Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Lawrence of Arabia (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.95
Singin' in the Rain (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Mad Max (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$37.21
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation: Complete Series + OVA LE (Blu-ray)
$40.29
Song of the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.95
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 04-23-2015, 04:34 AM   #3861
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray O. Blu View Post
Watched Nature aka "Enchanted Kingdom" again for Earth Day.

[Show spoiler]Attachment 114188

It's a shame this wasn't made more widely available so that more people could enjoy it.
This is still the ultimate 3D demo disc that I've seen so far.
May have to get this one

Thanks Ray O. Blu
My mancave:

Displays - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590
Game system - Sony PS3 320GB
Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd)
Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)
Thanks given by:
Ray O. Blu (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 02:11 PM   #3862
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
The £كا
Thumbs up Enter the Enchanted Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taygan315 View Post
May have to get this one

Thanks Ray O. Blu
You won't be disappointed Taygan. It's jaw-dropping good.
The Japanese release is about $50, but it comes with 3 Blu-rays.
A 3D, 2D, and bonus 2D disc.
The 2D disc of the main feature has a really good "making of" that details the 2 1/2 years they spent making this.
They used a half million dollar 3D camera rig to shoot this and it shows.
The picture quality is like Baraka, the audio is Dolby Atmos (or Dolby True HD 7.1), and the 3D immersion is as good, or better, than the best IMAX 3D has to offer.
Thanks given by:
Taygan315 (04-24-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 03:36 PM   #3863

May 2008

Watched the Darkest Hour which is on sale at Best Buy for $4.99 this week.

Movie: 1/5
3d: 2/5

It seemed like a 3d conversion to me and the 3d wasn't consistent. I'm glad I only paid $5. I'll probably never watch it again and it isn't demo worthy material.

Watched Wreck it Ralph

Movie: 4.5/5
3d: 4.5/5

It's been a while since I watched this one. The story kept me interested even though I knew the outcome. The 3d was pretty good and my guests loved it.
Thanks given by:
BlueRayLifer (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 04:09 PM   #3864

Jun 2012
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRayLifer View Post

I won a retractable screen with remote on ebay last night. I realize I'm not liking the one I bought with the stand + I always have to adjust it + it's blocking my dang windows.
It's here! Will hang it this weekend.
Acer H5380BD DLP projector. 100 inch Screen(NEW Ebay Electric Motorized Projector Screen is Coming...). Active Glasses.
Thanks given by:
dazed2012 (04-23-2015), Taygan315 (04-24-2015), vega2K (04-23-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #3865
Expert Member

Mar 2012
England
United Kingdom

Watched

The 3D was fine.
My Top 10 Films of All Time
1. Jurassic Park 2. Ghostbusters 3. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan 4. Star Trek: First Contact 5. Jaws 6. Toy Story 7. Fantasia 8. Army of Darkness 9. Batman - 1989 10. Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Old 04-24-2015, 12:37 PM   #3866

Dec 2014
SE Mass, USA, Earth

Last night:

Second time I've seen the film. First time was 2D. I LOVE THIS MOVIE! The way it weaves history into the whole thing is IMHO really fun. I also thought the performances and cinematography were very good.

The 3D was probably the most extreme that I have seen so far. Lots of things in the foreground and background. Little floaters of dust out of the screen, and plenty of depth, and good 3D in the action scenes. I thought a few of the pop-outs were a little too soft focuus/blurry. Not sure if that was intentional to keep the eye on the real scene subject or what.

Still, if you are a fan of 3D and action films with "silly" fighting, you will love this move. at least I did.
Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
Thanks given by:
nycomet (Yesterday), Paul H (04-24-2015), Taygan315 (04-25-2015), tqhoang (04-25-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 03:10 PM   #3867
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Last night:

Second time I've seen the film. First time was 2D. I LOVE THIS MOVIE! The way it weaves history into the whole thing is IMHO really fun. I also thought the performances and cinematography were very good.

The 3D was probably the most extreme that I have seen so far. Lots of things in the foreground and background. Little floaters of dust out of the screen, and plenty of depth, and good 3D in the action scenes. I thought a few of the pop-outs were a little too soft focuus/blurry. Not sure if that was intentional to keep the eye on the real scene subject or what.

Still, if you are a fan of 3D and action films with "silly" fighting, you will love this move. at least I did.
Agree!

This was an early 2012 conversion and the 3D is a very good example for the industry how 3D can be converted effectively.

Per the Director Timur Bekmambetov:
Quote:
We are shooting in 2D with—we made a lot of experiments and we understood how to do it. If you plan ahead, if you know what you’re doing then it even helps you to create the convergency. We’re using convergency not as a technical—not as a technique just to create 3D movies, but as a film language element because with the—when you are doing it in post you can change the world. You can use it as a tool to break the rules of the world.
Source
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

Last edited by Paul H; Today at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:14 PM   #3868

Dec 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Last night:

I love this movie so much! I am just so glad that people do too!
Thanks given by:
Taygan315 (04-25-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 04:16 PM   #3869

Dec 2014
SE Mass, USA, Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by huythuong710 View Post
I am a little embarrassed to admit how much I enjoyed it.
Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
Thanks given by:
Karl78 (04-25-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 08:33 PM   #3870

Jun 2012
NYC

I have that Vamp 3D movie in the cart for awhile waiting for a good deal. Got the used A Christmas Carol 3D what a beauty of a lent cover, whoa.
Acer H5380BD DLP projector. 100 inch Screen(NEW Ebay Electric Motorized Projector Screen is Coming...). Active Glasses.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:56 PM   #3871
Special Member

Jun 2011
Orlando, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by huythuong710 View Post
I'm another one that likes The Vampire Hunter, watched 3 times in all.

Watched last night.

watching later for the first time.

Wants: The Italian Job slipcover.
Old Yesterday, 03:42 AM   #3872

Jun 2014

Who doesn't like Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter?!

Just watched R.I.P.D. and wasn't really wowed by the 3D but it came in a 3-pack with 47 Ronin (which I really like) and Immortals, dirt cheap. Thanks again UK!
Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM   #3873
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

Watched Sammy's Adventures The Secret Passage

Nwave KNOWS how to do a STUNNING AND STRONG 3D presentation. Just like Sammy 2 and House Of Magic, this one has very strong depth and dimension to it. Great foreground placement. Few pop outs that were also very nice and effective. Pixar and Dreamworks could learn a thing or two from Nwave and how to do a very strong, immersive, and effective 3D presentation. Look forward to watching African Nature by Nwave (maybe tomorrow night). Hope Nwave are working on their next 3D movie soon so that we 3D fans can enjoy their FANTASITC 3D presentations.
My mancave:

Displays - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590
Game system - Sony PS3 320GB
Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd)
Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)
Thanks given by:
DB5 (Today), nycomet (Yesterday), tqhoang (Today), Zippy56 (Today)
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #3874
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010

Stalingrad
Movie 4.5/5
3D 4.5/5

I LOATHE war films and I have left this one sitting on the shelf for ages, but I finally pulled it out and threw it on and really loved it. The setup of the story is a little dodgy and it isn't a 'big' war film about the battle of Stalingrad, but a character study of a small number of soldiers on both sides of the battle. I found it really moving and it is a really beautiful looking film.

Tadeo Jones
Movie 2.5/5
3D 2.5/5

Movie was meh/ok and the 3D was very patchy. Great one shot and then next a shot they didn't even bother rendering in 3D. Not wort watching IMHO.

Smurfs 2
Movie 3/5
3D 4/5

Movie was a carbon copy of the first film to the point I actually felt like I was watching the first film. Good 3D but if you have the first one there is really no point getting this one.

Last edited by Impossible; Yesterday at 06:32 PM.
Thanks given by:
Taygan315 (Today)
Old Today, 02:52 AM   #3875
Special Member

Jun 2011
Orlando, Fl

Watched:

It may be just me but I don't find the 3D very strong in this movie, certainly not as strong as Oz TGAP, love the movie though and Angelina Jolie looks great in in her role.

Wants: The Italian Job slipcover.
Thanks given by:
Paul H (Today), Taygan315 (Today)
Old Today, 02:03 PM   #3876

Feb 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB5 View Post
Watched:

It may be just me but I don't find the 3D very strong in this movie, certainly not as strong as Oz TGAP, love the movie though and Angelina Jolie looks great in in her role.

It's not just you. Maleficent is easily the weakest Disney 3D release that I've seen.

OZ The Great And Powerful was shot in 3D, so that would be why it looks a lot stronger than Maleficent - Maleficent is a conversion so the only real 3D it features (if any) is limited to some of the CGI. If that had been rendered Pacific Rim-style that might have been something, but Disney don't lke spectacular 3D so it's just meh.
Thanks given by:
DB5 (Today), Paul H (Today)
Old Today, 02:48 PM   #3877

Dec 2014
Southeast U.S.

My wife and I *finally* watched Jack the Giant Slayer. She actually liked the movie--as did I--and I thought the 3D was pretty good.
Thanks given by:
Paul H (Today)
Old Today, 02:58 PM   #3878
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB5 View Post
Watched:

...............don't find the 3D very strong in this movie, certainly not as strong as Oz TGAP, love the movie though and Angelina Jolie looks great in in her role.

Prime Focus supervised Maleficent's 2D shoots on-set for a natural depth sculpting 3D conversion. There were three separate conversion houses providing stereo briefs for every shot to ensure consistency. Didn't help the mostly mild results. Best stereo shots IMO, were the CGI special effects in the swamp scenes.
Oz TGPs native 3D shoot is a superior 3D category.
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

Last edited by Paul H; Today at 03:02 PM.
Thanks given by:
bud_brigman (Today), DB5 (Today)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies