Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Banshee: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Special Effects Collection (Blu-ray)
$42.99
Kingdom of Heaven (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
Home (Blu-ray)
$19.97
The Book Thief (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Mrs. Doubtfire (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$21.98
It Follows (Blu-ray)
$14.84
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #781
mredman mredman is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jun 2008
2
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb999 View Post
It's a shame that Nikita never got that big of an audience...such a high quality show. The CW may have been the wrong place for the show to air...cable would've been better perhaps.
i think it will find an audience on Netflix and Blu Ray now that its a complete show like Fringe, Spartacus, Breaking Bad with a real ending
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:09 PM   #782
Lehnhart Lehnhart is offline
Special Member
 
Lehnhart's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Canton, OH
187
19
35
6
11
Default

Getting around to re-watching the entire series. Saw each episode only once so it will be nice to revisit it. This time I'm getting my fiance to watch with me. Watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 and she really enjoyed it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:02 PM   #783
Bubba Fatt Bubba Fatt is offline
Senior Member
 
Bubba Fatt's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
Texas
599
320
5
Default

So I finally discovered this on Netflix. Wow. Pleasant surprise. Sure, there were typical missteps here and there, but on the whole, this was a pretty decent show. I wish I could have followed it live. Any word on a complete series blu-ray release? Or do I have to make do with getting separate seasons?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:25 PM   #784
mredman mredman is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jun 2008
2
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fatt View Post
So I finally discovered this on Netflix. Wow. Pleasant surprise. Sure, there were typical missteps here and there, but on the whole, this was a pretty decent show. I wish I could have followed it live. Any word on a complete series blu-ray release? Or do I have to make do with getting separate seasons?
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Nikita...lu-ray/108744/

i had already bought all the individual seasons before this one came out.

NIKITA was really a fantastic show and its ending was one of the best series finales i have seen. So its a great show for replay value because of that amazing ending.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:18 AM   #785
Bubba Fatt Bubba Fatt is offline
Senior Member
 
Bubba Fatt's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
Texas
599
320
5
Default

I really wish the show was still going. I mean, it wouldn't be hard to continue the story...
four words...

Percy was a double...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:55 PM   #786
Monterey Jack Monterey Jack is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Monterey Jack's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fatt View Post
I really wish the show was still going. I mean, it wouldn't be hard to continue the story...
Not me...as much as I loved the show, it ended before it could get stale and repetitive, and that's a rarity for network TV (see also: Fringe). Most good shows would benefit from being limited to five seasons or less.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Bubba Fatt (01-03-2015), mredman (01-04-2015), Russ103 (01-03-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 05:16 PM   #787
celticmoon celticmoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2011
291
8
3
Default

For some reason I couldn't find this thread originally, and had been posting my thoughts in the Nikita Blu-ray thread.

Anyway, I recently started watching this show on Netflix, and I'm loving it! I'm about half-way through season 2 now. I love all of the twists and turns and altering allegiances, with everyone seemingly out to get everyone, lol.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
i007spectre (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 09:10 PM   #788
i007spectre i007spectre is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Aug 2012
Kansas
20
286
1
Default

It was an excellent series.
Epson 5010 on VAPEX9120
Sony BDP-S580
Sony PS3 and PS4
DirecTV HR24
Yamaha RX-V567
Front: Yamaha NS-C444 and NS-777
Surrounds: Side - Sony SS-F5000 / Rear - Polk T15
Subwoofer: BIC Acoustech PL-200
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:41 AM   #789
Lehnhart Lehnhart is offline
Special Member
 
Lehnhart's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Canton, OH
187
19
35
6
11
Default

Amazing series. Glad you're enjoying it. I own all four season on blu. Hoping to revisit them soon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:49 AM   #790
celticmoon celticmoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2011
291
8
3
Default

Approaching the season 2 finale! Just watched the episodes "Shadow Walker" and "Dead Drop." I'm surprised that they have so many mostly self-contained, essentially stand-alone episodes so close to the end of the season, but they're still so action-packed and compelling, with enough forward-moving momentum that it doesn't really matter. I still keep wanting to see what's next!

