Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
DC Starter Pack (Blu-ray)
$46.49
London Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Supergirl: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Arrow: The Complete Seasons 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$51.99
The Wolf Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$28.85
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Flash: The Complete First Season w/ Figurine (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$58.89
Ghostbusters 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Star Trek Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 03-01-2016, 07:04 AM   #241
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

I've had the German discs for years, there are other versions besides the Korean discs that are better than the German versions IMO.

I'm not convinced that these will make their way on to 4K physical media. There are plenty of movies on Blu-ray that won't.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (multi-region), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony ultimate remote + hub
Old 03-01-2016, 07:11 AM   #242
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Second movie yeah probably but not many discs of the first movie have lossless audio, german, korean and no other?
Old 03-01-2016, 08:03 AM   #243
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

I wasn't referring to the audio, just the video of both movies.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (multi-region), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony ultimate remote + hub
Old 03-01-2016, 11:32 AM   #244
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

I understand. My info was more of an answer to earlier "What's the video/audio quality?" that only a few discs of the first movie have lossless audio which is more important to me than a little higher video bitrate but that depends on your equipment.

If I really really liked the movie the korean boxset is absolutely best but as a good enough less expensive solution there are other choices.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:37 PM   #245
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
The UK and Korean versions of Tomb Raider have the same video encode, so both should be listed as best PQ on Goofnut's list. The Korean version also has lossless audio, so this make it the overall superior version.

The Korean and European versions of Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, have a higher video bitrate to the U.S version (if the bitrate against the U.S entry on this site is accurate).

This is where I ordered my copy from:

http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goo...good_seq=20692

Unless one release has a lossy track compared to another with a lossless track, has a different audio mix over another, or there is an error in a titles audio track, then in reality nothing should be marked as best AQ on that list.
I had the German double-feature and got rid of it after I got the UK version. The DE disc looked horrible, black crush was so bad that in some cases you had floating heads. It was so bad that I believe I gave up the beheading scene on the German disc. Again, I haven't seen these in a long time, but I believe that scene is an extra on the UK disc (the cover says Uncut, but I think - again, crap memory - that scene was expunged in all other versions).

So, two questions: is that scene in the Korean version and what's with the "booklets"? Are they like comics on thin, dull paper or like class booklets with thicker, glossy paper? Content? Thanks for all your help, now if I could only figure out where to come up with an extra $50.
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:07 PM   #246

Nov 2009
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslan View Post
I understand. My info was more of an answer to earlier "What's the video/audio quality?" that only a few discs of the first movie have lossless audio which is more important to me than a little higher video bitrate but that depends on your equipment.

If I really really liked the movie the korean boxset is absolutely best but as a good enough less expensive solution there are other choices.
I sure hope the video/audio quality is improved on the South Korean release the blu ray that was first released by paramount is a embarrassment!
Film is SUBJECTIVE their is no right or wrong, facts or truths if you don't understand that art and film is not for you and to the ignore list you go!
Old 03-03-2016, 11:37 PM   #247
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
I had the German double-feature and got rid of it after I got the UK version. The DE disc looked horrible, black crush was so bad that in some cases you had floating heads. It was so bad that I believe I gave up the beheading scene on the German disc. Again, I haven't seen these in a long time, but I believe that scene is an extra on the UK disc (the cover says Uncut, but I think - again, crap memory - that scene was expunged in all other versions).

So, two questions: is that scene in the Korean version and what's with the "booklets"? Are they like comics on thin, dull paper or like class booklets with thicker, glossy paper? Content? Thanks for all your help, now if I could only figure out where to come up with an extra $50.
Are you referring to the scene where Powell beheads Wilson? I don't recall that scene been added into the DE disc, though it has been ages since I have given the disc a spin, so I may have just forgotten. The running time of the Korean disc is the same as the UK disc.

I'll post some photos of the Korean set for you later. The booklets are good quality, they are mostly full of images, with a small amount of text in Korean.
Setup:
Thanks given by:
Early Memphis (03-04-2016)
Old 03-04-2016, 03:01 AM   #248
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Are you referring to the scene where Powell beheads Wilson? I don't recall that scene been added into the DE disc, though it has been ages since I have given the disc a spin, so I may have just forgotten. The running time of the Korean disc is the same as the UK disc.

I'll post some photos of the Korean set for you later. The booklets are good quality, they are mostly full of images, with a small amount of text in Korean.
Thanks. I don't have the German disc anymore. But, as it's an extra scene on the UK disc, and I remember that I gave it up because the UK disc was SO much better looking, it presumably "must" have been "in" the German version I had (the double feature) or I wouldn't recall "giving it up".
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:35 AM   #249

Nov 2009
Illinois

I ordered my copy of this set from kimchidvd a day ago so hopefully I get this soon, even though I had to pay $65 after shipping I just couldn't pass up this breathtaking set
Film is SUBJECTIVE their is no right or wrong, facts or truths if you don't understand that art and film is not for you and to the ignore list you go!
Old 03-05-2016, 12:54 PM   #250
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia
Default Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Blu-ray Reviews & Discussion

Quote:
Thanks. I don't have the German disc anymore. But, as it's an extra scene on the UK disc, and I remember that I gave it up because the UK disc was SO much better looking, it presumably "must" have been "in" the German version I had (the double feature) or I wouldn't recall "giving it up".

Here are some pics of the Korean version of Tomb Raider as promised:

I'll post some of Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life tomorrow. I can do an individual shot of the booklet too if this isn't enough.
Setup:
Thanks given by:
brando79az (03-08-2016), Early Memphis (03-05-2016), KMFDMvsEnya (03-07-2016), MattFini (03-07-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 03:11 PM   #251
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
[Show spoiler]

I'll post some of Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life tomorrow. I can do an individual shot of the booklet too if this isn't enough.
Wow! Great pix, Cevolution. Thank you very much! I'll be happy to see any other pix you want to post.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:43 AM   #252

Nov 2009
Illinois

Quote:
Wow! Great pix, Cevolution. Thank you very much! I'll be happy to see any other pix you want to post.
My set just shipped out from kimchidvd maybe with some luck I'll get this by the end of this week I doubt it probably some time next week, I am so looking forward to getting this BEAUTIFUL set in the mail
Old 03-07-2016, 10:38 AM   #253
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Cevolution: have you or someone else bitrates/bdinfo on those Korean discs? Would be interesting how they compare. I'm pondering if I want/need to upgrade with that premium price.. I'm not that into boxes/packaging but best uncut PQ/AQ and english subs.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:03 AM   #254
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Sorry for the delay with The Cradle of Life photos, I'll post them either in the next hour or two, or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslan View Post
Cevolution: have you or someone else bitrates/bdinfo on those Korean discs? Would be interesting how they compare. I'm pondering if I want/need to upgrade with that premium price.. I'm not that into boxes/packaging but best uncut PQ/AQ and english subs.
I posted a link to the BDinfo scans/bitrates in post 235 on the previous page.

The Korean version of Tomb Raider has the same video encode as the UK disc, with the addition of lossless audio. Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life has the same video and lossless audio bitrates as the Euro disc.
Setup:
Old 03-07-2016, 04:31 PM   #255
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014
T.A.R.D.I.S.

Whatever happened to the "OLIVIA WILDE FOR THE NEXT TOMB RAIDER" demands?

She was great in Drinking Buddies, but don't really recall her doing too much recently.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #256

Jan 2012
Central MA

Quote:

[Show spoiler]

This set looks GORGEOUS. I couldn't resist it either. Even though I only really like the second movie, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #257
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Here are the photos from the Korean Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life:

Setup:
Thanks given by:
Early Memphis (03-08-2016), MattFini (03-08-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America