Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 5-8 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Faculty (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 10-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #541

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Its interesting but back a few years when Dolby True HD and DTS-HD-MA first arrived a few months apart there were receivers that only offered one type of lossless audio support just as these first Atmos capable AVR's.

Then of course you have people kinda hesitant to leap too early, and so a Poll was asked concerning this latest audio technology push.

Is Now Too Soon to Upgrade to Dolby Atmos?
  • I'm taking a wait-and-see approach for at least another year or more. (49%, 169 Votes)
  • I'm not interested in new sound formats anyway. I'm happy with what I have now. (23%, 78 Votes)
  • I was planning an upgrade, but now I may postpone it. (13%, 46 Votes)
  • I'm planning an upgrade soon and still intend to go through with it. (9%, 31 Votes)
  • I've already upgraded to Atmos and I have no regrets. (4%, 15 Votes)
  • I've already upgraded, but now I wish I'd waited. (2%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 342

I find the lack of interest or hesitation to be quite evident.
True - I'm on the hesitant side myself - waiting for PC support.
Klipsch Cornwall L/R, Klipsch Heresy center, Definitive Technology BP2's (x4) rear, Wharfedale sw380 Subs (x2), SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2-8 inch transmission line Subs (rear), Yamaha power Amps mx830 (x2), Adcom 5503 3 channel power amp, Behringer EP4000 Power amp, BD HTPC, Xonar Essence ST/H6 modified Burson Supreme Discreet Opamps, Da-lite 16:9 106" Screen, BenQ 3D Projector, LG 55 inch LED TV.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:53 PM   #542

Aug 2014
Reading, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
Denon and Marantz Announce Upgrade to Add Auro 3D

Dolby Atmos got a lot of attention at CEDIA because it was all over the show, whereas Auro 3D—currently the main competition to Atmos in the immersive-audio market—was almost lost in the noise with a single demonstration. But that could soon change, now that Denon has just announced a firmware upgrade for its AVR-X4100W and AVR-X5200W AV receivers that will add Auro 3D capabilities to their already-impressive list of features, including Dolby Atmos. The upgrade will be available in December for an undisclosed fee. (Sorry, it won't be free.
Sucks that it's not free! I might as well wait for next years AV receivers since they'll come with both formats, plus DTS UHD when that becomes available. Seems like Dolby Atmos and Auro 3D might become this generations Dolby True HD and DTS-HD-MA.

Well I already have a few Auro 3D soundtracks plus a few movies in Dolby Atmos so I'm good to go for demo material!

Last edited by prerich; Yesterday at 12:24 PM. Reason: correction
Old Today, 02:59 AM   #543
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioWarrior View Post
Sucks that it's not free! I might as well wait for next years AV receivers since they'll come with both formats, plus DTS UHD when that becomes available. Seems like Dolby Atmos and Auro 3D might become this generations Dolby True HD and DTS-HD-MA.

Well I already have a few Auro 3D soundtracks plus a few movies in Dolby Atmos so I'm good to go for demo material!
I will get the upgrade as soon as it's available. Yes in this day and age it should be free. Maybe it is something to with licensing?

On a side note. My Projector is getting a hardware upgrade next week. New HDMI board. HDCP 2.2 or something like that. Is suppose to do 3D 4k at 60hz (no software yet altho I've been told that frame interpolation can be used). So hardware flown from France to New Zealand, plus technician time and the cost is zilch. Nothing. Now that's service.
Source: iPod 160G in Arcam DrDock, 2x Oppo BDP-103D's (Blu-ray, CD, SACD and DVD Audio), PS3 and PS4.
Amplification: Marantz SR7009(Atmos), 2x Marantz MM7055's (10 amps bi-amping 5 channels).
Speakers (Atmos 5.3.2): 4 x Polk RTiA7's, Polk CSP 1000, 2x Atlantic TLC-8.2, Polk PSW 1200, 2x SVS SB Ultra 13's and triple buttkicker system.
Projection: Dreamvision Yunzi + 3 Tentation Ltd. Ed.
Headgear: Woo WA22 (tube amp), Oppo HA-1 (DAC and amp), Audeze LCD-3.
Old Today, 05:11 AM   #544
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioWarrior View Post

You have a few movies in Dolby Atmos? There is only one blu-ray that's encoded in Dolby Atmos right now, and it's Transformers: Age of Extinction. Other titles will be released soon.
Old Today, 05:26 AM   #545

Aug 2014
Reading, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
You have a few movies in Dolby Atmos? There is only one blu-ray that's encoded in Dolby Atmos right now, and it's Transformers: Age of Extinction. Other titles will be released soon.
Only in America

BTW, here's a few Atmos demos if anybody wants them, plus demo's for True-HD 5.1 and 7.1 http://www.demolandia.net/theatrical...y-digital.html
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Audio Theory and Discussion