Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Orange Is the New Black: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Knick: Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Imitation Game (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$94.99
Blomkamp³ Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$44.96
Red vs. Blue: RVBX: Ten Years of Red vs. Blue (Blu-ray)
$63.99
X-Men and the Wolverine Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
American Beauty (Blu-ray)
$5.00
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$22.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-29-2015, 12:13 AM   #1041
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Upstate New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk5844 View Post
It didn't really serve much purpose, I did like when Daryl and Carol were in the city though, that episode was a nice callback to the urban setting of the first season and it had a cool (if somewhat physics-defying) setpiece on the bridge and some great music by McCreary. These last few episodes have been pretty solid and interesting though, I've actually been very much looking forward to them week to week lately. Excited for the 90 minute season finale tomorrow night! I want
[Show spoiler]Morgan
to show up!
Don't forget that bridge sequence was also death defying. I mean, they walked away from that with very little damage. It was a cringe-worthy moment. It was saved by all the zombie bodies falling on 'em, though...

But the hospital episodes seem like filler content. The series is practically caught up with the comics, and I think they wanted to lay some padding out until they were able to wrap the season up and figure where to go from there. The comics have no end in sight, and the show is in the same predicament... and being that the show can move along faster than the comics do, well, they have some thinking to do.
2012 favs: Prometheus, Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures, Universal Classic Monsters, The Terminator (UK), E.T. (digibook), JAWS (digibook), Walking Dead Season 2 w/ Zombie Head, Full Metal Jacket (digibook), Star Trek TNG Season 1, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Casablanca, Game of Thrones Season 1, Cleopatra (UK)
Old 03-29-2015, 01:04 AM   #1042

Oct 2014

How caught up is the show to current issues (I've only read the first 7 hard covers)?
Old 03-29-2015, 03:09 PM   #1043
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobol View Post
How caught up is the show to current issues (I've only read the first 7 hard covers)?
I would have to go back and look, but the show is up to about the issue #60-70 range, I think. Mzupeman is spot on, about the show moving much faster than the comics. That's why each season will get a large(and/or expanded) storyline. Last season had Terminus, and this season had the hospital.
With only a 30page comic being released monthly? vs. a weekly show, and the show being able to capture much more in a few seconds that would take pages in a comic, the show has to veer off the path each season or it would easily overtake the source material.
Thanks given by:
kobol (03-29-2015)
Old 03-29-2015, 03:42 PM   #1044
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
Seasons 1, 2 and 3 are all awesome imo.

4 and 5 are a mixed bag of a few great episodes and quite a few underwhelming ones.
There was some great stuff in Season 3 (the first four episodes, "Hounded," "Clear"), but I think the Governor was miscast and his arc/characterization wasn't handled well enough, Michonne wasn't given enough depth, and Andrea became really unlikable and annoying. The Woodbury people too...ugh. The season finale was utterly disappointing as well, though they made up for it with his small 2 or 3 episode arc in Season 4. The main story of the season just overall was poorly written at times, even the meeting between Rick and The Governor took too long to happen and wasn't that exciting when it did. I'd personally say Season 3 was a mixed bag with some great nuggets of episodes in it.

Season 5 still has some issues, but it's been the most engaging and satisfying season to me since Season 2. Season 4 I unquestionably believe is the weakest, it feels like two halves and I didn't care about the infection storyline nor the boring second half where they're all split up and meandering around ("The Grove" is hands down a series-best episode, however).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post
Don't forget that bridge sequence was also death defying. I mean, they walked away from that with very little damage. It was a cringe-worthy moment. It was saved by all the zombie bodies falling on 'em, though...

But the hospital episodes seem like filler content. The series is practically caught up with the comics, and I think they wanted to lay some padding out until they were able to wrap the season up and figure where to go from there. The comics have no end in sight, and the show is in the same predicament... and being that the show can move along faster than the comics do, well, they have some thinking to do.
I didn't cringe but it indeed could've been executed better.

That's actually one of my main problems with the show is that it seems to have no end in sight, and the series often lazily resorts to a "rinse and repeat" routine with storylines and character deaths. Many characters aren't given much development so they're deaths don't matter. The show was at its best in the first two seasons when everyone had a place and was given some importance. Shane and Dale were great examples of this. I liked that they just came across a group once and said their goodbyes, like in "Vatos." The Sofia plotline was slow but paid off brilliantly, same with gaining Herschell's trust and having that fall apart.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America