Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
The Bamboo Saucer (Blu-ray)
$18.95
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
I, Robot 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$106.34

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: What Did You Think of 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (Rate After You See It)
One Star 4 0.73%
Two Stars 7 1.28%
Three Stars 30 5.50%
Four Stars 201 36.88%
Five Stars 303 55.60%
Voters: 545. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2014, 09:51 AM   #3381
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
Well I knew Nick Fury
[Show spoiler]wasn't dead no matter what happened in the movie cause Samuel L Jackson signed a 9 picture deal with Marvel
He doesn't necessarily have to be in those movies though if they decide not to use him. It's more of making sure to secure him for that long if needed.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #3382
Power Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Well I knew Nick Fury
[Show spoiler]wasn't dead no matter what happened in the movie cause Samuel L Jackson signed a 9 picture deal with Marvel
And he's going to
[Show spoiler]hold MARVEL to that contract!

Lol.

Gear:
Monitor Audio RS 6's 6.1
Definitive Technology Super Cube 1
Oppo BDP-103
Oppo Dv-981
Pioneer ELITE VSX-92
Panamax M 5400-EX
SAMSUNG 8500
Old 04-21-2014, 04:08 PM   #3383

Apr 2009
Irvine, CA

I saw it for the second time yesterday since I caught the Thursday opening night screening and I have to say, it truly does get better with the second viewing.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #3384
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Rio Rancho, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphopdrunky View Post
I saw it for the second time yesterday since I caught the Thursday opening night screening and I have to say, it truly does get better with the second viewing.
...here I've yet to see it LOL!! Glad you like it!
PSN: SirMontyPython

"I fart in your general direction..."
Old 04-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #3385
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Well I knew Nick Fury
Good point. I was under the impress when I heard that Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a game changer and for that reason that you mentioned of. But, Then once I saw the movie I realized it was being called game changer for a different reason.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #3386

Jun 2011
www.StatikSilence.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
I didn't think Evans would pull it off (based on his prior film work and character roles), but the guy can act!
You should check out the film "Sunshine" I never viewed Evans the same way again. He def. can act. He also was fantastic in the film "The Iceman"
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #3387
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja 101 View Post
You should check out the film "Sunshine" I never viewed Evans the same way again. He def. can act. He also was fantastic in the film "The Iceman"
He's great in those, and 'Puncture' as well, which is a very little known film he did a few years ago. He can really act. I'm glad to see people see it now too.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 04-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #3388
Blu-ray Knight

May 2010
NYC

Evans is good in the upcoming Snowpiercer, I'd recommend it!

Last edited by Tony208; 04-21-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:29 PM   #3389
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
AZ

I have been a big fan of Evans since Sunshine and the first Fantastic Four movie.
His interpretation of Johnny is fantastic (no pun), and he has been very good in the CA movies as well imo. Been wanting to check Puncture out.

I know that Push isn't very popular, but I liked the movie, and it's definitely one where Evans (and Dakota Fanning to some extent) lift the entire movie imo.

edit: Snowpierecer .. wow. How did I not know about this? Post Apocalyptic with Chris Evans, Tilda Swinton, Ed Harris and John Hurt. Will definitely check it out

Time is the School in Which We Learn
Time is the Fire in Which We Burn

Delmore Schwartz (1913-1966)

Last edited by Elandyll; 04-21-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #3390
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
I have been a big fan of Evans since Sunshine and the first Fantastic Four movie.
His interpretation of Johnny is fantastic (no pun), and he has been very good in the CA movies as well imo. Been wanting to check Puncture out.

I know that Push isn't very popular, but I liked the movie, and it's definitely one where Evans (and Dakota Fanning to some extent) lift the entire movie imo.

edit: Snowpierecer .. wow. How did I not know about this? Post Apocalyptic with Chris Evans, Tilda Swinton, Ed Harris and John Hurt. Will definitely check it out
I'm with you, I think Evans does a great job as Cap, but his Human Torch was dead on. I can't see anyone doing a better portrayal. I also really enjoyed Push, and The Losers. I liked his cameo in Scott Pilgrim as well, he has good range and isn't above having goofy fun with a character.

to be honest though I would have preferred the FF movies be done better and he had stayed as Storm. Just because him and Michael C did such great versions of Thing and Torch that they shouldn't have been punished for lack luster scripts.

still, can't complain because I am a big fan of both Cap movies. My favorites after Avengers.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #3391
Power Member

Dec 2010
Miami Lakes, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderbri View Post
I'm with you, I think Evans does a great job as Cap, but his Human Torch was dead on. I can't see anyone doing a better portrayal. I also really enjoyed Push, and The Losers. I liked his cameo in Scott Pilgrim as well, he has good range and isn't above having goofy fun with a character.

to be honest though I would have preferred the FF movies be done better and he had stayed as Storm. Just because him and Michael C did such great versions of Thing and Torch that they shouldn't have been punished for lack luster scripts.

still, can't complain because I am a big fan of both Cap movies. My favorites after Avengers.
"You really think you can stand a chance against an A-lister bro?"
"He's scraping at the door. Scraping at the door!"

15 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) The Empire Strikes Back 4) Pulp Fiction 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Jurassic Park 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Goodfellas 12) Star Wars 13) Jaws 14) Shaun of the Dead 15) Taxi Driver

My Letterboxd
Old 04-21-2014, 10:19 PM   #3392
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Zombie View Post
"You really think you can stand a chance against an A-lister bro?"
"Hahaha, that's actually hilarious"
Old Yesterday, 12:47 AM   #3393
Power Member

Feb 2008
Cincinnati
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post

Yeah, who knew that Jake Wyler, the "human banana split" jock from 'Not Another Teen Movie' would someday become Captain America? Probably the same people that knew Ian, the "bra on the head to make a girl" d-bag from 'Weird Science' would someday become Iron Man.

I'm not knocking the choices as I am a fan of both. I'm just surprised where these two came from before their respective roles.
HT consists of: Polk Monitor 70 Series II(2), Polk CS2, Polk OWM3 (4), PSA XV15 (2).
Sony KDS 60A3000, Oppo-BDP93, Onkyo TX-SR805, PS3, XBox360, Harmony One remote.
Old Yesterday, 12:58 AM   #3394
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
Southwest, USA PSN: Sponge-worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
Maybe because they were both there where that took place ?
Winter Soldier implied that
[Show spoiler]Zola immediately got to work treating Bucky's traumatic amputation and so forth as soon as the Hydras/Nazis came upon him after his fall. However, Zola was captured and interrogated at that point. Presumably he also would have been transferred to different holding facilities and awaited some unknown fate for the duration of WWII until he was eventually recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D. and could begin rebuilding Hydra.

It just seemed like he would have needed to be in two places at once for his actions/purported actions in both films to transpire as they appear to.
"Fortunately we have a product for people who wish to access their personal media, its called PlayStation 3."
Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM   #3395
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Marietta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge-worthy View Post
[Show spoiler]Zola immediately got to work treating Bucky's traumatic amputation and so forth as soon as the Hydras/Nazis came upon him after his fall. However, Zola was captured and interrogated at that point. Presumably he also would have been transferred to different holding facilities and awaited some unknown fate for the duration of WWII until he was eventually recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D. and could begin rebuilding Hydra.

It just seemed like he would have needed to be in two places at once for his actions/purported actions in both films to transpire as they appear to.
That's true.
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM   #3396
Power Member

Sep 2010
London, UK

Saw this recently, arguably the best film in the MCU.
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM   #3397

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge-worthy View Post

I thought
[Show spoiler] the scene in the movie of Zola treating Bucky are from his initial capture by the Nazi forces and not from after his fall from the train. He's supposed to be found by Russians, not Nazis, after the fall, and they are the ones that turn him into the Winter Soldier. The Russian file folder at the end of the movie shows a picture of Bucky looking frozen just like Cap in the first movie, implying he was found that way by Russia.
Old Today, 06:55 AM   #3398

Feb 2010
Manchester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_gun View Post
I thought
[Show spoiler] the scene in the movie of Zola treating Bucky are from his initial capture by the Nazi forces and not from after his fall from the train. He's supposed to be found by Russians, not Nazis, after the fall, and they are the ones that turn him into the Winter Soldier. The Russian file folder at the end of the movie shows a picture of Bucky looking frozen just like Cap in the first movie, implying he was found that way by Russia.
[Show spoiler]Seeing Zola retrieve Bucky i thought he was probably not found right away after he fell so it wasnt a shock seeing Zola.
i like the fact the time/date he was found wasn't confirmed, would so slowed down the flow of that scene and leaves it open to such conversations.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies