Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame (PS4)
$48.43
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)
$34.99
Madden NFL 17 (PS4)
$14.99
South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4)
$54.98
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (PS4)
$19.99
Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood (PS4)
$23.73
Destiny 2 (PS4)
$52.04
WWE 2K18 (PS4)
$57.93
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series (PS4)
$18.99
Horizon Zero Dawn - Complete Edition (PS4)
$49.99
NBA 2K16 (PS4)
$28.19
Prey 2 (PS4)
$29.90
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation

Old 09-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
UK
Question The Greatest Playstation Moment?

I don't like how this part of the forum is just completely empty, so to fill up the space, here's a general thread about your best Playstation moment through all 3 (or 4 depending on when you're reading this) consoles. Was it Psycho Mantis telling you about your love of Castlevania? Fighting those sheep dressed as a scarecrow in Spyro the Dragon? Driving through the sun tinted landscape of Vice City? Taking down a huge colossus? Fighting off lackies with Nathan Drake or being the ultimate badass...Parappa the Rappa?
"Film lovers are sick people." - François Truffaut
[FADE TO BLACK]
Old 09-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC

Using a CD for gaming instead of a cartridge, this is probably not what your talking about. I would say the torture chamber in Metal Gear Solid.
HDMI cable CBC
"Your intellect may be confused," he once wrote, "but your emotions will never lie to you." Roger Ebert Physical media forever! In home theater and in life, it’s my firm belief that anything worth doing is worth overdoing. When UHD Blu-ray comes lay of the DNR! Canadian hero "Your like a gas leak, we don't see you, we don't smell you, but your silently killing us all." PSN: blurules
Old 09-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2011

Either playing Final Fantasy 7 and 10 for the first times or the last ten minutes of The Last of Us. Those three things kind of captured just how great videogames could be.

Although driving around in Vice City to that soundtrack was pretty good too.

Last edited by West E; 09-19-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Connecticut

hah I had the same thought yesterday I was like wow this space was so empty.

Anyways my best PlayStation moment was when I was 11 and picked up the first PS1 at a good price of $299

Kind of sorry I gave it away free like 6 years ago.. hopefully the guy's kids got good use from it.. I forgot I had my Grand Tursimo 1 disc in it too

The most epic game for me during that era was for sure MGS wow
Got my first Blu-ray on September 28th 2011!
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
Old 09-21-2013, 01:43 AM   #5
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...

Never owned a PS1 or PS2, so all my happy experiences are with #3. Will probably get a PS4 next year.

So my fondest memories are...
  • Using the PS3 for the first time, and being awed by the XMB setup and the ability to play music, photos, video, etc. Started my Blu-Ray collection at that point, and I was thoroughly awed by the Iron Man BD, which was brand new back then. Played around with DVDs to see how they upscaled.
  • First PSN game was PAIN. Kinda lost interest after a while, but for those first few weeks, it was pretty fun. Showed it off to my parents, and my dad is still obsessed with it.
  • Played and beat my first PS3 game, MGS4, which came with the console. Took up a good weekend to get through it. I was thoroughly impressed by the gameplay and graphics.
  • One of my other first PS3 games was Fallout 3, the collector's edition with the lunchbox and bobblehead figure. Many fond memories in that game: building the character, living the character in the vault, escaping the vault and seeing the wasteland for the first time, shooting up mutants and raiders, etc... Wound up platinuming and doing all the DLCs for this game; it's still one of my top favorites.
  • Played Conan. Still has one of the hardest bosses I've ever encountered; I got so mad with it, I started to worry about whether or not the neighbors would hear all my angry cursing through the house's stone walls. Also ate a whole box of chocolate-covered nuts; not necessarily by choice, it was a natural reaction to grab a handful and munch on them to quell my rage.
  • Played Resident Evil 5, had the collector's edition. My co-worker helped me with the co-op play. There are things I hated about the game, but it was pretty fun anyway.
  • Playing Heavy Rain with its groovy control scheme. Worked pretty hard to play and replay the story to get that platinum trophy.
  • Played Battlefield: Bad Co online with one of my coworkers and a few other friends. Did alright.
  • Playing Dante's Inferno and experiencing all the freaky levels of Hell. Something about seeing flaming bodies falling from the sky, crazy killer infants, demons with tentacles coming out of their nether regions, queen Cleopatra, rivers of blood and feces, all seemed rather crazy.
  • Playing WET, mostly impressed by the style and character design, getting annoyed by the glitchy gameplay.
  • Playing Bayonetta and all its crazy glory. This is one of those games I could play while playing music from the XMB, so I had a lot of my own heavy metal favorites playing while I was slaying angels.
  • Playing Assassin's Creed II. That ending sure was mind-blowing.
  • Playing Dragon Age: Origins. Created a character literally named McLuvin.
  • Playing Portal 2 and beating it within 3 days of its purchase (practically over the weekend).
  • Playing the PSN game Flower. It's like the ultimate chill-out game for me. The last level really felt powerful and uplifting.
  • Playing Dead Island and slaying many zombies with my electric katana.
  • Playing X-Com: Enemy Unknown. It was just great to see one of my old favorite PC games completely revamped for the current gaming generation.
  • Playing Child of Eden. The visuals and music are awesome.
  • Played Skyrim like a fiend. Despite all the freezing-up, I had a blast exploring the land, becoming a thief, slaying dragons, and everything. It is my current #1 favorite game.
  • Playing Bioshock Infinite. I was enjoying the story and characters as it is (I think Elizabeth is lovely), but that ending really pushed it above and beyond most other games.
  • Played The Last of Us. Didn't think I'd dig it that much, but I was thoroughly compelled by the story and gameplay. Parts of it made me want to cry.
  • Most recent moments would be in playing the entire Mass Effect trilogy in one one, importing my character all the way through and watching all the epic decisions coming together. I came to love all those characters and the entire ME universe. Specifically though, the first game had the most impressive story, and the second is my favorite, because the gameplay was so addicting and smooth.
That's all I can think of for now.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011

#1 Time Greatest Playstation Moment:

When I played Tetris and got to Level 32

#1 Greatest Playstation 2 Moment:

After getting DBZ Budokai for Christmas I played and beat the game all in the same night.

# 1 Greatest Playstation 3 Moment:

When I beat Batman Arkham City on Normal Mode
Old 10-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
Banned

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by West E View Post
Either playing Final Fantasy 7 and 10 for the first times or the last ten minutes of The Last of Us. Those three things kind of captured just how great videogames could be.

Although driving around in Vice City to that soundtrack was pretty good too.
Final Fantasy IX was, and is so much fun. I'm going to order this: Star Ocean: The Second Story in a few days, because I never had enough time to play it before. I have all the time in the world now, so I'm super excited about it.

re: My greatest PS moment is the first time I ported over a character between games; Champions of Norrath, Champions: Return to Arms. I was blown away because I had never even heard of porting characters, before. I've played many great games and had quite a few interesting moments, but that's what stayed with me the longest.

@Anyone: is there a general Playstation 'What are you playing thread' that I'm missing?

Edit: Never mind, I found it.

Last edited by Josh B; 10-01-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
[Show spoiler]I don't like how this part of the forum is just completely empty, so to fill up the space, here's a general thread about your best Playstation moment through all 3 (or 4 depending on when you're reading this) consoles.
Was it Psycho Mantis telling you about your love of Castlevania?
[Show spoiler]Fighting those sheep dressed as a scarecrow in Spyro the Dragon? Driving through the sun tinted landscape of Vice City? Taking down a huge colossus? Fighting off lackies with Nathan Drake or being the ultimate badass...Parappa the Rappa?
omg! that moment was awesome!!

I don't know about best moment since there are a lot, but a few memorable moments are;

PS1 - My friend was playing Parasite Eve 2 and he obtained the gunblade weapon (FF XIII) and said it was more like a trophy weapon, not really strong or anything. I then asked him - since it's a gunblade, does it trigger?
He said he never even thought, tried it and it works! hurrah massive damage!

PS2 - I was at a friend's house, there were 4 of us and 2 controllers. We thought, "why don't we try playing Tekken 3 and Armored Core coop vs".
2 players use 1 controller, 1 person's left hand for the D-Pad and 1 person's hand for the action buttons.

PS3 - my 1st platinum trophy (RE5)
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Old 10-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
Expert Member

Jan 2007
middle of nowere, IL.

Best Playstation moment:
Playing through Final Fantasy 7

Playstation 2 moment:
God of War, God of War 2- was blown away by GoW2 amazing what they accomplished with a console in it's twilight.

Playstation 3:
Man this is a tough one, I've got quite a backlog of games to play through right now but so far:

The Announcement that HD-DVD would cease production due to Blu-ray winning the HD format war!

God of War 3-All cut scenes rendered with the game engine-seamless
The Uncharted Series - Love it!
Infamous- Hated tracking down all those blast shards but...
Arhkam Asylum- finally a Batman game that was worthy
Many more endless hours of gaming awesomeness still to come
2.35:1 Scope, get the BIG picture
Panny 8000U/ Schneider Cine Digitar 1.33 Lens
120" Carada 2.35:1
Oppo BDP-103D/PS4/PS3/Xbox 360/AT-LP120
Denon AVR-4310/ Emotiva XPA-5
Def Tech BP 2004 Fronts/ CLR 2002 Center
BP2X Rears/Mirage BPS-400 Sub
PSN:victorvondoom88 XBL: VONDOOM88
Old 10-26-2013, 02:58 AM   #10

Sep 2013

My best/memorable moments:

For PS, it was playing it for the first time at Japantown. There was a toy shop that would charge a buck to play 15 minutes of any import game. I usually went there to play DBZ Super Butoden 2, then they got the PS and playing Battle Arena Toshinden was amazing.

For PS2, my favorite moments were playing the Onimusha series.

For PS3, TBD. But as of now, it would have to be playing through The Last of Us.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

My best PS moment would be my wife walking in the front door of our tiny apartment in NYC with a PS 2 in her hand on release day...my face just dropped...

Best gaming would be playing all of the GOW games in a row on the PS3 after being out of gaming for along time
MOE

Last edited by Moefiz; 11-08-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #12
Expert Member

Mar 2012

PS1 - Playing Final Fantasy VII (specifically "WTF? you can kill off a main character?) and NBA Live 2000 with all the unlocked legends.
PS2 - The endless nights of SOCOM 2 forcing me to sleep through math class the next day.
PS3 - The WTF moment in BioShock 1 I never saw coming.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #13
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Never had ps1 or ps2.

Got a ps3 on release day to scalp. Changed my mind and sold other av gear which paid for half. Then put it under the tree for my xmass.
Blu Rays are Forever
Old 11-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
Special Member

Jul 2013
THE 614

PS1 - Playing Crash Bandicoot and Twisted Metal for the first time and at the time, being blown away by the ideas and look of both games. Getting NFL Gameday '98 and not believing the 3D graphics complete with viewable numbers on the players jerseys! Also, I've gotta say Tekken 2 & 3 were huge favorites for me too.

PS2 - Driving around in Scarface going up to drug dealers, buying from them and then promptly killing them to get all my stuff back ....Shadow Of The Colossus for being unlike any game I ever played at that point...

PS3 - HEAVY RAIN! Loved experiencing everything within that world. L.A. Noire the complete edition was so much fun and is way better on PS3 than the 360...1 disc to rule them all...
Old 12-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
Alabama

original playstation: grinding all that time on gran turismo and finally scoring this.....
[Show spoiler]
don't know how many black ones i won, but when i finally won the red one, i was like.....

ps2: to be honest, i really didn't play too many games on this system. the first game i bought was driving emotion type-s to hold me over until gt3 was released. but once that was released i never played d. e. type-s again. then when gt4 was released i never played gt3 again. and my fondest memories are from playing gt4. i probably played gt4 as much as i played gt1.....which is ALOT! but my fondest memory from gt4 was getting that black polyphony formula gran turismo race car. racing all those endurance races (including the three 24-hour races) put a hurting on my thumbs, but it was all worth it in the end. and seeing the gold at 100% just made me smile.

ps3: getting the ps3 itself was a great moment for me. it was my first blu-ray player as well so it would get double duty as my game system as well as my bd player. and, yet again, when the latest gran turismo was released for the ps3 i had to go get it. gt5 was proceeded by gt5 prologue, so of course i bought that to hold me over until the full game was released. and when it finally was, i was like a kid all over again. i put so much time and effort into that game.....and i still haven't completed it. it is by far the biggest of the franchise (no shock there) but will probably be eclipsed by gt6 when it's released. but i think one of the biggest and best moments for me was when i finally beat the rally stages on advanced. rallying in the gt series has always been a challenge for me, so beating that on advanced put a smile on my face as i let out a huge sigh of relief when i finally crossed the line with faster time.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

--Evelyn Beatrice Hall
Old 01-12-2014, 03:31 AM   #16
Banned

Aug 2013

You can port over your Ps3 Diablo 3 character to the Ps4 game that's dropping this year. Neat.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

My first glimpse of the PS1 at an anime convention before it had been released in the U.S. The first games I saw were Ridge Racer and Toshinden and I was thoroughly impressed - enough to import a console for myself.

The original Resident Evil/Biohazard had many memorable moments. It looks really dated today, but at the time it was groundbreaking. Your first encounter with a zombie and when the hunters appear come to mind.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:21 AM   #18
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
the guy on the couch

Taking a buttload of LSD and playing jumping flash on ps1

Really though I would say ff7 start to finish. Loved every minute of it.
Aggressive MiniHorse

Xbox Tag: KrazeyEyez
Old 01-28-2014, 04:45 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

I can't pick just one.

PS2 - Tony Hawk Pro Skater. God of War 1 & 2 really woke me up to console gaming. GTA III first GTA game I ever played really woke me up to open world gaming. Prior to the PS2, I was a PC gamer with Half-Life 1, 2, Ep. 1 & 2.

PS3 - Soooo many: Getting the Phat 60GB PS3 during release month was craziness and $600 . Uncharted 1, 2 & 3 (in 3D). All Ratchet & Clank releases, GOW III, Army of II online Co-op with a buddy, InFamous, GTA IV, Heavy Rain, Rock Band 1, 2, 3, Lego Games, Assassin's Creed, Beyond: Two Souls, Blu-Ray player, firmware updates that enabled more and more BD features (like BD-Live, lossless audio and 3D), Disney Infinity with all characters & Power Discs ever released. YLOD on my original Phat PS3. Buying the repair kit, disassembling the PS3, heating the motherboard to reset the soldering, buying the 500GB GTA V/PS3 bundle and transferring the data from my original PS3 to the new PS3. Sony PSN hacking and getting my info into the hands of the hackers. Netflix. Crackle. Playstation+. The fact that I am still making memories with the PS3.

PS4 - E3 announcement or no online requirement and no disc sharing restrictions forcing M$ to backpedal was epic and literally affects the entire gaming industry. Knack.
Chet

BD 3D: This ain't yo momma's 3D!!! ;)
Old 01-30-2014, 02:10 AM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Limbo (Bakersfield, Ca.)

The first time I saw a resident evil 2 commercial and shouting " that's a game?!!". I immediately ran out and bought a playstation, resident evil and re2. Never saw anything like it.

Ps2 was probably socom multiplayer. Biggest disappointment was the hdd. Was led to believe it would do more.

Ps3 was getting my 60 gig right after launch day and playing everything I could.

Ps4... still waiting ... no regrets
PSN: un4gvn2 LIVE: un4givn2

EI 'AANIIGOO 'AHOOT'E
"2309, there is no finer vintage!"
SPOOOON!!

My music collection
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation