COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$13.18
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Inside Job (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$18.98
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
George Gently, Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$23.19
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
WWE: The Best of RAW 2010 (Blu-ray)
$11.48
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
El Mariachi / Desperado (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 02:56 AM   #21
surfinhank surfinhank is offline
Active Member
 
surfinhank's Avatar
 
May 2009
4516
2
Default

Thanks for starting a thread for this, it's much appreciated!

Here's a few more:

Vamp (Arrow release):
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Vamp-Blu-ray/15592/

Black Sheep:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Black-Sheep-Blu-ray/2031/

Infestation:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Infestation-Blu-ray/5375/

Company of Wolves
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Co...-Blu-ray/1987/
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #22
Kriztoffer Swank Kriztoffer Swank is offline
Special Member
 
Kriztoffer Swank's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Minnesota
778
41
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
^
When/if they do, it likely won't have the AIP cut, as with the other Kino Bavas. The Arrow Bavas all include both versions.
Is there anything worthwhile about the AIP cuts? I saw their version of Black Sabbath and I much, much prefer the original cut, although the AIP one was interesting for having the exclusive Karloff segments and his actual voice. I might pick up the UK BD just for those little extra bits, but do any of the other films contain exclusive footage, or are they mostly just edited down with alternate music and whatnot?
"I can't forgive myself for having lied to you. I don't have a degree in biology. Never even finished high school. I haven't read more than two books in my whole life. One, never finished. And the other is the phone book."
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:16 AM   #23
Devilutionary Devilutionary is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2012
Virginia, USA
246
462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHurd View Post
for SAW, the title says "u.s directors cut". Which makes me think it's just the u.s cut release and for some reason it was cut for germany...what's different about it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #24
KenHurd KenHurd is online now
Senior Member
 
KenHurd's Avatar
 
May 2008
Birmingham, AL
1181
610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilutionary View Post
for SAW, the title says "u.s directors cut". Which makes me think it's just the u.s cut release and for some reason it was cut for germany...what's different about it?
The U.S. Director's Cut is the Uncut version. Germany released an "uncut version" themselves that differed from the U.S. uncut version. So when they released the U.S. version, they called it the U.S. Director's Cut.

Here is a comparison between the R-rated and Uncut versions: http://movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=2176

Here is a comparison between the the U.S. Director's Cut and the German Director's Cut: http://www.schnittberichte.com/report.php?ID=3728

Between the R-rated version and the Uncut version, there's only about 30 seconds difference, but the color is different in the uncut version. It's a bit darker and gives off a different atmosphere. The MPAA felt that the film was too disturbing and by changing the color correction to achieve an R rating, it made the film seem less violent. The Uncut version also includes different music. The R-rated cut has more rock songs in the background while the Uncut version features more score. The Uncut version was released in the U.S. on DVD in the special blood packaging. The Kinowelt Blu-ray also features a DTS-HDHR 7.1 audio track, which the U.S. release does not.


Update: Okay, after your response I decided to check out my copy of Saw. The Kinowelt Blu-ray has a runtime of 1:42:46. I never bought the original Lion's Gate release of Saw, but every review I've read has stated that it's the 100 minute theatrical cut. However, Saw 6 did include a Blu-ray of the original Saw as a second disc, so I checked that version, expecting it to be the exact Blu-ray that was previously released by Lion's Gate, but the Saw Blu-ray included with Saw 6 also has a runtime of 1:42:46, which is the director's cut. The easiest way for me to identify the director's cut of Saw vs. the theatrical cut is by the closing credits, and sure enough both Blu-rays I have played Zepp's Theme during the closing credits instead of Fear Factory's Song "Bite the Hand that Bleeds" which played during the closing credits of the theatrical cut.

Last edited by KenHurd; 04-04-2013 at 01:33 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #25
Lacrymosa Lacrymosa is online now
Expert Member
 
Lacrymosa's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Ontario
875
2
Default

Great stuff guys and gals! I have a number of arrow blu-ray's already but it's a good reminder to watch a couple of the ones that I haven't yet...yah I'm like that it's a problem.

I'm definitely going to have to check out the synapse release of Tenebre when that arrives, the Arrow version might be the company's worst looking Blu!

I forgot Grave Encounter's is also region free.

I'm going to have to make a list of what you guys have mentioned on the main post maybe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #26
bigdaddyhorse bigdaddyhorse is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
bigdaddyhorse's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
SE MI.
531
1149
3
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHurd View Post

Update: Okay, after your response I decided to check out my copy of Saw. The Kinowelt Blu-ray has a runtime of 1:42:46. I never bought the original Lion's Gate release of Saw, but every review I've read has stated that it's the 100 minute theatrical cut. However, Saw 6 did include a Blu-ray of the original Saw as a second disc, so I checked that version, expecting it to be the exact Blu-ray that was previously released by Lion's Gate, but the Saw Blu-ray included with Saw 6 also has a runtime of 1:42:46, which is the director's cut. The easiest way for me to identify the director's cut of Saw vs. the theatrical cut is by the closing credits, and sure enough both Blu-rays I have played Zepp's Theme during the closing credits instead of Fear Factory's Song "Bite the Hand that Bleeds" which played during the closing credits of the theatrical cut.
This is good news for me. I never got the original Saw bd either but have the freebie that came with 6, and it is the same as the first solo bd. I was doing a dvdprofiler audit or update and when I popped that disc in, it had the same disc ID as the first bd, so that means same content. The differences are so slight it's hard to tell which cut is which, but that's one more dvd I can now get rid of. My blood-pack dvd has dried up and is ugly now anyway.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #27
Devilutionary Devilutionary is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2012
Virginia, USA
246
462
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHurd View Post
The U.S. Director's Cut is the Uncut version. Germany released an "uncut version" themselves that differed from the U.S. uncut version. So when they released the U.S. version, they called it the U.S. Director's Cut.

Here is a comparison between the R-rated and Uncut versions: http://movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=2176

Here is a comparison between the the U.S. Director's Cut and the German Director's Cut: http://www.schnittberichte.com/report.php?ID=3728

Between the R-rated version and the Uncut version, there's only about 30 seconds difference, but the color is different in the uncut version. It's a bit darker and gives off a different atmosphere. The MPAA felt that the film was too disturbing and by changing the color correction to achieve an R rating, it made the film seem less violent. The Uncut version also includes different music. The R-rated cut has more rock songs in the background while the Uncut version features more score. The Uncut version was released in the U.S. on DVD in the special blood packaging. The Kinowelt Blu-ray also features a DTS-HDHR 7.1 audio track, which the U.S. release does not.


Update: Okay, after your response I decided to check out my copy of Saw. The Kinowelt Blu-ray has a runtime of 1:42:46. I never bought the original Lion's Gate release of Saw, but every review I've read has stated that it's the 100 minute theatrical cut. However, Saw 6 did include a Blu-ray of the original Saw as a second disc, so I checked that version, expecting it to be the exact Blu-ray that was previously released by Lion's Gate, but the Saw Blu-ray included with Saw 6 also has a runtime of 1:42:46, which is the director's cut. The easiest way for me to identify the director's cut of Saw vs. the theatrical cut is by the closing credits, and sure enough both Blu-rays I have played Zepp's Theme during the closing credits instead of Fear Factory's Song "Bite the Hand that Bleeds" which played during the closing credits of the theatrical cut.
HA! with this post you saved me 30 bucks. I have the freebie with Saw 6 as well, so according to you I have the uncut version ANYWAY. Correct?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #28
KenHurd KenHurd is online now
Senior Member
 
KenHurd's Avatar
 
May 2008
Birmingham, AL
1181
610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
This is good news for me. I never got the original Saw bd either but have the freebie that came with 6, and it is the same as the first solo bd. I was doing a dvdprofiler audit or update and when I popped that disc in, it had the same disc ID as the first bd, so that means same content. The differences are so slight it's hard to tell which cut is which, but that's one more dvd I can now get rid of. My blood-pack dvd has dried up and is ugly now anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilutionary View Post
HA! with this post you saved me 30 bucks. I have the freebie with Saw 6 as well, so according to you I have the uncut version ANYWAY. Correct?
Yes, apparently so. Now I'm interested to know what exactly is included on the original Lion's Gate release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #29
zbinks zbinks is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
zbinks's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Illinois
1027
556
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHurd View Post
The U.S. Director's Cut is the Uncut version. Germany released an "uncut version" themselves that differed from the U.S. uncut version. So when they released the U.S. version, they called it the U.S. Director's Cut.

Here is a comparison between the R-rated and Uncut versions: http://movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=2176

Here is a comparison between the the U.S. Director's Cut and the German Director's Cut: http://www.schnittberichte.com/report.php?ID=3728

Between the R-rated version and the Uncut version, there's only about 30 seconds difference, but the color is different in the uncut version. It's a bit darker and gives off a different atmosphere. The MPAA felt that the film was too disturbing and by changing the color correction to achieve an R rating, it made the film seem less violent. The Uncut version also includes different music. The R-rated cut has more rock songs in the background while the Uncut version features more score. The Uncut version was released in the U.S. on DVD in the special blood packaging. The Kinowelt Blu-ray also features a DTS-HDHR 7.1 audio track, which the U.S. release does not.


Update: Okay, after your response I decided to check out my copy of Saw. The Kinowelt Blu-ray has a runtime of 1:42:46. I never bought the original Lion's Gate release of Saw, but every review I've read has stated that it's the 100 minute theatrical cut. However, Saw 6 did include a Blu-ray of the original Saw as a second disc, so I checked that version, expecting it to be the exact Blu-ray that was previously released by Lion's Gate, but the Saw Blu-ray included with Saw 6 also has a runtime of 1:42:46, which is the director's cut. The easiest way for me to identify the director's cut of Saw vs. the theatrical cut is by the closing credits, and sure enough both Blu-rays I have played Zepp's Theme during the closing credits instead of Fear Factory's Song "Bite the Hand that Bleeds" which played during the closing credits of the theatrical cut.
The original Lionsgate disc is also 1:42:46.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #30
bigshot bigshot is offline
Power Member
 
bigshot's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
12
82
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James78 View Post
A member called Leslie Dame has confirmed that the German release plays in region A, which is the link I provided:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-In...Blu-ray/32858/
I have the German disk and the feature is region free, but some of the supplements are not.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #31
KenHurd KenHurd is online now
Senior Member
 
KenHurd's Avatar
 
May 2008
Birmingham, AL
1181
610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
The original Lionsgate disc is also 1:42:46.
So the original blu-ray release is the uncut version?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #32
jacobb1313 jacobb1313 is offline
Senior Member
 
jacobb1313's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
573
338
19
Default

The Guard Post: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Gu...-Blu-ray/2738/

I'll post when I think of more.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #33
zbinks zbinks is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
zbinks's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Illinois
1027
556
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHurd View Post
So the original blu-ray release is the uncut version?
Yes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #34
sxerunner sxerunner is offline
Special Member
 
sxerunner's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Lawrence, KS
902
51
2
11
Default

[REC] and [REC] 2 are available in a double pack from Canada. The quality is excellent!

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/REC-an...Blu-ray/24100/
100: An American Werewolf in London 200: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog 300: The Sandlot 400: Citizen Kane (Digibook) 500: Brazil (Criterion) 600: Iron Man 3 (3D) 700: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D) (Steelbook)

On and ever upward.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #35
Moe Szyslak Moe Szyslak is offline
Senior Member
 
Moe Szyslak's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
5
395
54
10
Default

An elaborate Saw box set is loooong overdue.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #36
Lacrymosa Lacrymosa is online now
Expert Member
 
Lacrymosa's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Ontario
875
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxerunner View Post
[REC] and [REC] 2 are available in a double pack from Canada. The quality is excellent!

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/REC-an...Blu-ray/24100/
Those are Region A my friend! REC 3 is also on blu-ray in Canada by the way, it also looks great (and I thought it was a good film, maybe it doesn't add anything to the series, but why not just be entertained?)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #37
Lacrymosa Lacrymosa is online now
Expert Member
 
Lacrymosa's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
Ontario
875
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobb1313 View Post
The Guard Post: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Gu...-Blu-ray/2738/

I'll post when I think of more.
Awesome man, this is the first on the list I have never heard of, will have to add that to my list of things to check out.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:48 PM.