COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Three Colors Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Qatsi Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Elvis: That's the Way It Is (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Shame (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Essential Jacques Demy (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Jumanji (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$18.96
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Weekend (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Thalía: Viva Tour (Blu-ray)
$13.48
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray)
$74.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: Oblivion -- Which version are you buying?
Standard BD/DVD combo pack 43 10.62%
Best Buy BD/DVD with Bonus Disc 81 20.00%
Target BD/DVD with alternate slipcover and booklet 103 25.43%
Walmart BD/DVD with metal case 158 39.01%
Non-USA version 45 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #1861
Power Member

Jun 2007
Singapore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb999 View Post
I blind bought this at Best Buy a few weeks ago for 12.99 and finally got around to seeing it last night. Very good movie that I now wish I had seen in theaters. Stunning visuals. The movie is just gorgeous to look at.
Likewise, I regretted not watching this in Dolby Atmos. :-(
Old 01-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #1862
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmEntertainment View Post
Not sure if you know but Best Buy had their own bonus disc exclusive with more bonus features.
I can't find this anywhere. BB doesn't sell it anymore and it's not on eBay either. Searching for it there led me to the Target exclusive (with the book). I tried Target.com and they said it's a store item and in stock locally - but when I got to the store I was given the regular version, which was all they had. Apparently, Target has given the two-disc and the exclusive book version the same #!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #1863
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->87 SteelBooks™--------->117 UV-------->246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Memphis View Post
I can't find this anywhere. BB doesn't sell it anymore and it's not on eBay either. Searching for it there led me to the Target exclusive (with the book). I tried Target.com and they said it's a store item and in stock locally - but when I got to the store I was given the regular version, which was all they had. Apparently, Target has given the two-disc and the exclusive book version the same #!
I bought it release week and the bonus disc was thrown inside a paper sleeve within the case. I sold the DVD of the movie and put the bonus disc in the empty spot. I think it was the same price as the standard edition in other stores too.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:10 PM   #1864
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
I bought it release week and the bonus disc was thrown inside a paper sleeve within the case. I sold the DVD of the movie and put the bonus disc in the empty spot. I think it was the same price as the standard edition in other stores too.
Good deal! I think I missed that there was a bonus disc for this 'cause I usually go for those. And I really thought that, at least, I as gonna get the bonus book - but it turns out my Target never even got any. C'est la vie!
Old 02-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #1865

Jan 2014
Lipari, Aeolian Islands, Italy
Italy

Quote:
Obviously not you, because you're too sharp - except your first sentence is as wrong as your opinion. Proof-check ("both Moon and Wall-E are better sci-fi than Moon") much?

Why can't you and all the other critics live with the fact that 1) some people actually like both Oblivion & Moon, 2) Oblivion isn't the work of a moron, it's only seen that way by a few , and 3) this is the Moon thread, if you have to, why don't all of you Oblivion haters go where you belong, or at least over to the Oblivion thread to cry & ***** - or have you already worn out your welcome there?
That's the problem: you don't need to be sharp to notice these things, you only need to know about 2001 (not necessarily having seen 2001, just knowing about it from the countless parodies and shout outs does the trick) at least in Wall-E they put the HAL eye in a couple of positive character to throw you off, but here those drones just scream "WAKE UP WE ARE THE BAD GUY YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT UNTIL HALF-WAY INTO THE MOVIE!!!"
Old 02-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #1866
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det. Bullock View Post
That's the problem: you don't need to be sharp to notice these things, you only need to know about 2001 (not necessarily having seen 2001, just knowing about it from the countless parodies and shout outs does the trick) at least in Wall-E they put the HAL eye in a couple of positive character to throw you off, but here those drones just scream "WAKE UP WE ARE THE BAD GUY YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT UNTIL HALF-WAY INTO THE MOVIE!!!"
Maybe he wasn't trying to "fool" anyone? I'll keep an "eye" out for it next time, but I liked it.
You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #1867

Feb 2011

Quote:
best sci-fi film for me of 2013 along with Prometheus.
Definitely the same league, unfortunately very far from anything which i consider to be "best".
Just a bag of copy/paste from everything. Soulless, bland, boring and predictable. I knew the ending half way the movie, they tried to fool me,
[Show spoiler]but it was just a bluff, you know, the one with Freeman being there at the end instead of Olga (I dont even remember character names)
so it ended the exact way I thought it would.

Waste of time if you ask me.

