Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Dracula 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Minions 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.48

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.50

Jurassic Park Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.92

Thunder and the House of Magic (Blu-ray)
$8.43

Fascination Coral Reef 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.64

National Parks Adventure 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.89

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.92

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 11-21-2014, 07:34 AM   #401
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
When we first see Beowulf on the ship in the ocean, the rain is pouring down, the waves crashing, combined with strong 3D, that was memorable in 3D.

This is the style of animated movie I wish there were a lot more of in 3D theaters; made for older audiences and not primarily families.

Beowulf 3D: Theatrical Run in 2007
Budget $150 million
Box office $196,393,745 worldwide

So it didn't do that well considering its budget. The motion capture technology probably absorbed a lot of the budget money.

The extras on this disc? Excellent. Surprising they fit this many extras on a single 3D blu ray disc and still end up with a great looking presentation of the movie in 3D.
I'm glad this movie was made as it paved the way for other mo cap movies along with mo cap being used more in live action. Speilberg's Tintin movie is one of my alltime favourites, superb film. We wouldn't have had without Beowulf or Polar Express probably.
"Still in all, every night we does the tell, so that we 'member who we was and where we came from... but most of all we 'members the man that finded us, him that came the salvage. And we lights the city, not just for him, but for all of them that are still out there. 'Cause we knows there come a night, when they sees the distant light, and they'll be comin' home."
Old 11-22-2014, 02:22 AM   #402
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Good point Levcore. After Mars Needs Moms 3D, it looks like Zemekis had his share of CGI animated film making from what I could research quickly about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Zemeckis
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 12-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #403
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

I watched this the other day and I have to say to see the dragon fight / flight scene ... and in 3D (which I hadn't seen since it's initial IMAX-3D presentatio) was flat out fantastic!
Old 12-10-2014, 07:00 PM   #404
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
I watched this the other day and I have to say to see the dragon fight / flight scene ... and in 3D (which I hadn't seen since it's initial IMAX-3D presentatio) was flat out fantastic!
Agreed. My memory from 2007's 3D theatrical viewing was very positive, so I'm glad the 3D held up really well after all those years. While there are some mild 3D shots, the strong 3D and awesome and plentiful pop outs more than outweigh them.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 12-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #405
Expert Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movielovr88 View Post
I just purchased beowulf 3d and Maleficent 3d from Germany Amazon...they're expected to arrive on the 27th : )

Region A compatible, by any chance (there's no designation in the listing)? And any idea what "NF" denotes, regarding the English language track?

How's it look?

Last edited by AllOuttaBubbleGum; 12-16-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:00 AM   #406
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Long Island, NY, USA ; I enjoy watching 3D blu-rays; 41 Blufans steels so far

I ordered the 3D BD of Beowulf from amazon Italy. It plays (region free) on my USA Panasonic 310 3D BD player. My only complaint is seeing Ray Winstone's hairy buns flying through the air in the rafters. His tube steak and backside were visible in glorious widescreen 3D (UGH ----> ).
[Show spoiler]Angelina Jolie's (golden) boobs are spectacular. I was so mesmerized that I didn't realize she was THE DEMON mama.

Last edited by nycomet; 12-17-2014 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:45 AM   #407
Expert Member

Jun 2013

Got the German edition; happy to confirm it plays fine on my Region A player, even loading English menus.

Very nice 3D; the added dimension greatly enhances the atmosphere. Robust English soundtrack, beautiful image. I've never seen the unrated cut, but I looked over some of the relatively minor differences and I have to wonder whether they're worth swearing off this high performance 3D title. It's been a while since I've seen the theatrical, but I was almost shocked at how heavy hitting a PG-13 this is, especially in 3D.

Glad Warner Bros. provided a way around the lack of distribution here in poor ol' under-served USA...

Last edited by AllOuttaBubbleGum; 01-11-2015 at 09:59 PM.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (01-11-2015)
Old 01-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #408
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

There's already a thread about the foreign releases: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=245543
Old 01-31-2015, 03:22 AM   #409
Power Member

Oct 2007

Anybody order this from Amazon.de in the States? My order was supposed to show up a couple days ago but hasn't. There is Zero tracking info on it. Wondering how long I should wait before telling them I didn't get it. Amazon.de looks pretty tricky to tell them that too. For some reason it's harder to use then Amazon.jp for me.
Old 01-31-2015, 04:43 AM   #410
Special Member

Oct 2013
Southern California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cplhicks View Post
Anybody order this from Amazon.de in the States? My order was supposed to show up a couple days ago but hasn't. There is Zero tracking info on it. Wondering how long I should wait before telling them I didn't get it. Amazon.de looks pretty tricky to tell them that too. For some reason it's harder to use then Amazon.jp for me.
I had a similar experience. I waited 4 weeks for my order. It never came. I contacted amazon.de. They said wait 2 more weeks. It still didn't come. So they re-sent the order, with a tracking number. Part of my original missing order arrived 2 weeks after that. So it took 8 weeks to arrive to my doorstep. Ridiculous.

From now on, I no longer order anything from Amazon.de without a tracking number. That means paying as much for shipping as I pay for an individual blu-ray. Which really doesn't make any sense unless I'm ordering a whole bunch of discs.
Thanks given by:
Cplhicks (02-01-2015)
Old 01-31-2015, 09:11 PM   #411
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

The import customs process must be understaffed or something, as that alone takes a long time I'd guess. It's possible it's sitting waiting to be checked, then shipped off by USPS.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:03 AM   #412
Expert Member

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgen View Post
I had a similar experience. I waited 4 weeks for my order. It never came. I contacted amazon.de. They said wait 2 more weeks. It still didn't come. So they re-sent the order, with a tracking number. Part of my original missing order arrived 2 weeks after that. So it took 8 weeks to arrive to my doorstep. Ridiculous.

From now on, I no longer order anything from Amazon.de without a tracking number. That means paying as much for shipping as I pay for an individual blu-ray. Which really doesn't make any sense unless I'm ordering a whole bunch of discs.
I had the EXACT experience. The fist shipment never arrived and the second had tracking. I much prefer Amazon UK as it is usually only takes a week when imported to the US.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #413
Power Member

Oct 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgen View Post

Thanks. Yippee, another fun international shopping experience after the trauma I had from Korea recently. How did you contact them about the problem? Seems hard to find a place to report that you never got it. Did you write to them in English and get a response in English?
Old 06-18-2015, 01:41 AM   #414

Sep 2008

Also late to the game here... finally giving up on a US release.
So is the director's cut/unrated edition available in 3D at all, or is that exclusive to 2D across the board? I have the unrated version in 2D on HD-DVD and Blu-ray, and have really wanted to see the movie in 3D again (saw it in the theater). I'll buy it either way, but will I have to choose between 3D and the unrated version when I watch?

Just wanted to be sure in case ordering one country's version of it is beneficial in any way.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:35 AM   #415
Power Member

Jul 2013

After getting a 3D TV earlier this year, I did a Netflix 30-day trial (which I canceled later).

Since it's not available in the US, streaming Beowulf 3D in Netflix was better than nothing.

I like the movie and would probably get this and Polar Express if the price was right.

In fact, that would make a nice 2-pack bundle.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:57 AM   #416
Special Member

Oct 2013
Southern California, USA

The Director's Cut is not available in 3-D. Only the theatrical version is.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:43 PM   #417
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2014
Southeast U.S.

Amazon lists the Director's Cut as 115 minutes. The Italian 3D version is listed at 114 minutes.

Is it just a one-minute difference? What are the changes?

EDIT: I let my fingers do the typing. Here are the differences.

Last edited by bud_brigman; 06-18-2015 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Answered my own question
Old 02-28-2016, 04:14 AM   #418
Expert Member

Jun 2014
St. Peters, MO

Has anyone ordered this from Amazon.fr? 20 Euros seems reasonable (i think) and it claims to be all regions.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:41 PM   #419
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon1281 View Post
Has anyone ordered this from Amazon.fr? 20 Euros seems reasonable (i think) and it claims to be all regions.
Yes. I paid €20.89 to Amazon.fr on October 6, 2014.

EAN 5-051889-459484 and FYI: The country of registration for that # is the United Kingdom.

La Legende De Beowulf 3D is verified region free.
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

Last edited by Paul H; 02-28-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:00 PM   #420
Expert Member

Jun 2014
St. Peters, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
Yes. I paid €20.89 to Amazon.fr on October 6, 2014.

EAN 5-051889-459484 and FYI: The country of registration for that # is the United Kingdom.

La Legende De Beowulf 3D is verified region free.
Great. It looks like Netflix has dropped it so I can't go the streaming route. My players habitually tell me I don't have enough bandwidth for the 3D movies anyway. Thanks for replying.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies