Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Sherlock: The Complete Seasons 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$136.29
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Van Damme 5-Movie Action Pack (Blu-ray)
$45.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Strike Witches: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$35.81
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.93
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
My Darling Clementine (Blu-ray)
$25.75
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 05-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #401

Oct 2012
Inside Club Silencio

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayisnice View Post

A) Historically incorrect
[Show spoiler]Current Americans are the European settlers of back then. Germans are Europeans too. Europeans, including Germans, were not known for their soft feelings towards slaves. Germans used to, how do I say this as nice as possible... Uhm... feel superior towards other people. That didn't stop in the 19th century, it was just on the rise with the creation of Germany as we know it now (Germany used to be a lot of smaller states, I believe Prusia was the largest one). And this continued till the end of World War 2.

^^The above might be a little bit too serious, but I, a person who is interested in history (especially WW2), appreciate historically correct movies. There are a few exceptions though, like the WW2 classic 'The Battle of the Bulge'.

Stereotypical much ?

Quote:

B) Rap music
This is a Western. No rap music please. Big turn off.
This is not a typical Western movie, Tarantino has indicated that in his interviews. It's a little bit of everything.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #402

Jan 2011
England

Can't believe it, but I still haven't got my pre-order from amazon.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #403

Apr 2012
Milton Keynes, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof Tiger View Post
Received mine here in Aus, shipped on 22/5 if that helps.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #404

Jul 2008
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof Tiger View Post

Mine says it was dispatched on the 20th....still haven't got it 10 days later
This is nearly as bad as Hmv used to be.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #405
Special Member

Oct 2012
Amazon Price Drop

13.49 @ Amazon UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Django-Uncha.../dp/B00BEGK356
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." - Master Shifu
Old 06-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #406
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Just watched this movie for the first time.

I enjoyed the movie, but there are a few things that I didn't like. I will point everything out below.

A) Historically incorrect
[Show spoiler]Current Americans are the European settlers of back then. Germans are Europeans too. Europeans, including Germans, were not known for their soft feelings towards slaves. Germans used to, how do I say this as nice as possible... Uhm... feel superior towards other people. That didn't stop in the 19th century, it was just on the rise with the creation of Germany as we know it now (Germany used to be a lot of smaller states, I believe Prusia was the largest one). And this continued till the end of World War 2.

^^The above might be a little bit too serious, but I, a person who is interested in history (especially WW2), appreciate historically correct movies. There are a few exceptions though, like the WW2 classic 'The Battle of the Bulge'.

B) Rap music
This is a Western. No rap music please. Big turn off.

C) A little bit over-the-top
I know it is a Tarantino movie, and I expected a lot of violence - which I like - but some scenes were just unrealistic, like the shootout at the Big House (Candyland). I enjoyed it though .

D) Incorrect character
I am not sure, but I think the Django in this movie is based on the classic spaghetti Western 'Django' (Franco Nero). That is maybe one of the reasons Tarantino chose to use the original 'Django' theme for 'Django Unchained'. The original Django was some kind of a hero. He didn't kill innocent people. Tarantino's Django killed a lot of innocent people - or his actions lead to the dead of a lot of innocent people. This made me dislike Django - the aim does not always justify the means.

E) Scenes cut?
I am not sure about this either, but Leo's hand was suddenly bleeding. I read something about him cutting his hand (for real) while filming, but I didn't see that scene. I was looking forward to the moment he cut his hand, but I, unfortunately, missed that part.

-------
Conclusion:

Entertaining movie. Very good acting. It is a Tarantino movie, so the script was, as always, very good and entertaining. There were a few things that could have been done better as mentioned above, but this is definitely another brilliant Tarantino movie. Definitely a must watch!

Rating:
8 / 10
I havent seen Django yet but your first two points (especially the rap music) are definitely putting me off blind-buying this one. I didnt like Inglourious half as much as some people did (not a buy for me) and the trailers I saw of Django with the rap music just made me do this

Im a big Tarantino fan...or I was anyway. His films seem to be going downhill for me. And I love Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and Kill Bill.
Leo needs new shoes...
Old 06-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #407

Jan 2013
Crawley, UK

I swear the blu-ray email just told me this was now down to 13 from Amazon...
[B]Twitter/LGrima
Steelbook Wish List: DEATH PROOF
Old 06-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #408

Mar 2013
Wiltshire, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGrima View Post
I swear the blu-ray email just told me this was now down to 13 from Amazon...
Gone back up to 18~, that was cheeky of them...
Preorders;
BR:Hobbit: DoS Ext. Edition - X-Men DOFP
Xbox One: GTA V - Assassins Creed Unity - Far Cry 4

Xbox One hit me up McBobadila
Old 06-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #409

Dec 2012

What is the contact adress from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment UK ?
Old 07-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #410

Jan 2013

Is it just me, or do the edges of the spine scratch really easily on this release. i like touched it and my spine scratched. Not noticible luckily, but i was still annoyed.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #411
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
I havent seen Django yet but your first two points (especially the rap music) are definitely putting me off blind-buying this one. I didnt like Inglourious half as much as some people did (not a buy for me) and the trailers I saw of Django with the rap music just made me do this

Im a big Tarantino fan...or I was anyway. His films seem to be going downhill for me. And I love Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and Kill Bill.
Got round to watching it and.....just like Inglourious in a way - starts great and goes downhill from there.

All I could think was Kill Bill meets Blazing Saddles. Its got its moments (great performance from Christoph Waltz again) but I wont be buying it. And the rap music...

About half an hour too long as well.
Leo needs new shoes...
Old 07-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #412
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Is this hard to get now as my local HMV has one copy? I hadn't seen it on the shelves for a long time so wasn't sure if they were few and far between.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #413

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Is this hard to get now as my local HMV has one copy? I hadn't seen it on the shelves for a long time so wasn't sure if they were few and far between.
Not that rare to be honest...still see the odd copy in Cex stores and my local HMV still have a few when I last checked.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #414
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Worcester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by amen View Post
Not that rare to be honest...still see the odd copy in Cex stores and my local HMV still have a few when I last checked.
OK thanks, I wasn't sure. Just in case anyone was still keen to bag a copy I thought it worth mentioning.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Tags
django unchained, steelbook