Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame (PS4)
$48.43
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)
$34.99
Madden NFL 17 (PS4)
$14.99
South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4)
$54.98
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (PS4)
$19.99
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (PS4)
$53.26
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood (PS4)
$23.73
Destiny 2 (PS4)
$52.04
WWE 2K18 (PS4)
$57.93
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series (PS4)
$18.99
Prey 2 (PS4)
$29.90
Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete Edition (PS4)
$49.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation

Old 01-18-2017, 11:02 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011
Missouri
Default Suspended or Banned

Has anyone's account been randomly suspended or banned? I purchased a game last night, and within 30 minutes of playing it, I was signed up and received a message on screen that my account was banned. When I try to log in from the browser, it says it is suspended.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:52 AM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2011
England

Maybe someone has reported you or contacted Sony about you?
I would contact Sony straight away and get it sorted.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:33 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011
Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
That was the deal, I never talk to people through PS4 unless it's real life friends, or someone I'm matching up with for boosting trophies. Their MVP support on their forums said hands down I violated the TOS, even if I didn't want to admit it! I ended up calling last night and today. Today was easier as she spoke good English. She said my card I used to buy a game last night was flagged as suspicious, and my account was banned in fear it was hacked. Once I confirmed the card was mine and I used it, she said all will be fine. I just need to wait up to 72 hours (maybe even a week) before it's unbanned.
Thanks given by:
cvm (09-14-2017), Steedeel (01-19-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #4
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-Hostage View Post
That was the deal, I never talk to people through PS4 unless it's real life friends, or someone I'm matching up with for boosting trophies. Their MVP support on their forums said hands down I violated the TOS, even if I didn't want to admit it! I ended up calling last night and today. Today was easier as she spoke good English. She said my card I used to buy a game last night was flagged as suspicious, and my account was banned in fear it was hacked. Once I confirmed the card was mine and I used it, she said all will be fine. I just need to wait up to 72 hours (maybe even a week) before it's unbanned.
What a nuisance. There really should be a better scheme in place than that IMO. You should get a refund to the value of 1 week on your PS Plus membership also.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:04 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011
Missouri

Quote:
What a nuisance. There really should be a better scheme in place than that IMO. You should get a refund to the value of 1 week on your PS Plus membership also.
Sadly, I let my PS Plus expire last year. Never renewed it or my Vue. Haven't even played online since November.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:02 PM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Sadly, I let my PS Plus expire last year. Never renewed it or my Vue. Haven't even played online since November.
Ah, right. Don't you miss it?

Personally, I have been hammering the VR headset so haven't been using multiplayer much but I use it for Fifa and Battlefield.

If you are interested in VR, I would recommend it, its incredible to experience games in such a immersive way, but maybe wait until more games are out around Spring time. Anymore, bit off-topic, sorry lol
Old 01-20-2017, 12:15 AM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011
Missouri

Quote:
Ah, right. Don't you miss it?

Personally, I have been hammering the VR headset so haven't been using multiplayer much but I use it for Fifa and Battlefield.

If you are interested in VR, I would recommend it, its incredible to experience games in such a immersive way, but maybe wait until more games are out around Spring time. Anymore, bit off-topic, sorry lol
I'm only interested in playing online when I get a new game that requires it for trophies. I only play a handful of games - Mortal Kombat, Tekken, WWE, Injustice and now the new Power Rangers, which doesn't need online. I got my refund for the Power Rangers game they assumed was a fraud charge... no mention of my unbanning yet.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
I'm only interested in playing online when I get a new game that requires it for trophies. I only play a handful of games - Mortal Kombat, Tekken, WWE, Injustice and now the new Power Rangers, which doesn't need online. I got my refund for the Power Rangers game they assumed was a fraud charge... no mention of my unbanning yet.
Let me know when you get unbanned.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:02 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2011
Missouri

Quote:
Let me know when you get unbanned.
Still waiting. I ended up making a new PSN because I'm not able to watch Vudu, Hulu or Netflix on PS4 without signing in first, which is crazy! I will be sticking with buying PSN cards and redeeming them now, no more debit cards going on my PSN account! It's strange because I can still play the games I bought on my "banned" account, even though they canceled the purchase and refunded me the full amount! LOL
Old 01-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Still waiting. I ended up making a new PSN because I'm not able to watch Vudu, Hulu or Netflix on PS4 without signing in first, which is crazy! I will be sticking with buying PSN cards and redeeming them now, no more debit cards going on my PSN account! It's strange because I can still play the games I bought on my "banned" account, even though they canceled the purchase and refunded me the full amount! LOL
Don't blame you. Much easier that way.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:16 AM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The Grid

Based on sony's past I wouldn't expect your account to be unbanned.
Display: Panasonic 65vt60 with a darbee darblet, Benq w7000.
Audio: Benchmark Dac1 ->DNA Sonett -> Sennheiser HD800 (balanced).
Old 03-08-2017, 01:25 AM   #12

Feb 2017
planet nebula ky

Quote:
people harass me all the time, call me names, and tell me to kill myself all because I beat them in a wrestling game or a mortal kombat game. I only report people who harass me. childish their the ones who need to be banned. if they cant act like an adult they shouldn't be allowed to interact with adults
Old 03-12-2017, 10:25 PM   #13
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfCub View Post
people harass me all the time, call me names, and tell me to kill myself all because I beat them in a wrestling game or a mortal kombat game. I only report people who harass me. childish their the ones who need to be banned. if they cant act like an adult they shouldn't be allowed to interact with adults
Football is even worse. I play pro clubs (FIFA) and after winning division 1 title, my team mate and I were accused of being hackers and bots!
Old 03-14-2017, 10:58 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2017
Cow Country

I'm sorry for your trouble. I never really liked online multiplayer for some of the reasons you've mentioned, plus I can only take being told to get back to the kitchen so many times. (I'm a woman.)
"A tap-dancing chicken act? Gonzo, I've never heard of anything as ridiculous as a dancing chicken."

"How about a talking frog?"

hugga wugga!
Old 03-14-2017, 11:01 PM   #15
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobipopcorn View Post
I'm sorry for your trouble. I never really liked online multiplayer for some of the reasons you've mentioned, plus I can only take being told to get back to the kitchen so many times. (I'm a woman.)
I've never been told to go back to the kitchen, but I have got those "show us yer bewbs" comments or I get called the b-word if I am better than they are. A lot of the time I get unsolicited messages wanting my phone number and pic exchanges. Dudes can be weird af on there.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation