COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Ong Bak Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$31.26
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Herzog: The Collection (Blu-ray)
$139.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Protector 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old Today, 04:44 AM   #1301
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Eagle 74 View Post
I feel so fortunate to have seen The Abyss back then. I haven't had the chance to see the HBO/Cinemax versions here recently, so my experience in 1989 is still the best I've ever seen the movie. I've been waiting 25 years to see it in its proper glory again.
You still remember exactly how it looked in the theater?
Home Theater Setup: Blu-ray player and a TV.
Old Today, 05:16 AM   #1302

Mar 2013

By the time that Cameron turns his attention back to THE ABYSS, physical media will have become a thing of the past.

Cameron has no interest in THE ABYSS or TRUE LIES for that matter, it seems to me.

As for AVATAR, I found it to be as "innovational" as the old Spyro The Dragon video games I played back in the 1990's.
Old Today, 12:50 PM   #1303
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagazzell View Post
True. Just sad that he can't take a day or two out of his schedule to sign off on, or whatever he has to do, for a couple of his past classics. (If that's truly what the holdup is.)
True, but I remember Van Ling saying something like one reel of T2 (when they were preparing the ultimate edition DVD, I think) needed dozens of corrective decisions from his Lord and Master, let alone the whole movie. I guess that the remastered TV broadcasts of Abyss probably wouldn't have appeared in the wild without his say-so, but even so: Cameron's very protective of his 'brand' and he's always wielded a lot of power as a filmmaker, so home video releases aren't something he does on a whim. (The ancient but still-in-print non-anamorphic DVDs of True Lies and Abyss are testament to that, although T2's had more releases than I've had hot dinners so maybe he doesn't have it all his own way?)

He's a perfectionist, so when he's in the middle of prepping a big project (whether it be going to the bottom of the ocean or three Avatar sequels) he hasn't got the time to go through these new video releases with a fine toothcomb. It was the same during the hiatus between Titanic and Avatar, but thankfully he had enough time after the release of the latter to actually approve a few things, like the remasters of Titanic, Terminator and Aliens. Now we're just waiting for another gap in his schedule so he can get around to Abyss and True Lies.

Last edited by Geoff D; Today at 12:54 PM.
Old Today, 01:07 PM   #1304
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultlife2013 View Post
You still remember exactly how it looked in the theater?
Haahaaa good question.

"Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted."
-Memento

While at work today, draw what you think your front door looks like. Something you see every day. Then, bring your drawing home and compare it... and see how off ya were.

Memory can't always be trusted.
Thanks given by:
ultlife2013 (Today)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists