COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$64.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Coraline (Blu-ray)
$19.70
Dragon Ball Z: Season 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Eighth Series (Blu-ray)
$64.96
Lost: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.50
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Bates Motel: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
War Horse (Blu-ray)
$9.99
24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Vikings: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Step Up 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.80

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2014, 03:27 AM   #3181
jshaide jshaide is online now
Active Member
 
jshaide's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Surprisingly, a site review for Death Kiss is already up.
I saw that. Yet I still can't find anywhere to order it.

I'm actually hoping that it waits a littleonger, so I can order the Dec. Studio Classics I want and Death Kiss, get the cheaper price and free shipping.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:29 AM   #3182
octagon octagon is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
octagon's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Chicago
1288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
Oh, I'm sure that's going to upset a few folks around here...
What doesn't?
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:39 AM   #3183
NoirFan NoirFan is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
NoirFan's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
1053
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaide View Post
I saw that. Yet I still can't find anywhere to order it.
Same here. My Blowitoutahere order was auto-cancelled last month, and they haven't re-added it to their site. After several delays, I'm just glad it's finally being released, even if pre-orders are still nowhere to be found.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:48 AM   #3184
jshaide jshaide is online now
Active Member
 
jshaide's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Same here. My Blowitoutahere order was auto-cancelled last month, and they haven't re-added it to their site. After several delays, I'm just glad it's finally being released, even if pre-orders are still nowhere to be found.
I'm surprised that the Kino site itself doesn't have it listed yet, though that site is pretty horrible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:06 AM   #3185
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is offline
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
16
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Surprisingly, a site review for Death Kiss is already up.
Why are you surprised?

Unlike some other reviewers, our reviewers do not just post screencaptures with borrowed analysis from other writers. Our reviewers also do not copy supplied PR text for the supplemental features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
Oh, I'm sure that's going to upset a few folks around here...
I am only familiar with one of these films and it is pretty remarkable that an official DVD release is actually happening.

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 09-16-2014 at 04:09 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:09 AM   #3186
jayembee jayembee is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire
634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Surprisingly, a site review for Death Kiss is already up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Why are you surprised?

Unlike some other reviewers, our reviewers do not just post screencaptures with borrowed analysis from other writers. Our reviewers also do not copy supplied PR text for the supplemental features.
I think he meant that it indicated that the title actually was being released rather than staying in limbo. A review suggests that a review copy went out, which suggests that the BDs were actually pressed.
List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.

"I am Spartacus!"
"I am Spartacus!"
"I am Spartacus!"
"I am Groot."
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:11 AM   #3187
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is offline
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
16
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
I think he meant that it indicated that the title actually was being released rather than staying in limbo. A review suggests that a review copy went out, which suggests that the BDs were actually pressed.


What makes you think that there was a chance that Blu-rays would not be pressed? Kino actually promoted this upcoming release and there was never an announcement that it would be delayed or canceled.

Pro-B
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:16 AM   #3188
NoirFan NoirFan is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
NoirFan's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
1053
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Why are you surprised?
...I am surprised because it is a month before release date (which is relatively early for this site to review a release), and, as previously noted, with no pre-orders available anywhere and with several delays already, I had assumed the disc was still in limbo. Is that okay?

Quote:
Kino actually promoted this upcoming release and there was never an announcement that it would be delayed or canceled.
The original release date was May 6th. Since then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Kid Forums on 6/15
Someone asked about THE DEATH KISS on Kino's Facebook page; they replied it has been "postponed for technical reasons."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Kid Forums on 6/17
From Reid Rossman at Kino:
We're hoping for a fourth quarter release, but no word yet.
We'll post on our site and facebook when there's news.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Reid
Link


Quote:
Unlike some other reviewers, our reviewers do not just post screencaptures with borrowed analysis from other writers. Our reviewers also do not copy supplied PR text for the supplemental features.
Ah, I see what this is really about.

Last edited by NoirFan; 09-16-2014 at 04:25 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:34 AM   #3189
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is offline
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
16
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
The original release date was May 6th.
This isn't true. It was a date supplied to e-vendors to set up pre-orders, which is something we also had reflected on the site:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13356

May 6th was a date which was never officially dispatched in a press release from Kino. However, there were press notes and images supplied by Kino for this release. Since then, there has not been a single press announcement stating that the release will be officially/unofficially delayed.

The only movement in terms of dates was at Amazon, and it was done internally. Our system has logged the same changes.

Pro-B
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:49 AM   #3190
NoirFan NoirFan is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
NoirFan's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
1053
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Since then, there has not been a single press announcement stating that the release will be officially/unofficially delayed.
So because posts from Kino on their official Facebook page stating that a release has been 'postponed for technical reasons' aren't press announcements, they don't count as delays? In any case, all of this is due to you misinterpreting my use of the word 'surprisingly', so I'm not going to become ensnared in some sort of nebulous debate, when there is really nothing to debate.

Regardless, I look forward to re-ordering the release from Blowitoutahere as soon as their pre-order returns. I can't see it getting much lower than the $17.97 I paid during their an earlier 15% sale. Hopefully it won't be a difficult process getting a re-order at the lower price. I recall auto-cancelling being a regular occurrence at Import CDs, but I've never had a pre-order from Blowitoutahere last so long that it fell victim to the shoddy cataloging software that they assumedly share with Import CDs. Actually, in this case I believe that the pre-order just disappeared entirely.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:29 AM   #3191
Rich65 Rich65 is offline
Power Member
 
Rich65's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
USA
676
294
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
So because posts from Kino on their official Facebook page stating that a release has been 'postponed for technical reasons' aren't press announcements, they don't count as delays? In any case, all of this is due to you misinterpreting my use of the word 'surprisingly', so I'm not going to become ensnared in some sort of nebulous debate, when there is really nothing to debate.

Regardless, I look forward to re-ordering the release from Blowitoutahere as soon as their pre-order returns. I can't see it getting much lower than the $17.97 I paid during their an earlier 15% sale. Hopefully it won't be a difficult process getting a re-order at the lower price. I recall auto-cancelling being a regular occurrence at Import CDs, but I've never had a pre-order from Blowitoutahere last so long that it fell victim to the shoddy cataloging software that they assumedly share with Import CDs. Actually, in this case I believe that the pre-order just disappeared entirely.
I will be getting this when it is released, looking forward to it.
The Ghostbusters earned their Stripes and to relax decided to go play golf, but got locked in the Caddyshack by the Gopher with The Blues Brothers who are hiding from a Dragnet but luckily they all escaped to The Great Outdoors, where they met a ranger who turned out to be The Man Who Knew Too Little because everything he said was Lost In Translation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #3192
NoirFan NoirFan is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
NoirFan's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
1053
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Hopefully it won't be a difficult process getting a re-order at the lower price.
Terrific customer service:

Quote:
Unfortunatley at this time we do not currently have any available discounted coupons. We ask that you periodically check the website for
any upcoming discounts.
So much for them honoring my original order, even after I carefully explained the circumstances.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #3193
Rob S. Rob S. is offline
KL Studio Classics Rep
 
Sep 2014
New York, NY
Default Black Sabbath/Black Sunday Announcement

Due to unforeseen contractual issues, Kino Lorber will no longer be able to sell the Blu-ray of BLACK SABBATH/BLACK SUNDAY (U.S. Release Versions). We apologize for this inconvenience and hope to have one or both of these titles back in release in the future.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #3194
jshaide jshaide is online now
Active Member
 
jshaide's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
503
Default

Wow, my copy of Death Kiss arrived today (and Short Eyes for that matter). It does exist!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Battleship Potemkin (1925) for April 20th from Kino Blu-ray Movies - North America bluskies 48 09-04-2014 10:33 PM
When is KINO going to start releasing Blu-rays? Blu-ray Movies - North America BigWoman 9 01-12-2010 04:57 PM
Kino and Lorber to Merge Blu-ray Movies - North America Moonraker 6 12-10-2009 06:21 PM
Kino International Blu-ray Blu-ray Movies - North America Clamps 10 05-29-2009 12:05 PM
KINO goes Blu Blu-ray Movies - North America pro-bassoonist 14 09-23-2008 01:24 AM

Tags
foreign films, kino, kino international, kino video, silent films

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15 PM.