Watching this show, I feel like this is the show that Agents of SHIELD should have been. I mean, that show has grown and become much better over time, but if that show were this action-packed and cinematic, and were half as strong as this show was in its first season, I doubt there'd be so many MCU fans eager to disregard the show completely. (Nikita did have some issues early in its first season, but it has nothing on SHIElD) But I digress.

It seems that the release of the series boxset is coming up (simply a packaging of the individual seasons into a single box). I definitely see myself purchasing this series down the line, perhaps once it hits the $50 range, which should be reasonable considering how much the individual seasons are going for right now, and that boxsets for 5-season shows like Fringe and Chuck are consistently in the $60 range a couple of years after release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:58 AM   #791
celticmoon celticmoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2011
291
8
3
Default

Been making my way through the beginning of season 3. I liked the way they completely changed the status quo again at the end of season 2, but I was a bit unsure about the first three episodes episodes of the season. They were fun to watch, but even as stand-alone, mission-of-the-week episodes, they weren't as compelling as the early season 2 episodes, which felt like they were propelling the story forward despite their stand-alone nature.

However, I just watched the fourth episode, "Consequences," and now I'm all-in again. Loved the return of Owen and Amanda, and it felt like a true set up for the season.

One thing I'm still wary about, though, is all of this lovey-dovey relationship drama, which suddenly seems much more prevalent this season. The show just seems to be going a bit overboard with it and seems a bit out of place. I know its the CW, but still, hopefully it gets toned down a bit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:28 AM   #792
I-C-Blue I-C-Blue is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2009
190
49
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
Been making my way through the beginning of season 3. I liked the way they completely changed the status quo again at the end of season 2, but I was a bit unsure about the first three episodes episodes of the season. They were fun to watch, but even as stand-alone, mission-of-the-week episodes, they weren't as compelling as the early season 2 episodes, which felt like they were propelling the story forward despite their stand-alone nature.

However, I just watched the fourth episode, "Consequences," and now I'm all-in again. Loved the return of Owen and Amanda, and it felt like a true set up for the season.

One thing I'm still wary about, though, is all of this lovey-dovey relationship drama, which suddenly seems much more prevalent this season. The show just seems to be going a bit overboard with it and seems a bit out of place. I know its the CW, but still, hopefully it gets toned down a bit.
I'll try not to say too much to sway your opinion for that season but yes, Season 3 goes through a "shift", making it feel completely different - in a bad way- from the earlier seasons. It doesn't last too long as you've just realized as it does go back to its darker roots though at a slightly different territory. There will be slight hiccups onwards otherwise it's not to say this season does not have its moments cause it does.

The happy-days episodes were cringeworthy. I remembered when we all watched it live I couldn't believe that was Nikita I was watching. My friends put best, saying it felt like they were "fooling around" while my uncle fell asleep calling it "boring". CW definitely has an influence over that lovey dovey parts, which was tacked on the most with those episodes. Even that was evident in the initial episodes of Season 2 until 2x07 Clawback and probably what I think is the best episode of that season / series 2x09 Fair Trade, which is a class of its own. If not Season 1, which had the complete package in budget and fight choreography by the Bourne movies fight choreographers, I wish Season 3 would have drawn more inspiration from "Fair Trade" in all technical aspects.

Anyway had Season 3 been shorter like all other 12/13 episodes cable format, it would have went straight to the core of the story. It's the 22-episode season format that a lot of shows suffers from filled with fillers ...
All PlayStation Users, please read, share and sign (VOTE UP) this issue (Click).

Last edited by I-C-Blue; 05-09-2015 at 05:46 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:08 AM   #793
celticmoon celticmoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2011
291
8
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-C-Blue View Post
I'll try not to say too much to sway your opinion for that season but yes, Season 3 goes through a "shift", making it feel completely different - in a bad way- from the earlier seasons. It doesn't last too long as you've just realized as it does go back to its darker roots though at a slightly different territory. There will be slight hiccups onwards otherwise it's not to say this season does not have its moments cause it does.

The happy-days episodes were cringeworthy. I remembered when we all watched it live I couldn't believe that was Nikita I was watching. My friends put best, saying it felt like they were "fooling around" while my uncle fell asleep calling it "boring". CW definitely has an influence over that lovey dovey parts, which was tacked on the most with those episodes. Even that was evident in the initial episodes of Season 2 until 2x07 Clawback and probably what I think is the best episode of that season / series 2x09 Fair Trade, which is a class of its own. If not Season 1, which had the complete package in budget and fight choreography by the Bourne movies fight choreographers, I wish Season 3 would have drawn more inspiration from "Fair Trade" in all technical aspects.

Anyway had Season 3 been shorter like all other 12/13 episodes cable format, it would have went straight to the core of the story. It's the 22-episode season format that a lot of shows suffers from filled with fillers ...
Well, I'm moving forward little by little (I've had to go at a much slower pace lately, since someone else started watching with me and I have to wait for them to keep going... lol).

Anyway, I've got through episode 7, and I think so far, "Consequences" has still been the best episode of the season so far, but they're doing better than the first three episodes. The end of episode 7, with Nikita
[Show spoiler]cutting off Michael's hand
(I know this series is long over, but spoilers just in case, lol) was a bit unexpected.

What I found strange about early this season also was that it totally felt like they were trying to set it up for new viewers. It was kind of jarring. Even episode 4, where Owen appeared for the first time in a while, they had a whole little montage of Nikita/Owen moments, which was kind of weird, as if they had to remind us who he was. And I find Sonya very problematic, as we're supposed to care about her, but we don't really know enough about her to care..... It feels like we have a big chunk of story missing regarding her, and I'd say that they kinda mishandled the way that they transitioned her into the team.

It's also a bit jarring how this season suddenly seems like all-out Mission: Impossible-esque Spy-Fi. I mean, there were elements of that here and there in season 2, and even in season 1, but I guess it just feels weird because they're amping it up so much, so fast.

It's interesting that the review here on Blu-ray.com by Ken Brown awards the highest score to season 3 out of the four seasons, and what you're telling me is the exact opposite. Haha. So far, I do find it the least compelling season at this point, but I'm still loving it. It's still very high-octane without any dull moments. Also, loved the guest stint from Isaiah Mustafa--hope to see more of his character.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #794
celticmoon celticmoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2011
291
8
3
Default

Finished season 3 last night.... I'm sad that there are only 6 episodes left...

Anyway, overall, I think season 3 turned out to be a pretty good season. I'd have to say it is the weakest of the three so far, but it definitely improved after the first few episodes, and the last two episodes, in typical Nikita fashion, were non-stop exciting.

I'm still a bit unsure about the whole Alex
[Show spoiler]mutiny
storyline though. I know there was the whole Amanda's mind-games element to it, but it still didn't feel quite organic. I think it could have used a few more episodes to brew before it blew up like it did. I love Nikita for constantly moving forward and never dragging things out, but this was one of those times I think they could have slowed the pace down a bit.

As for Sonya, I'm finally starting to warm up to her, and she's likeable, but I still feel like she's woefully underdeveloped. She's just never quite gelled with the rest of the team for me, and I think it all comes down to how they decided to skip her integration into the team at the beginning of season 3.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:29 AM   #795
celticmoon celticmoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2011
291
8
3
Default

Watched the season 4 premiere episode tonight. Wow, this season started with a bang! Definitely the strongest season premiere of the series. And did the production values go up a bit? The show has always looked great despite what I imagine to be a pretty minuscule budget, what with the low ratings and it being a CW show, but I felt like this episode looked more cinematic than usual.

Anyway, I'm going to have to even my viewing out a bit and not blow through the episodes too fast. Haha.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:47 AM   #796
I-C-Blue I-C-Blue is offline
Expert Member
 
May 2009
190
49
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
Well, I'm moving forward little by little (I've had to go at a much slower pace lately, since someone else started watching with me and I have to wait for them to keep going... lol).

Anyway, I've got through episode 7, and I think so far, "Consequences" has still been the best episode of the season so far, but they're doing better than the first three episodes. The end of episode 7, with Nikita
[Show spoiler]cutting off Michael's hand
(I know this series is long over, but spoilers just in case, lol) was a bit unexpected.

What I found strange about early this season also was that it totally felt like they were trying to set it up for new viewers. It was kind of jarring. Even episode 4, where Owen appeared for the first time in a while, they had a whole little montage of Nikita/Owen moments, which was kind of weird, as if they had to remind us who he was. And I find Sonya very problematic, as we're supposed to care about her, but we don't really know enough about her to care..... It feels like we have a big chunk of story missing regarding her, and I'd say that they kinda mishandled the way that they transitioned her into the team.

It's also a bit jarring how this season suddenly seems like all-out Mission: Impossible-esque Spy-Fi. I mean, there were elements of that here and there in season 2, and even in season 1, but I guess it just feels weird because they're amping it up so much, so fast.

It's interesting that the review here on Blu-ray.com by Ken Brown awards the highest score to season 3 out of the four seasons, and what you're telling me is the exact opposite. Haha. So far, I do find it the least compelling season at this point, but I'm still loving it. It's still very high-octane without any dull moments. Also, loved the guest stint from Isaiah Mustafa--hope to see more of his character.
Craig Silverstein did admit that the show in the beginning of that season was sort of a "spin-off" to gage in new viewers. And it honestly did feel like one because it was like watching all those procedural dramas out there, which in my opinion, does not work well for this series. I remembered the fan reception at IMDB messageboards was going all "what's happening to this show?!" after the first two episodes.

That followed also when we all read that Kenneth Brown said he thought this was the best of the three seasons. But I respect his view none the less. I still think it's the weakest season by far.



Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
Finished season 3 last night.... I'm sad that there are only 6 episodes left...

Anyway, overall, I think season 3 turned out to be a pretty good season. I'd have to say it is the weakest of the three so far, but it definitely improved after the first few episodes, and the last two episodes, in typical Nikita fashion, were non-stop exciting.

I'm still a bit unsure about the whole Alex
[Show spoiler]mutiny
storyline though. I know there was the whole Amanda's mind-games element to it, but it still didn't feel quite organic. I think it could have used a few more episodes to brew before it blew up like it did. I love Nikita for constantly moving forward and never dragging things out, but this was one of those times I think they could have slowed the pace down a bit.

As for Sonya, I'm finally starting to warm up to her, and she's likeable, but I still feel like she's woefully underdeveloped. She's just never quite gelled with the rest of the team for me, and I think it all comes down to how they decided to skip her integration into the team at the beginning of season 3.
I know the the
[Show spoiler]mutiny felt anti-climatic to me. I felt like there was more to be done with it but it was just left there and done. Especially when they gave an exit to all the remaining agents in Division. It was like CW's cheapest way of getting rid of Division agents/story line without giving it the biggest bang lol...


And what I hate towards the end of Season 3 especially
[Show spoiler]was when Nikita got bugged by Amanda, she could have write on a piece of paper telling her friends she's compromised. It's not like Amanda's tablet could SEE what she was doing, all we saw was an audio feed. That to me was a big fail on the writers ...


And with
[Show spoiler]Michael's hand ... when you finish season 4, remind me to talk about it lol.


I agree with you about Lyndie Greenwood's character as well (Sonya) but man is she an incredible actress. That performance she pulled
[Show spoiler]in Sideswipe (3x06) was so convincingly horrific she had me turn over my shoulder just listening to her scared.


Quote:
Originally Posted by celticmoon View Post
Watched the season 4 premiere episode tonight. Wow, this season started with a bang! Definitely the strongest season premiere of the series. And did the production values go up a bit? The show has always looked great despite what I imagine to be a pretty minuscule budget, what with the low ratings and it being a CW show, but I felt like this episode looked more cinematic than usual.

Anyway, I'm going to have to even my viewing out a bit and not blow through the episodes too fast. Haha.
If there's one thing I learned from every TV series, it'd be that the first few episodes of any seasons tends to be the most cinematic looking than the episodes that follow. Reason being is because they have more time to prepare and plan for those early episodes ahead of time. As much as I disliked the first two episodes of the third season, they do look pretty darn good I must admit. And that "fuel" lasted til the 6th episode of that season. It's hard to maintain that momentum when filming a TV series because the schedule is a fast paced environment, where as a feature film you have days to months to film and get that one 5 minute scene right, looking as best as possible. Season 4's premiere is also at that level, even though the blacks are, as Kevin Brown pointed out, "muted". This wasn't the case with the broadcast but it's a mastering error I can live with on Blu-Ray.

By the way, Season 4 being only 6 episodes was meant to be aired as "3 2-hour movies". Though that didn't come to fruition, it's still recommended you watch them 2 by 2 by 2 as they pair well with each other. Or just watch them all in one go if you can't help yourself

I know I'm beating a dead horse with this but I just wish Seasons 2 - 4 maintained that level of production season 1 had. Just watching the action scenes/fight choreography/cinematography/quick-paced editing in Marvel Agents of Shields Season 2 makes me wish Nikita was under ABC. That network, despite the declined ratings, had all that money to back up that level of production (thanks to the money Disney's been raking in from their summer block busters I suppose ...). Nikita always had well written dialogue scenes but man were they more dialogue-driven than ever Seasons 2 - 3 even I felt like snoozing on my favorite show sometimes.

Thankfully the story is still engaging enough to finish through to the end. At most, only loyal fans stuck around but it was Netflix that really saved the show from giving it a conclusion, as they are more than willing to buy shows that have a complete story line instead of those that are cancelled and left in the hanging. I believe another series named "The Shield" followed a similar model with a final season consisting of just 6 episodes. It leaves no room for fillers so
All PlayStation Users, please read, share and sign (VOTE UP) this issue (Click).

Last edited by I-C-Blue; 06-14-2015 at 04:03 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:04 AM   #797
celticmoon celticmoon is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2011
291
8
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-C-Blue View Post
By the way, Season 4 being only 6 episodes was meant to be aired as "3 2-hour movies". Though that didn't come to fruition, it's still recommended you watch them 2 by 2 by 2 as they pair well with each other. Or just watch them all in one go if you can't help yourself
Yeah, I read about that, and the titles definitely indicate that they are meant to be paired. I just finished the series tonight! I didn't get to watch them in pairs like you recommended, though I did watch the final two episodes in one go.

Anyway, I loved this final season! It was definitely a huge improvement over season 3. It did feel rushed in a few spots here and there, with a few things happening a little too conveniently to propel the story forward, but overall, I think they handled it very well considering the episode count. Definitely could have used a few more episodes, but I'm definitely thankful for Netflix essentially forcing the CW to commission a final season at all.

I was definitely sad to see
[Show spoiler]Ryan go, especially so close to the end. But he went out heroically, and I was happy with the way they handled it. Definitely handled much better than with Sean, who's death felt so unnecessary, considering it was the result of the dud mutiny storyline. And he kinda felt forgotten by the time of the finale, though it was nice that Alex mentioned her lingering regrets regarding him in one of the episodes.


I wish they didn't have to go with the explainy route at the end. It was brilliant that they used Amanda's methods against her, but instead of explaining their whole process after the fact (which I usually can't stand), it would have been nice if they just mentioned Amanda's line about using deception over brute force, and just showed us the flashbacks of what really happened, instead of having the characters explaining the whole methodology. It would have been more effective. Kinda like how they revealed Nikita and Alex were working together at the end of the Pilot episode (if I'm remembering it correctly).

It was also a bit sad to not see Sonya in the last episode. Although she never got much focus, somehow it felt more natural having her on the team this season, and to have her be absent from the finale after all of the effort that they went her to make her part of the team just didn't feel right.

Overall, though, I'm really satisfied, and I'm sad it's all over now. I might start experience withdrawals, lol. Everything got tied up in a nice little bow at the end, but honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way. I really love these characters, and sometimes a straight up happy ending is the best type of ending.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Terra Nova Discussion Thread TV Shows WyldeMan45 467 02-23-2013 07:34 AM
The official "burn notice: Season 4" discussion thread! TV Shows Groo The Perverted 9 05-12-2011 11:55 PM
The Official "Lie To Me" Discussion Thread TV Shows Groo The Perverted 59 02-08-2011 11:31 AM
The Official "Running Wilde" Discussion Thread TV Shows WyldeMan45 11 10-22-2010 05:23 AM
Official "Super Mario Galaxy 2" Discussion Thread!! Wii CZAR 88 09-23-2010 01:35 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:42 PM.