Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mission: Impossible The 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Band of Brothers (Blu-ray)
$14.99
True Detective: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Only Yesterday (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Ranma Ĺ: Set 7 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ip Man Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Hateful Eight (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Angry Birds Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.50
The 'Burbs (Blu-ray)
$9.36
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.49
The Great Outdoors (Blu-ray)
$9.36
The Mark of Zorro (Blu-ray)
$18.00
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-22-2015, 07:04 PM   #821
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2008

I believe the Metalpak is just the film disc with a digital copy code.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:06 PM   #822
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Springfield, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibcrom View Post
Has anyone picked up the Metalpack from Target? Can anyone confirm if this version has special features or not?
Looks like the Target metalpack is just the movie only disc from the original two disc release. I'd say go for the regular two disc release over the metalpack.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #823

Nov 2010

Thanks for the confirmation, folks.
Old 05-16-2015, 01:42 AM   #824

Apr 2009
Madison, WI

Does anyone know if the standard release includes a digital copy or is that only in the target metalpack?
Old 05-16-2015, 02:28 AM   #825
Banned

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall835 View Post
Does anyone know if the standard release includes a digital copy or is that only in the target metalpack?
It might if you find it in the Walmart $7.88 bin.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:16 PM   #826

May 2015

Does anyone know what is unique about the Walmart exclusive edition? Is it two discs like the previous release?

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #827
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetony View Post
Does anyone know what is unique about the Walmart exclusive edition? Is it two discs like the previous release?

Thanks.
I believe "Instawatch" is bit that makes it a Walmart-exclusive. As for the disc count, I'd say it's probably two just like the general release since the Wal-Mart listing says it the following bonus features:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walmart listing
"The Future According to Steven Spielberg"; "Inside The World of Precrime"; "Phillip K. Dick, Steven Speilberg and 'Minority Report'"; "'Minority Report': Future Realized"; "'Minority Report': Props of the Future"; "Highlights From 'Minority Report': From the Set"; "'Minority Report': Commercials of the Future"; "Previz Sequences"; "From Story To Screen"; "Deconstructing 'Minority Report'"; "The Stunts Of 'Minority Report'"; "ILM and 'Minority Report'"; "Final Report"; "Production Concepts"; Storyboard Sequences; Trailers.
Forget The Evil Dead; what George Lucas has done to Star Wars since 1997 is truly "The Ultimate Experience in Grueling Terror".

Svenge's Neon Genesis Evangelion Home Video Compendium
My Blu-ray Collection | My DVD Collection | My Laserdisc Collection | My PS3 Collection
My gear: LG 32LN5300 (LED TV) | Sony CECH-4301C (PS3) | Pioneer CLD-D606 (LD)
Thanks given by:
thetony (11-21-2015)
Old 11-22-2015, 12:15 AM   #828

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenge View Post
I believe "Instawatch" is bit that makes it a Walmart-exclusive. As for the disc count, I'd say it's probably two just like the general release since the Wal-Mart listing says it the following bonus features:
Thanks. At 6.50 shipped (to store), I decided to replace my DVD. Funny thing is that they have the non-exclusive one for twice that.

Looking foward to seeing the BD!
Old 12-13-2015, 06:17 PM   #829

Jan 2010
Upstate NY

Great film a hidden gem in that is often over looked. I watch this once every couple of months.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:53 PM   #830
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartmark View Post
Great film a hidden gem in that is often over looked. I watch this once every couple of months.
It is a great film, but I couldn't watch it that many times, once every 2-3 years does me.
"It's too bad she won't live.. But then again who does."
"You cannot love a dream."
Old 12-14-2015, 01:46 PM   #831
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech-UK View Post
It is a great film, but I couldn't watch it that many times, once every 2-3 years does me.
Same here mainly due to its depressive nature. 1-2 a year is perfect for me just to see the great effects and Von Sydow's performance.
Thanks given by:
Tech-UK (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 04:29 PM   #832
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

If the movie ended at the moment he is staring down the suspected killer of his son with his finger on the trigger it would be one of my favorite movies of all time and I would watch annually. Since it goes on for 30 or so lame minutes after that I ain't as much in love as I should be.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #833
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
If the movie ended at the moment he is staring down the suspected killer of his son with his finger on the trigger it would be one of my favorite movies of all time and I would watch annually. Since it goes on for 30 or so lame minutes after that I ain't as much in love as I should be.
If the movie ended the way you wanted it to I would have been pissed. What a terrible ending that would have been.
Does it kill you to use a question mark when asking a question? -- O V N
Old 12-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #834
Special Member

Sep 2011
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
If the movie ended the way you wanted it to I would have been pissed. What a terrible ending that would have been.
I also like ambiguity so would welcome an ending like that. I also would love if Saving Private Ryan had no bookends and A.I. ended where it CLEARLY should have, but that's maybe the one thing I'd fault Spielberg for. Otherwise, he's probably the best popular genre director of all time.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:27 PM   #835
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
What, your Blu-ray player doesn't have an off switch?
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:28 PM   #836
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydood View Post
I also like ambiguity so would welcome an ending like that. I also would love if Saving Private Ryan had no bookends and A.I. ended where it CLEARLY should have, but that's maybe the one thing I'd fault Spielberg for. Otherwise, he's probably the best popular genre director of all time.
I agree about the bookends on SPR, and I saw an interview with Spielberg where he seemed to basically agree to some extent, but he said there was no way the film would have connected with a mass audience without the bookends, he said he got huge amounts of positive comments about the bookends from regular moviegoers.

As for AI, I thought it should have ended
[Show spoiler]underwater at the ferris wheel
too the first time I saw it, but the actual ending really is profoundly
[Show spoiler]dark and tragic and fitting
, and it's the way Kubrick planned it, as the official making-of book makes clear:

http://www.amazon.com/A-I-Artificial.../dp/0500514895
Old 12-14-2015, 10:33 PM   #837
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013

Quote:
The movie should have ended with him being lowered into the prison. That would have been an awesome ending. Precrime lives on and Anderton goes to prison. Would have been great. Spielberg just can't stop himself from going on too long and getting sentimental.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:43 PM   #838
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jack View Post
The movie should have ended with him being lowered into the prison. That would have been an awesome ending. Precrime lives on and Anderton goes to prison. Would have been great. Spielberg just can't stop himself from going on too long and getting sentimental.
I would have accepted that too, but I would prefer the ambiguity of leaving it to the audience to decide if he pulls the trigger or not. Either way I hate the final act as it is, really ruins an otherwise perfect movie for me.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:57 PM   #839
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013

Quote:
I would have accepted that too, but I would prefer the ambiguity of leaving it to the audience to decide if he pulls the trigger or not. Either way I hate the final act as it is, really ruins an otherwise perfect movie for me.
I always turn the movie off after Anderton is lowered I to his cell. That whole last 15 mins does not exist in this dojo.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:11 AM   #840
Expert Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jack View Post
sappy ending aside, spielberg hasn't been this dark since IMO.. not even war of the worlds
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America