Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #1061

Mar 2012
West Richland WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Swords View Post
AWESOME!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #1062
Special Member

Sep 2012
Manchester, Uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Swords View Post
Brilliant-take a bow.
" Steve Gerrard Gerrard, he slipped on his ******* arse, he gave it to Demba Ba, Steve Gerrard Gerrard"

Manchester City -2014 Premier League Champions.
2014 League Cup Winners.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:41 PM   #1063
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

The music in this trailer sounds strangely familiar...

Old 12-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #1064

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

That trailer needs to be re-done with AC/DC as the music instead.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #1065
Expert Member

May 2013
Camp Crystal Lake

Long dead thread.....shame since the movie is excellent, you cant label it a misfire

Wretched transfer though. Again in some of the still gallery shots and pictures during the documentary you can see how good this film would have looked if Universal had just left it alone and transferred it without tinkering. Butchers.
ISO : Original Capitol / EMI IRON MAIDEN Cd's from the 1980's. PM me.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #1066
Power Member

Feb 2008
Beverley, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvorhees View Post
Long dead thread.....shame since the movie is excellent, you cant label it a misfire

Wretched transfer though. Again in some of the still gallery shots and pictures during the documentary you can see how good this film would have looked if Universal had just left it alone and transferred it without tinkering. Butchers.
Wretched?
Think that's a bit extreme.
Personally I think it's a good transfer, I disliked this film for years thanks to murky VHS and DVD. This bluray brought it to life, it felt like a new film - I enjoyed it immensely.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:52 PM   #1067
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:

I wouldn't say long dead. It's only been a few months since a post.

I wouldn't call the transfer wretched. My biggest problem was the compression artifacts due to how Shout compresses the discs. I thought the transfer itself wasn't bad. What in particular did you find wrong with the transfer? I'm curious.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:45 PM   #1068

May 2009
Eau Claire, WI, USA

Quote:

Never fear -- the Halloween season will be here before long, and all the kiddies will surely be back in time for the Big Giveaway....at 9!

Wretched transfer? Not sure what you expected, but I think it looks pretty darn good, especially in comparison to the DVDs -- it's like night and day difference. Sure there are some scenes that are kind of soft, and a few shots that looked smoothed out. But overall it has a nice film look to it, great color, and the blacks are nice and inky. For a low budget, early 80s horror flick I'd say it turned out pretty awesome. I loved HIII before, and since the blu came out my love grew ten times.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:02 PM   #1069
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Burlington, Vermont Steelbooks-125

Quote:

You cannot compare stills to the moving picture. The transfer is great, soft shots tend to happen with movies that were filmed in 81/82. I found the color timing to be pretty close to perfect as well, not to mention the overall clarity which far surpasses any previous home video release.
Samsung Smart LED 3DTV 120hz Model - un40d6420
Panasonic 3D Bluray player Model - DMP-BDT320(Multiregion)
Magnavox Bluray player Model - NB530MGX
Xbox 360 4gb
Monster Powercentre model - HT700
Samsung Active 3D glasses model - SSG-3050GB x
For Trade:Captain America TWS Bestbuy excl steelbook/sealed PM if interested

Old 03-29-2014, 11:18 PM   #1070
Banned

Aug 2011
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian9229 View Post
You cannot compare stills to the moving picture. The transfer is great, soft shots tend to happen with movies that were filmed in 81/82. I found the color timing to be pretty close to perfect as well, not to mention the overall clarity which far surpasses any previous home video release.
There is some very noticeable edge enhancement that surrounds almost everything during the day scenes. The scene where Challis and Ellie first drive into Santa Mira, it's hard not to notice halos surrounding all the buildings and signs. Also, there are some instances of the typical Scream Factory compression issues that more people seem to be noticing nowadays.

I wouldn't say it is a great transfer but it could have been a lot worse if Universal digitally tinkered with it even more like they do for a lot of their other catalog titles.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:32 PM   #1071

Mar 2014
Default I like the film now

I saw this in the theaters When first released & I didn't like it. It took me almost 30 years to give this film a 2nd look. I am glad I did give another chance! It is very enjoyable. Like everyone has stated it should not of been called "Halloween III" or "Season of the Witch" I think a better title would of been "The Slaughter"
Old 03-30-2014, 12:51 AM   #1072
Expert Member

May 2013
Camp Crystal Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky01542 View Post
There is some very noticeable edge enhancement that surrounds almost everything during the day scenes. The scene where Challis and Ellie first drive into Santa Mira, it's hard not to notice halos surrounding all the buildings and signs. Also, there are some instances of the typical Scream Factory compression issues that more people seem to be noticing nowadays.

I wouldn't say it is a great transfer but it could have been a lot worse if Universal digitally tinkered with it even more like they do for a lot of their other catalog titles.
Summed it up perfectly. This film, Prince of Darkness, They Live etc....are all similar in their harsh digital presentation. They are all superior to past home video formats, no doubt about that, but they are nowhere near as good as they could have been if released untouched even. I'll take the occasional film scratch, black blemish etc over one that has been gone over digitally and has the shiny plastic look.

EE, DNR, compression blurriness are the main complaints.....to quote Tom Atkins STOP IT.

Im glad it's released and will give it another spin come Halloween; its one of those films I can watch three or four times a year.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:28 AM   #1073
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Australia

I enjoyed H3 much more then H2, the Micheal Myers continuation just wasn't appealing to me, I like that H3 went down a new path. The first act is weak but once they arrive at the factory the pacing and story and direction really picks up.

I've only seen a pan & scan DVD copy of H3, so the BD would be a big step up for me.

Here's the cover art for our local version:

Last edited by Blu-21; 03-30-2014 at 03:31 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #1074
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

Quote:
Summed it up perfectly. This film, Prince of Darkness, They Live etc....are all similar in their harsh digital presentation. They are all superior to past home video formats, no doubt about that, but they are nowhere near as good as they could have been if released untouched even. I'll take the occasional film scratch, black blemish etc over one that has been gone over digitally and has the shiny plastic look.

EE, DNR, compression blurriness are the main complaints.....to quote Tom Atkins STOP IT.

Im glad it's released and will give it another spin come Halloween; its one of those films I can watch three or four times a year.
This has a much better transfer than something like They Live, which is far more processed. H3's transfer isn't perfect, but it's a good deal better than the average Universal master.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:24 AM   #1075
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-21 View Post
Here's the cover art for our local version:

Actually the local cover art is a bit different to the image in the database:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=30511
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avp/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (region free), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony 1100i remote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #1076

Nov 2013
Melbourne

I like that they used the original artwork for the Australian BD release.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:02 AM   #1077
Expert Member

May 2013
Camp Crystal Lake

The Scream Factory release includes the original artwork as a reversible and its the one I use....far superior to the newly commissioned in my opinion.

I really think that the idea hinted at in the documentary about each Halloween installment being a completely new and separate story from its predecessor....like an anthology based series based on the idea of the Halloween holiday....had some real potential. Factor in the possibility of each story having the chance for its own spinoff, would have allowed a separate Myers series while still allowing for some new ideas to flow into the overall franchise. The problem is this should have started right from the first film but by releasing a Halloween II as a pure sequel to part one, both the idea and the name of the series had been forever linked to Myers.

Halloween Night - Season Of The Witch
Halloween Night - ......

Something like that might have worked.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:13 AM   #1078
Special Member

Oct 2012
Northeastern Pennsylvania

Watched my copy from Scream Factory for the first time last night. I'm not exactly sure where I stand with it. At first, my reaction was that it was basically crap. But thinking back, it wasn't really that bad. I don't know if I like this film or not. That is my contribution to this thread I guess
Old 03-31-2014, 02:57 AM   #1079

Jan 2012

i am hearing impaired and cant buy due to no subtitles
but the dvd version has them
Old 03-31-2014, 04:26 AM   #1080
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
Actually the local cover art is a bit different to the image in the database:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=30511
Fair enough, looks even better. More authentic.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America