Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
I, Robot 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Say
$29.99
The Assassins (Blu-ray)
$6.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #561
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
I woulnd't fret any. I think Best Buy.com still has their original individual season sets of the Blu-rays on sale for $19.99. Before MGM released the individual Blu-ray season sets of Stargate Atlantis, Best Buy received a limited exclusive on the season sets before they went mass market and I think they are still selling the separate season sets for $19.99.

I just checked as I was typing, Best Buy does still have those season sets on sale for $19.99, but be sure you are selecting the $19.99 season sets. Best Buy has their exclusive sets as well as the mass market. I don't know why as they both contain the same content but Best Buy isn't known for differentiating their merchandise.
What I found hilarious is that Best Buy has the Stargate Atlantis classified as "Horror" instead of "Science Fiction". lols
Oh, nobody was criticizing you about your national language. Most of us here usually get the English language edition of these releases. I think it's absolutely cool that you speak more than one language.
Do the BB ones have Spanish subs? I ask because BB.com gives no sub info at all and those same looking covers are on sale (cheaper) on Amazon right now (only Eng subs listed). Sometimes BBs "exclusives" are just a different covers for a limited time. If, as you say, "they both contain the same content" ... well, as you know, his problem is just the Spanish subs, so ...
Old 07-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #562
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
Do the BB ones have Spanish subs? I ask because BB.com gives no sub info at all and those same looking covers are on sale (cheaper) on Amazon right now (only Eng subs listed). Sometimes BBs "exclusives" are just a different covers for a limited time. If, as you say, "they both contain the same content" ... well, as you know, his problem is just the Spanish subs, so ...
The individual releases use the same discs as the Box Set.

BBY only had an exclusive window on the individual releases before other retailers but the packaging is the same; no special packaging.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #563
Suspended

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

I also noticed that Amazon has the same sets on sale for between $15-20 for each season set on Blu-ray. It's just odd that the season sets don't come with any other languages other than English audio and English subtitles. I wonder why MGM was that shortsighted because usually studios include French and Spanish subtitlles.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:43 AM   #564
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
I also noticed that Amazon has the same sets on sale for between $15-20 for each season set on Blu-ray. It's just odd that the season sets don't come with any other languages other than English audio and English subtitles. I wonder why MGM was that shortsighted because usually studios include French and Spanish subtitlles.
Yeah, have they not looked at modern US demographics alone? To say nothing of Canada & Mexico?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:19 AM   #565
Suspended

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

I'm just shocked that they neglected to include those optional subtitles. English audio with English subtitles? lols
Old 12-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #566

Jun 2013

Really considering blind-buying this at the price it's sitting at right now (incl. the $5 discount it's equal to the cheapest it's ever been). Worth the blind buy?
Old 12-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #567
Power Member

Feb 2013
Tracy Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijustblumyself View Post
Really considering blind-buying this at the price it's sitting at right now (incl. the $5 discount it's equal to the cheapest it's ever been). Worth the blind buy?
Yes!!!! My personal fav!

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Starga.../23182/#Review
"'Cause I'll rise again"
"There's slow, slow train coming up around the bend"
"to hell with the devil"
(1-0) Hawks Pacers (0-1) 'NBA'
Tigers (9-6) 'MLB'
White Sox vs Tigers

><(((:>

Last edited by hagios; 12-08-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #568
Expert Member

Dec 2012
Louisville, KY

Very tempting price point for this. Not sure when I'd ever get to watching it all though if I grab it.
Film is life.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #569

Jun 2013

Going to take the plunge.

I'm already backed up with unwatched TV shows on blu, but one more won't hurt, just means I have more to watch.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America