Best Blu-ray Deals


Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$90.34
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2014, 01:36 AM   #861
Sons Of Sparda Sons Of Sparda is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Sons Of Sparda's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Pennsylvania
1041
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
It's because the exclusives share the same DCPI number as the regular editions, so if they have the amaray in stock, it will also show the steelbook as in-stock. It's always been a major problem with Target exclusives of all kinds. Most people even receive the amaray versions when they order the exclusive online.

Unfortunately the only way to be sure they have something in stock is to go look for yourself.
Not at my store. They refuse to price match any of their exclusives. Yes one of the reasons they suck. To lazy like most companies to change a simple number to make it easier on the employees and customers when trying to locate a copy.

Last edited by Sons Of Sparda; 09-15-2014 at 01:39 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:08 AM   #862
justkush justkush is offline
Member
 
May 2014
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
It's because the exclusives share the same DCPI number as the regular editions, so if they have the amaray in stock, it will also show the steelbook as in-stock. It's always been a major problem with Target exclusives of all kinds. Most people even receive the amaray versions when they order the exclusive online.

Unfortunately the only way to be sure they have something in stock is to go look for yourself.

I actually don't want them to ever change this because it makes it way easier to PM another stores regular edition sale price for the Target exclusive, since as far as the system is concered, they're the same item.
I agree. I always price match the exclusives at Target. Just depends on the CS rep but they will do since they dont want any trouble.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:48 AM   #863
dandman1021 dandman1021 is online now
Senior Member
 
dandman1021's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
Miami
167
1
3
Default

Target by my house had about 3 Django unchained steel books left yesterday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #864
quickdraw quickdraw is online now
Expert Member
 
quickdraw's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Northern California
375
5
Default

It was interesting the feeding frenzy hype when this was originally released and now it's turned into "the steelbook Target can't get rid of". I often check the shrinking BD section of the Targets near me and they always seem to have a copy or two of the Django steelbook laying around.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #865
Wingman1977 Wingman1977 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Wingman1977's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The empire state (NYC)
7
637
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
It was interesting the feeding frenzy hype when this was originally released and now it's turned into "the steelbook Target can't get rid of". I often check the shrinking BD section of the Targets near me and they always seem to have a copy or two of the Django steelbook laying around.
It was never rare. People believed that it was.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #866
Bruisermoore Bruisermoore is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Bruisermoore's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.
1126
10
180
Default

At the stores in my area the "Exclusive Target can't get rid of" torch has been passed to the Ender's Game steelbook. Each of the three stores in my area have 4-5 out and probably more in the back.
MY ONLY WANT: Blufans Let The Bullets Fly steelbook!
Have for trade: Blufans SB: Pacific Rim, Wall-E Lenti or reg. slip, Up Lenti slip Kimchi SB: Rush Lenti, Pianist Lenti, Memento Lenti or Full Slip Zavvi SB: V for Vendetta, Temple of Doom, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 2 Others: TWD S2 Zombie Head, SDCC Alien Anthology Egg set, SF Pumpkinhead w/mint slip, poster, and magnets.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #867
brian9229 brian9229 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
brian9229's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Burlington, Vermont Steelbooks-130
94
607
62
9
40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
At the stores in my area the "Exclusive Target can't get rid of" torch has been passed to the Ender's Game steelbook. Each of the three stores in my area have 4-5 out and probably more in the back.
And to think, i raced across Lake Champlain to get to the only Target within 150 miles of me for the Django exclusive. I could've relaxed about it for a year and took my time.It sucks because, you never know whats going to sell out fast besides the obvious ones,(Marvel,Disney, etc.)
Samsung Smart LED 3DTV 120hz Model - un40d6420
Panasonic 3D Bluray player Model - DMP-BDT320(Multiregion)
Magnavox Bluray player Model - NB530MGX
Xbox 360 4gb
Monster Powercentre model - HT700
Samsung Active 3D glasses model - SSG-3050GB x
For Trade:Captain America TWS Bestbuy excl steelbook/sealed PM if interested

  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #868
Bruisermoore Bruisermoore is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Bruisermoore's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.
1126
10
180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian9229 View Post
And to think, i raced across Lake Champlain to get to the only Target within 150 miles of me for the Django exclusive. I could've relaxed about it for a year and took my time.It sucks because, you never know whats going to sell out fast besides the obvious ones,(Marvel,Disney, etc.)
Yeah, those are safe bets to usually sell out fast, but I have two stores near me with a couple of the Thor TDW Loki slips still on the shelves.
MY ONLY WANT: Blufans Let The Bullets Fly steelbook!
Have for trade: Blufans SB: Pacific Rim, Wall-E Lenti or reg. slip, Up Lenti slip Kimchi SB: Rush Lenti, Pianist Lenti, Memento Lenti or Full Slip Zavvi SB: V for Vendetta, Temple of Doom, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead 2 Others: TWD S2 Zombie Head, SDCC Alien Anthology Egg set, SF Pumpkinhead w/mint slip, poster, and magnets.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #869
dandman1021 dandman1021 is online now
Senior Member
 
dandman1021's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
Miami
167
1
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
At the stores in my area the "Exclusive Target can't get rid of" torch has been passed to the Ender's Game steelbook. Each of the three stores in my area have 4-5 out and probably more in the back.
Store by me has the same problem. I even saw a wolf of Wall Street yellow steel there last time I went
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #870
lokutus1 lokutus1 is offline
Active Member
 
lokutus1's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
1
Default

I'm still looking for the Elysium steelbook to make a re-appearance at my store.
Blufans VIP
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #871
Movieman73 Movieman73 is offline
Member
 
Mar 2014
1
Default

If anyone that still has one at there target could get me one, I'd greatly appreciate it and would pay the price for it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:23 AM   #872
asoofi1 asoofi1 is online now
Member
 
Feb 2014
Default

These aren't exclusive to target... was at best buy today and they had these for 9.99.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:28 AM   #873
jscoggins jscoggins is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jscoggins's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
13
41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
These aren't exclusive to target... was at best buy today and they had these for 9.99.
Target has an Exclusive Steelbook. Anchor Bay later released another Steelbook that was carried by all retailers.
SlipcoverLover is remake.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:45 AM   #874
Waboman Waboman is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo
391
3
Default

Keep in mind the non-Target Steelbook is only a single disc. The Target exclusive is a 3 disc set which includes a Bonus Disc, BD, DVD and Digital Copy.
When life gives you limes, make margaritas
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:50 AM   #875
asoofi1 asoofi1 is online now
Member
 
Feb 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscoggins View Post
Target has an Exclusive Steelbook. Anchor Bay later released another Steelbook that was carried by all retailers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Keep in mind the non-Target Steelbook is only a single disc. The Target exclusive is a 3 disc set which includes a Bonus Disc, BD, DVD and Digital Copy.
Gotcha
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:36 PM.