Quote:
[Show spoiler]
At the end when we see Jack walking with the Scavs where he left his wife he has the "52" on his suit which was the other "Jack" he ran into in the "radiation" zone. I knew he said some things at the end that I'll rewatch but am I correct that the original Jack that we first met in the movie went up to the TET and that was indeed his "clone" at the end?
Sherlock Holmes isn't really needed to figure it out...

Last edited by Gieferg; 02-16-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #1868

Jan 2014
Lipari, Aeolian Islands, Italy
Italy

Quote:
Maybe he wasn't trying to "fool" anyone? I'll keep an "eye" out for it next time, but I liked it.
Well the lack of suspence made me feel that way, either way it's not a point in favour of the writing.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #1869

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebaz View Post
OK, I have to admit it, I was wrong. I tried the disc in my older Sony player and the track plays fine, in Dolby TrueHD. Unfortunately I bought the player over two weeks ago at Best Buy so it's too late to exchange it.
I'm experiencing the exact same issue with the isolated soundtrack on my Sony BDP-S790 and Sony BDP-BX510 (rebadged BDP-S5100), so it's not just your player.

The isolated sountrack plays perfectly via bitstream on my Pioneer BDP-320, Panasonic BDT-310 and LG BD590, so I believe this may be an issue with the recent set of players from Sony. I also have an older Sony BDP-S1000es, but it's boxed up and I just didn't feel like bringing it out just to test, but based on your comments on the 370 it will probably work fine. Hopefully Sony will address the issue with a firmware update for the newer players.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:57 AM   #1870
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Connecticut

Question something I've been wondering

[Show spoiler] So when they go up to the tet when did Jack switch out the pods?

Why did Tech 42 stop when going to tech 52's ship then turns back to look at him before getting in?

In what I assume is tech 42's tower why do we hear Victoria's voice but she is not at the console? Is this a recording or what?
Got my first Blu-ray on September 28th 2011!
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
Old 02-25-2014, 04:05 AM   #1871
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCL View Post
Question something I've been wondering

[Show spoiler] So when they go up to the tet when did Jack switch out the pods?

Why did Tech 42 stop when going to tech 52's ship then turns back to look at him before getting in?

In what I assume is tech 42's tower why do we hear Victoria's voice but she is not at the console? Is this a recording or what?
Why do you say Victoria was "not at the console"?
[Show spoiler]Wouldn't there be more than one Victoria, just like there was more than one Jack?

Old 02-25-2014, 04:06 AM   #1872
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Connecticut

Quote:
Why do you say Victoria was "not at the console"?
[Show spoiler]Wouldn't there be more than one Victoria, just like there was more than one Jack?
Well I'm saying they focused on the tower 49 remember that she laid down the earpiece and walked away
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
Old 05-29-2014, 03:35 AM   #1873
Special Member

Jan 2012

Such an amazing film. I wish I could re-watch again in IMAX (Only saw it once in IMAX). Top 5 of 2013.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:20 PM   #1874

Apr 2014
Charleston, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Quote:
Good deal! I think I missed that there was a bonus disc for this 'cause I usually go for those. And I really thought that, at least, I as gonna get the bonus book - but it turns out my Target never even got any. C'est la vie!
Price dropped to $12 on Amazon so I decided to pick it up. Opened the case and to my surprise I had the 3 disc version with the extra bonus DVD...... which BTW looked phenomenal for SD when upscaled ........ nice disc of extras on the movie.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:53 AM   #1875
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Price dropped to $12 on Amazon so I decided to pick it up. Opened the case and to my surprise I had the 3 disc version with the extra bonus DVD...... which BTW looked phenomenal for SD when upscaled ........ nice disc of extras on the movie.
Can you link to the version you bought?

Old 08-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #1876

Mar 2012
South Italy

Bidding on the Target Exclusive lenticular.

This is gonna be an expesnive blind-buy. Damn you Tom Cruise and your effortless charisma.
Faster than a bullet from a gun. Closer to Heaven than to Earth.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #1877

Sep 2009
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionist View Post
Bidding on the Target Exclusive lenticular.

This is gonna be an expesnive blind-buy. Damn you Tom Cruise and your effortless charisma.
Will definitely be worth it. One of the best sci-fi movies in years and has a KILLER soundtrack!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:51 PM   #1878
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Connecticut

I have the soundtrack on my Ipod I think it's time to watch this movie again :P

I'm a little bias as this is the first movie I watched on my new projector setup
100 Blu-ray's on 2/10/13

PS4 tag= Subaru1324
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America