Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Mr. Robot: Season 3.0 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Finest Hours (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

To Have and Have Not (Blu-ray)
$11.85
20 hrs ago
A Few Good Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$5.34

The Dark Crystal 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Death Wish (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Pitch Perfect 3 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Banned

Nov 2011
Canada
Default Coen boxset question

This is a question about that Blood Simple/Raising Arizona/Miller's Crossing/Fargo boxset, with the brain on the cover.

Do the four movies come in seperate boxes within the overall box? Because as they are not in a series, I would want to put them in different places in the overall shelf, alphabetically. And I would put the overall box up on my box set shelf.

Because this set does look buy-worthy, it has my first favorite, third favorite, fifth favorite and seventh favorite Coen film, all of which I would want to own on Blu anyways. But I hate sets where different movies are in the same box and I can't put them seperately. One of my Hithcock (DVD) sets is like this, and it ruffles my feathers whenever I look at it.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #2

Aug 2010
Wareham, MA
Send a message via AIM to wd40cloud

The films are in individual cases, just like you were to buy them separately.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Enns View Post
This is a question about that Blood Simple/Raising Arizona/Miller's Crossing/Fargo boxset, with the brain on the cover.

Do the four movies come in seperate boxes within the overall box? Because as they are not in a series, I would want to put them in different places in the overall shelf, alphabetically. And I would put the overall box up on my box set shelf.

Because this set does look buy-worthy, it has my first favorite, third favorite, fifth favorite and seventh favorite Coen film, all of which I would want to own on Blu anyways. But I hate sets where different movies are in the same box and I can't put them seperately. One of my Hithcock (DVD) sets is like this, and it ruffles my feathers whenever I look at it.
Yes
Old 06-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
couple a steps north of Seattle

....and after you get this set be sure and throw away the outer box like most of us did.
bentvalve's Blu-ray collection:1010 (collection order: Concerts>Music movies & Musicals>Documentaries>TV shows>Animated films>Criterions>Movies)
Recently added: La passion de Jeanne d'Arc
last update: Mar 21, 2018
Old 06-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #5
Blu-ray Duke

May 2011
Texas

Quote:

Confirmed 4 standard blu ray cases. The box is rather nice though (if you keep it in a snug spot).

I have two Fargo blurays. What to do?
Old 06-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentvalve View Post
....and after you get this set be sure and throw away the outer box like most of us did.
I actually did this with the Ultimate Comedy Collection (40YoV, FSM and Knocked up) It had nowhere relevant to sit on my shelf.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #7

Jun 2012

Man, I hate that as well, so good that you cleared this issue out!
Old 06-24-2012, 02:35 AM   #8
Banned

Nov 2011
Canada

Thanks for all the replies, that's good to know. I'll have to nail this at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentvalve View Post
Lol, that's not me. I'll put it on my "outer-box-of-box-set" shelf. I have a bunch, and just organize them by the year the first film in the set was released. So, in the case of this set, 1984. I also keep the cardboard sleeves that are on the back of some box sets in a drawer. I juts don't like throwing stuff out.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #9

Jul 2012

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies, that's good to know. I'll have to nail this at some point.

Lol, that's not me. I'll put it on my "outer-box-of-box-set" shelf. I have a bunch, and just organize them by the year the first film in the set was released. So, in the case of this set, 1984. I also keep the cardboard sleeves that are on the back of some box sets in a drawer. I juts don't like throwing stuff out.
Haha, you're like me, can't throw anything away!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America