was going to work after Star Trek: The Motion Picture. So in a funny way – aside from slashing the budget – they really left me to my own devices. And I was encouraged by the cast. And I think the biggest single thing was everybody really liked the script. And since they liked the script everybody was like "OK, do that." So that is what I did. Nobody was thinking about saving the franchise, we were just thinking about making a movie.

TrekMovie: We you aware of the impact that killing off Spock was going to have?

Nicholas Meyer: Well, there were a lot of rumors and yes I got threatening letters – "If Spock dies, you die" and that sort of thing. But I don’t think people know what they really want. Things that sound bad in theory, may not be so bad when you see them worked out in practice. And so the death of Spock was such a heroic act of self-sacrifice, I think a lot of people had no trouble buying into it.

TrekMovie: Do you know if there is there is a possibility of a Blu-ray release of the director’s cut of Wrath of Khan?

Nicholas Meyer: I don’t know is the short answer. I wish there were, because I like my version – the few changes that I made I think improve the movie, and I was disappointed when they didn’t release it in Blu-ray with my changes.

stiidir
Meyer is "disappointed" the director’s edition of Star Trek II (available on DVD) has not been released on Blu-ray

TrekMovie: Would you be open to talking to Paramount about releasing it on Blu-ray?

Nicholas Meyer: Oh, I am open to talking to Paramount. The question is, is Paramount open to talking to me?
Thanks given by:
brando79az (12-25-2014)
Old 12-24-2014, 05:36 PM   #1403
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazar_bee View Post
Completely agree. The theatrical version of WOK is the version for me.

Even the stuff that establishes Cadet Pupchick is Scotty's nephew? I mean, seriously, do we really need to know that? Does it add any real gravity to his death scene?

I'd argue the opposite; Scotty's emotional reaction actually gains power if the identify of the kid isn't explored in a poorly executed bit of superfluous exposition.
Indeed!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America