Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Prime: The World's End / Hot Fuzz / S… $11.99 (85% claimed)
Prime: Jurassic Park Collection 4K (2… $34.99 (13% claimed)
Prime: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle 4K $12.74 (79% claimed)
Prime: The Great Wall 4K $11.99 (37% claimed)
Prime: Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete… $13.99 (32% claimed)
Prime: I, Tonya $9.99 (3 hours left)
Prime: Game of Thrones: Seasons 1-7 $74.99 (31 hours left)
Prime: Girls Trip ()
Prime: Samurai Champloo: Anime Classi… ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$99.99
15 hrs ago
Rick and Morty: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
15 hrs ago
The Shape of Water (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
Call Me by Your Name (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.85
13 hrs ago
Justice League (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Outlander: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$9.99
17 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
Ferdinand (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Despicable Me 3 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
13 hrs ago
I Kill Giants (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 12-18-2017, 06:47 PM   #1
Expert Member

Dec 2010
India/Bollywood [Feedback Thread] Feedback, Issues or Complaint faced when purchasing DVD, BD, UHD

[Feedback Thread] Feedback, Issues or Complaint faced when purchasing DVD, BD, UHD

Hi,

I could not find a similar thread about providing feedback or issues faced or complaints thread, when people buy DVD, Blu Ray or Ultra HD 4K titles from different vendors.

Maybe if people could share the feedbacks about product or vendor, others can be a bit cautious about the same.

Please share your feedback about vendors or products (Home Media)

Thanks
Old 12-21-2017, 07:09 AM   #2

Sep 2017
Hyderabad, TG, IN

Hi,

I just wanted to check if adding the details of the bad (and untouched) made-at-home transfers of Hollywood movies be relevant (in this thread)?

For example, Arrival has a full screen Pan & Scan Presentation causing image loss on the sides. Many such transfers exist: there's John Wick 2, La La Land, etc.

We could potentially discuss censorship and pop-up disclaimers too, like in American Hustle and Bridge of Spies.

At the same time, few movies are equivalent to UK imports: like Secret Life of Pets, ParaNorman, Jason Bourne, Minions, etc. where the discs carry the logo "Fact", which I believe is a UK company.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:46 AM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

@kiri222: I'm sure such indications would be a useful warning to forum members here, so please discuss them.
I'm actually shocked to hear that even Hollywood movie blu-rays in India are being subjected to image cropping, I thought that was only a "feature" of vintage Indian movies, even new Indian movies released on BD at least use the original AR, though they may be lacking in other departments.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:21 AM   #4

Sep 2017
Hyderabad, TG, IN

Exactly! I was annoyed with the pan and scan on DVDs itself. It is sad to see that it has made the jump to Blu-ray too. However, there was Open Matte on few DVDs occasionally, but you can't really say without checking.

I'm sure about Arrival's Indian BD as I've seen it. And about La La Land and John Wick 2, Amazon reviews suggest that they're cropped. It would be great if anybody who has these discs could confirm it.

I'll try to add in the details related to as many discs as possible during the upcoming long weekends. I hope that it would help at least a few people to make an informed purchase.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:01 PM   #5
Special Member

Mar 2014

Helpful thread indeed..

Just a caution - if you're buying releases of Powerhouse films (UK) from their webstore , beware that they will send the orders now only through FedEx [priority express carrier] which means you need to bear that 28% customs +FedEx handling fee . My first order was dispatched through Royal Mail but order made during their anniversary sale prompted me to pay this import fee because of FedEx.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:13 PM   #6
Expert Member

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefLeppard View Post
Helpful thread indeed..

Just a caution - if you're buying releases of Powerhouse films (UK) from their webstore , beware that they will send the orders now only through FedEx [priority express carrier] which means you need to bear that 28% customs +FedEx handling fee . My first order was dispatched through Royal Mail but order made during their anniversary sale prompted me to pay this import fee because of FedEx.
Similar situation from Amazon UK, Import Duties + GST + DHL or other courier service charges made me stop ordering from Amazon. I now prefer Ebay.in Global Easy Buy or Infibeam.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:18 PM   #7

Sep 2017
Hyderabad, TG, IN

I just watched Source Code, released by Reliance. Being a short film, it was burned onto BD25s and released. The video looked good to me, the average bitrate being close to 30 Mbps. So, I am guessing it's the same transfer as the US release, barring the special features. A Hindi audio track is included too. You may want to avoid this release if you don't want to miss out on the extras.
Thanks given by:
ketan (12-27-2017)
Old 12-24-2017, 01:42 AM   #8

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivnedungadi View Post
Similar situation from Amazon UK, Import Duties + GST + DHL or other courier service charges made me stop ordering from Amazon. I now prefer Ebay.in Global Easy Buy or Infibeam.
This is actually not completely true. Out of my last eight orders four have been shipped through Royal Mail and four through DHL . Its bit of a spin of the wheel I guess what you end p with . To be fair to Amazon, they have been extremely courteous and immediately refunded the DHL charges plus the duties.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:21 AM   #9
Expert Member

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Dent View Post
This is actually not completely true. Out of my last eight orders four have been shipped through Royal Mail and four through DHL . Its bit of a spin of the wheel I guess what you end p with . To be fair to Amazon, they have been extremely courteous and immediately refunded the DHL charges plus the duties.
My last 3 orders were shipped through DHL and I canceled an order after it was shipped and accepted 2 if it and paid DHL and took a refund for the charges. I don't want to take a chance again and take refunds as they might end up blocking my account.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #10
Expert Member

Dec 2010

I recently ordered Raman Raghav 2.0 Blu Ray from Reliance through Amazon. I received the blu ray but when I opened the pack, I found that it had a VCD in a BD cover. I requested a return for the product with a replacement. Amazon shipped the item first and asked to return the item back to the person who delivers the replacement. I liked this method because earlier, they took the item first and then after they received it, they used to ship the replacement and it used to take a week, but now, with Prime, I got the replacement in less than 2 days.
Thanks given by:
akbombay (04-04-2018), ketan (12-27-2017)
Old 03-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #11
Expert Member

Dec 2010

Sony India goof up with the initial lot of Thor Ragnarok Ultra HD 4k set. They seem to have included Thor Dark World 3D disc instead of the Ragnarok one. Returned it and bought from a different seller at Amazon India and same issue.
Download UHD 4K | BD|DVD Databases 2017-2018

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/xl2q...ases_2017-2018
Old 03-15-2018, 08:39 PM   #12
Expert Member

Dec 2010

I ordered two titles, Patriots day and hacksaw ridge on Ultra HD Blu Ray from Amazon UK. The order was placed on 3rd March and they charged me on the same day. However they charged me again yesterday (15th March) while it was being dispatched. Amazon says that the first charge will be refunded as per bank policy as the amount was only blocked to be paid. I am in a fix and now have to contact the bank, this is getting a ridiculous.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:21 PM   #13
Special Member

Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivnedungadi View Post
I ordered two titles, Patriots day and hacksaw ridge on Ultra HD Blu Ray from Amazon UK. The order was placed on 3rd March and they charged me on the same day. However they charged me again yesterday (15th March) while it was being dispatched. Amazon says that the first charge will be refunded as per bank policy as the amount was only blocked to be paid. I am in a fix and now have to contact the bank, this is getting a ridiculous.
If you've a paid via credit card ,ask them the settlement verification code (six digit code) upon which you can have the authorization amount unlocked once shared with bank quoating the transaction details (amount,order date,merchant name etc) ; this normally takes 3-4 days but for debit card ,wait could be little longer as 7-10 working days . But chill ,its Amazon and above all ,you can always raise a dispute at card provider bank.So your money is safe - I can assure you that as I havent had any issues with such instances in the past .

It will be a recurring issue when I cancel my order to which payment is already taken (as happened in the past) as unlocking authorization amount generally takes 2 weeks max on its own as per bank's policy/without settlement verification code .
Old 03-16-2018, 02:02 AM   #14
Expert Member

Dec 2010

Quote:
If you've a paid via credit card ,ask them the settlement verification code (six digit code) upon which you can have the authorization amount unlocked once shared with bank quoating the transaction details (amount,order date,merchant name etc) ; this normally takes 3-4 days but for debit card ,wait could be little longer as 7-10 working days . But chill ,its Amazon and above all ,you can always raise a dispute at card provider bank.So your money is safe - I can assure you that as I havent had any issues with such instances in the past .

It will be a recurring issue when I cancel my order to which payment is already taken (as happened in the past) as unlocking authorization amount generally takes 2 weeks max on its own as per bank's policy/without settlement verification code .
Awesome, thanks, that's a relief. I have the code and will check with the bank.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #15

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiri222 View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to check if adding the details of the bad (and untouched) made-at-home transfers of Hollywood movies be relevant (in this thread)?

For example, Arrival has a full screen Pan & Scan Presentation causing image loss on the sides. Many such transfers exist: there's John Wick 2, La La Land, etc.

We could potentially discuss censorship and pop-up disclaimers too, like in American Hustle and Bridge of Spies.

At the same time, few movies are equivalent to UK imports: like Secret Life of Pets, ParaNorman, Jason Bourne, Minions, etc. where the discs carry the logo "Fact", which I believe is a UK company.
If it is the same FACT that I am aware of, this is the Federation Against Copyright Theft- this institution has been around since the VHS days, it was big back then, because hardly any of the desi video shops had any original cassettes
Thanks given by:
kiri222 (03-21-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 07:18 AM   #16

Sep 2017
Hyderabad, TG, IN

Hi, I just wanted to check if anybody who bought the Indian version of Justice League, distributed by Excel, actually got the Atmos audio on the disc as advertised.

I got the 2-disc digibook edition and the 3D disc had 5.1 DTS-HD MA, which is the case elsewhere, but the 2D disc had a 7.1 Dobly Digital Plus track with a constant bitrate of 1.5 Mbps which was actually labelled as Dolby Atmos in the menu. I'm guessing they compromised the quality of the primary audio track (secondary one being the 5.1 DTS MA) to include regional audio tracks, but I want to check if that's the case with everyone.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:12 PM   #17
Expert Member

Dec 2010

Quote:

I finally got this resolved and refunded after fighting with the Amazon and Bank guys for two weeks.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:00 PM   #18
Expert Member

Dec 2010
Default Beware of Seller KavaRumi on Amazon.in

Beware of Seller KavaRumi on Amazon.in

I ordered "The Spirit Blu-ray - Exclusive SteelBook / Limited Edition / Blu-ray - Region Free" from the above seller at Amazon. There were no details or back covers but I knew that it was imported, therefore placed the order for the Steelbook as they were giving it at Rs.970/-

I received it yesterday and found that its a German Edition. Everything on the cover is in German and so is everything inside.

The DVD is a region that does not play in India and the Digital Code Expired in 2010.

It was nowhere mentioned that its a German Edition.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:45 AM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

^For what it's worth I just ran a search on this site and the German steelbook is the ONLY steelbook release for this film, so while the seller would have done better to put the item information, it cannot be described as a case of you being cheated by the seller because it's not that he has promised another edition and supplied something else. The "DVD" only contains a digital copy of the film, it's not playable AFAIK on DVD players. The blu-ray is region free, has English audio and subtitle tracks, so not sure if you have much cause for complaint here. And you got it cheap, since the price on Amz DE is 20 Euros (nearly 1600 rupees)

This is really more a case of your not doing the proper research. That way, some of the people selling/trading blu-rays on this forum do so because they are going for upgraded transfers or their current releases have flaws/deficiencies. It is up to the buyer to do the proper research before they buy a compromised release.

Last edited by ravenus; 04-04-2018 at 05:51 AM.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:48 PM   #20
Expert Member

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
^For what it's worth I just ran a search on this site and the German steelbook is the ONLY steelbook release for this film, so while the seller would have done better to put the item information, it cannot be described as a case of you being cheated by the seller because it's not that he has promised another edition and supplied something else. The "DVD" only contains a digital copy of the film, it's not playable AFAIK on DVD players. The blu-ray is region free, has English audio and subtitle tracks, so not sure if you have much cause for complaint here. And you got it cheap, since the price on Amz DE is 20 Euros (nearly 1600 rupees)

This is really more a case of your not doing the proper research. That way, some of the people selling/trading blu-rays on this forum do so because they are going for upgraded transfers or their current releases have flaws/deficiencies. It is up to the buyer to do the proper research before they buy a compromised release.

I never said I was cheated. I said "beware of this seller", just alerting people before they buy from this seller.

The packing has the tag that says its German but I came to know about it after getting the same in my hands. The seller has to provide more information on the site. I should not have to go and research and spend time on this. Other sellars do provide all information properly for the imported products, then why can't this seller do that.

I have raised a concern with Amazon about this and they were not very helpful.

Also, instead of showing out of stock, they have deleted the listing, this makes me more suspicious.

Last edited by rajivnedungadi; 04-04-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India