Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Cabin in the Woods (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.95
Gone with the Wind (Blu-ray)
$7.97
Mulan / Mulan II (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Wire: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Birdman (Blu-ray)
$14.99
A Most Violent Year (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Knowing (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Foxcatcher (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 04-06-2015, 04:58 PM   #1001
Special Member

Jul 2010
California
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilapimp View Post
So I watched a movie with my brother last year that just came out direct to video. I can't think of the name of it but I didnt like it at first but the more I think about it had its moments, so I'd like to watch it again. The Story is a guy and girl go to a bar in the beginning of the movie and the guy spills his drink on some other guy, nothing really happens, and the guy and girl end up leaving. They end up getting lost on the car ride and end up on a deserted road where no matter how they look at the map they cant figure out a way to get out of where they are (on some deserted back roads). Crazy shit starts happening to them after they start getting frustrated and low on gas and they eventually find someone on the side of the road. They pick this guy up and everything seems normal but then some weird stuff happens with the stranger and they end up getting in a fight. The stranger laughs as he leaves them. And shits still weird. I dont want to say much more cuz it will ruin it for other people but the movie takes place in Ireland I think. Please help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzi View Post
I think you're talking about In Fear (2013).
I agree. That's the one.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:37 PM   #1002
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Dagobah

I think chances are slim anyone knows this movie, but I might as well give it a shot:

I am a huge fan of Walter Hill's "Crossroads" with Steve Vai "cutting heads" towards the end of the film.

Well, a friend of mine told me that there is another film, apparently called Crossroads, but I wouldn't read too much into the title, and
it features a pizza baker, who plays the guitar like the devil, and it's supposedly quite dark.

That's pretty much all I know about it, and I have never seen it, but my friend said the guitarist was a real virtuoso, someone like Michael Angelo Batio....I believe my friend also mentioning a double guitar or so.

I see he has done solo parts for a low budget horror film, but not the story I am talking about.

Has anyone seen it, and knows the title?
When are they gonna release these movies on BD?:Crossroads (W. Hill; Steve Vai),Fun with Dick & Jane (Jim Carrey, Tea L.), Man on the Moon (Jim C.), Death Becomes Her R. Z.,Diana Krall-LiveattheMontrealJ.F., Alien Autopsy,Dangerous Lives of Alter Boys (Jodie Foster),Fierce Creatures (John Cleese, E. I., J.L.Curtis)Housesitter(Steve M., Goldie H.),Bowfinger (S. M.), Shopgirl (S. M.),OutofTowners (S.M.),Spanglish,Odd Couple 2 (Jack L., Walter M.),Wallace and Gromit-The Curse of the Were-Rabbit,

Last edited by Bluyoda; 04-06-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:36 PM   #1003

Feb 2012
Wisconsin

Yes! It's In Fear.... Thanks Bonzi and wonkavision!
Thanks given by:
wonkavision (04-07-2015)
Old 04-06-2015, 10:16 PM   #1004

Apr 2015
The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxrebellion View Post
I've been trying to figure out what movie this is for years. I saw it back in the late 80's or early 90's on a Saturday afternoon UHF channel.

What i can remember is this:

It seemed like it was from the 70's or early 80's.

There was a scientist involved that I think was doing experiments on bugs that involved some sort of mutation. Towards the end of the movie he was doing these experiments at his house, which I think was in a remote location. He had mutated an insect, maybe more, to very large sizes, maybe 3 times the size of a human. The bug(s) attacked him at his remote house and I believe killed him. I think a large hole or crater was involved.

Sound familiar to anyone? I'm dying to see this again as it seemed pretty scarey and horrific and still haunts me to this day.
Hmm, Food of the Gods maybe? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074540/
Old 04-06-2015, 10:26 PM   #1005
Special Member

Nov 2008
In the Home Theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxrebellion View Post
I've been trying to figure out what movie this is for years. I saw it back in the late 80's or early 90's on a Saturday afternoon UHF channel.

What i can remember is this:

It seemed like it was from the 70's or early 80's.

There was a scientist involved that I think was doing experiments on bugs that involved some sort of mutation. Towards the end of the movie he was doing these experiments at his house, which I think was in a remote location. He had mutated an insect, maybe more, to very large sizes, maybe 3 times the size of a human. The bug(s) attacked him at his remote house and I believe killed him. I think a large hole or crater was involved.

Sound familiar to anyone? I'm dying to see this again as it seemed pretty scarey and horrific and still haunts me to this day.
Bug (1975)
Old 04-07-2015, 12:44 PM   #1006

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
Bug (1975)
I was just thinking that. Bradford Dillman starred. They're fire bugs or something like that.

[Show spoiler]They burn his house down with him in it. I never used to like it when the lead got killed!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072750/...nm_flmg_act_51

Last edited by CrockettandTubbs; 04-07-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:12 PM   #1007
Expert Member

Sep 2009
On the road with a failed actress
Default Ralph Macchio on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluyoda View Post
I am a huge fan of Walter Hill's "Crossroads" with Steve Vai "cutting heads" towards the end of the film.
Best casting ever. Have the DVD, would love a Blu. (Didn't realize Walter Hill directed; hey, it's been a long time since I watched!)
Last bought: Fright Night autographed (to trade), Sullivan's Travels
Biggest wants:Monolith Monsters (Germany), Italian Job (Nordic), The Cell (Canada) slipcover - see my collection for trades
Biggest wishes: Breakdown, The Hitcher (1986)
Old 04-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #1008

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysenn View Post
for years this has plagued me and I havent been able to find the movie. All I remember is that there is a battle in a forest and the hero uses a bow that fires "energy arrows". This may be a straight to video movies from the 80's.
I don't know if you're still looking for this one but another film with "energy arrows" is Conquest (1983).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies