Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pumpkinhead (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.98
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #241
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Detroit, MI

I watch this probably 4 times a month and listen to the soundtrack at least twice a week. I love it so much. Ramin and Sierra are my favorites
Hate Kills Us All
Old 04-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #242
Expert Member

Jul 2009
Virginia Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenofstone10 View Post
I watch this probably 4 times a month and listen to the soundtrack at least twice a week. I love it so much. Ramin and Sierra are my favorites
Nice. I watched this quite a bit when it first came out but haven't seen it in a while now. I'm a huge John Owen-Jones fan and am glad that he makes an appearance at the end of the production but wish he had been the phantom for the actual Show
Sharp LC60LE835U 60" LED 3D TV with 7.1 Surround
Playstation 3 slim
Sony STR-DH820
Polk Audio 75t (Fronts)
Polk Audio Monitor70 series II (Right and Left surround)
Polk Audio CS20
Sony HZ970W (HTIB) fronts used as rears
Power Sound Audio XV-30
Old 04-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #243
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Detroit, MI

John Owen Jones is a great phantom and actually all the guys at the end I really like. Took me a while for Peter Joback to grow on me but I saw video of his whole performance and very well done. This was my first full Phantom experience as I've only ever seen the movie or sound clips from random shows. Ramin and Sierra will always be my favorite.
Hate Kills Us All
Old 04-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #244
Expert Member

Jul 2009
Virginia Beach

It's funny how it seems to work, for that show more than most, that whatever actor people saw first in the role TENDS to be your favorite. Always exceptions, but that seems to be true more often than not. Ramin did a good job, you really can't go wrong with that choice, I just prefer JOJ. I was actually lucky enough to have seen JOJ as the Phantom with Ramin as his Raoul.
Sharp LC60LE835U 60" LED 3D TV with 7.1 Surround
Playstation 3 slim
Sony STR-DH820
Polk Audio 75t (Fronts)
Polk Audio Monitor70 series II (Right and Left surround)
Polk Audio CS20
Sony HZ970W (HTIB) fronts used as rears
Power Sound Audio XV-30
Old 06-29-2013, 05:45 AM   #245
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Finally got around to watching this...

Wow...

Just wow.......

I am so glad I got this Blu-ray!

My history with the show: I first saw the show at the over-illustrious Pantages Theatre in Toronto when I was about 10 or 11 years old. I left the theatre in an absolute daze from what I had just seen. I don't think that I slept for several days afterwards. It was, by and large, the most astounding thing that I had ever experienced with senses and emotions. Years later I returned to see the show in Toronto once again, however the show had changed locations by this time and the theatre was not completely retrofitted for the show as the Pantages had originally been. So, my second experience was quite a bit lucklustre compared to the first as many compromises had to be made for the show to work in the new theatre. Next time I saw the presentation was the god awfully terrible film version whose only beacon of positivity lies in the performance of Emmy Rossum as Christine.

Now, amidst the 22 years that have passed since my first experience with Phantom, I have actively sought to discover the many different voices that have portrayed the various lead characters. And, let me just say the following regarding who my dream choices would have been to be able to witness a live performance while they were in their prime...

On this Blu-ray release, when Sarah Brightman came out at the end, sang the title song, and shared a couple of moments with Colm Wilkinson while doing so, I just about died! It was the first time in 22 years since I first left the Pantages Theatre that I had experienced an absolute daze! It literally took me 10 minutes to come back to reality! Sarah Brightman will forever be my Christine and Colm Wilkinson will forever be my Phantom. I wish that we could have seen them actually perform together.

So, for anyone who is even slightly interested in Phantom, I can't recommend this enough. It certainly does not beat witnessing a proper live stage performance, but it is an extremely prestigious and respectful presentation of the Andrew Lloyd Webber masterpiece that boasts some very potent and powerful performances.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America