Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Human Condition Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£19.99
18 hrs ago
Ministry of Fear (Blu-ray)
£14.99
23 hrs ago
The Odessa File (Blu-ray)
£14.99
18 hrs ago
Missing (Blu-ray)
£14.99
23 hrs ago
Oleanna (Blu-ray)
£14.99
23 hrs ago
Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£36.25

Mohsen Makhmalbaf: The Poetic Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£19.99
23 hrs ago
The Bridge: The Complete Season Four (Blu-ray)
£17.99

The Changeling (Blu-ray)
£17.99

Big Hero 6 3D (Blu-ray)
£4.99

Bad Dreams (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Woman is the Future of Man + Tale of Cinema: Two Films by Hong Sangsoo (Blu-ray)
£14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 10-19-2017, 04:55 PM   #841
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

I thought the amaray had already dropped? Could have sworn someone posted something about a black amaray case?
Split like light refracted....
....across a moonlit mile
Old 10-19-2017, 05:01 PM   #842
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougling View Post
Wasn't there supposed to be a general release amaray of The Amityville Horror this month or did I imagine that? I thought it was Sainsbury's exclusive (if you could find one stocking it) amaray and general release steelbook, with the amaray becoming general in October...

I might be remembering wrong.
No that was the plan apparently. I never saw a copy in my local Sainsbury's, but it does exist as I saw a few copies on eBay. Annoyingly I missed out on the steelbook for a tenner from Zavvi because I was looking for a 10% code (to get Dark Water as well), and of course by the time I found one it had sold out (and it's now £22.99).
Old 10-20-2017, 09:10 PM   #843
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
Denmark

I just ordered Re-animator. I never sern the film, so I am looking forward to it.
Hands off the compression button, Music Industry!
Hands off the DNR button, Blu-Ray producers!
Films are supposed to have grain!

https://twitter.com/Kristofferabild
Old 10-20-2017, 09:18 PM   #844
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilSpectre View Post
I thought the amaray had already dropped? Could have sworn someone posted something about a black amaray case?
I got it in my nearest large Sainsbury's when I heard about the Amaray release on here, and it does have a black case.

I put the 2nd disc in from my MGM special edition DVD, as the Blu-ray was missing these two featurettes:

'History's Mysteries Amityville: The Haunting' documentary (42:01)
'History's Mysteries Amityville: Horror or Curse' documentary (42:30)

Not sure they're absolutely necessary, but I'll watch them again anyway.
Thanks given by:
CouncilSpectre (10-21-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 07:18 AM   #845
Power Member

Jan 2015
Bristol, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilSpectre View Post
Not for general release though, as I was saying. It came out as a Sainsbury’s exclusive with plans for a general release of it in October but it’s still not had that general release and as far as anyone knows is still a Sainsbury’s exclusive. Only problem is none of the Sainsbury’s stores I’ve been to (and I’m covering two cities and surrounding towns here) have stocked it and you can’t buy it on their website, so I still haven’t managed to get a hold of it.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #846
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Quote:
Not for general release though, as I was saying. It came out as a Sainsbury’s exclusive with plans for a general release of it in October but it’s still not had that general release and as far as anyone knows is still a Sainsbury’s exclusive. Only problem is none of the Sainsbury’s stores I’ve been to (and I’m covering two cities and surrounding towns here) have stocked it and you can’t buy it on their website, so I still haven’t managed to get a hold of it.
Ah, apologies, I see what you meant now.

The whole Sainsbury's exclusivity is a bit of a mick-take when the majority of their stores don't even carry it.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #847

Jul 2016
Sweden

I ordered The Basket Case trilogy blu ray, Assault on Precinct 13 blu ray and Possession blu ray on november 2 and got them all today. Bought from a seller on amazon called dodax online UK. Total cost was about 25 pounds. That's not bad, right? Been wanting to own all of these for a while now.

A bit annoying how they seem to mix black and blue cases and also if the second sight logo is on the top or bottom of the spine. Other than that I quite like this company. I also have their releases of From Beyond, The Brood and The Ninth Configuration.

Luckily they have a varied output so I don't feel the need to get everything they release.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:21 AM   #848
Power Member

Jan 2015
Bristol, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigVitus View Post
I ordered The Basket Case trilogy blu ray, Assault on Precinct 13 blu ray and Possession blu ray on november 2 and got them all today. Bought from a seller on amazon called dodax online UK. Total cost was about 25 pounds. That's not bad, right? Been wanting to own all of these for a while now.

A bit annoying how they seem to mix black and blue cases and also if the second sight logo is on the top or bottom of the spine. Other than that I quite like this company. I also have their releases of From Beyond, The Brood and The Ninth Configuration.

Luckily they have a varied output so I don't feel the need to get everything they release.
What?! I placed an order with them on November 1 and haven't received it yet, and I'm in the UK. Grrrrrr.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #849
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010

Dodax aren't based in the UK btw, I believe they're based in Switzerland. Once shipped items will usually arrive within a week (in my experiences).
Old 11-14-2017, 12:07 PM   #850
Power Member

Jan 2015
Bristol, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
Dodax aren't based in the UK btw, I believe they're based in Switzerland. Once shipped items will usually arrive within a week (in my experiences).
I wasn't aware of that. Still, it's been 13 days now, so hopefully it'll turn up soon.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #851
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014
Aberdeen

I find Dodax stuff usually takes anything between one and three weeks to get to me!
If I was a duck I'd go quack.

All things prog | Yes World | DVD Basen | Home | MX-5 | Nausicaa | ET | My Criterion
Old 11-17-2017, 04:40 PM   #852
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

So, Second Sight's upcoming slate just got even more interesting...

Listings for Lee Tamahor's Once Were Warriors and Harry Bromley Davenport's XTRO just appeared on Amazon, both of which were already teased on Facebook, but what surprised me were these two: Jim McBride's Breathless and Jeff Nichols' Take Shelter as well! I've been meaning to see the former (a remake of the notorious Godard film, starring Richard Gere) and the latter is by one of my favourite directors of the last ten years (and I'll gladly double-dip, since they're adding a bunch of extras).

These are on top of their already-announced and much anticipated releases of Sergei Parajanov's The Colour of Pomegranates, Edgar Reitz's Heimat, and Rainer Werner Fassbinder's Berlin Alexanderplatz, rounding off a very impressive first quarter for 2018 from the label!

Great to see Second Sight back into the swing of things after slightly more modest slates from them over the past couple of years (especially last year).
Thanks given by:
1234567? (11-17-2017), Cocodon (11-18-2017), Fat Phil (11-17-2017), Fnord Prefect (11-17-2017), nitin (11-17-2017), witchmania (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 04:44 PM   #853

Jul 2016

I love Take Shelter. Will be interesting to see what this version has.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:55 PM   #854
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by don3663 View Post
I love Take Shelter. Will be interesting to see what this version has.
Me too; I even have the score on vinyl!

Specs so far say this:

Quote:
SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:

An exclusive new interview with Jeff Nichols
Jeff Nichols and Michael Shannon on-stage Q&A at Ebertfest 2012
DP/30 round table interview with Jeff Nichols, Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain
Archive interviews with Jeff Nichols, Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain
Jeff Nichols ‘Semaine de la Critique’ interview 2011
Behind-the-scenes
Deleted scenes
English subtitles for the hearing impaired
More tbc
Certainly an improvement on the current UK disc! Didn't expect a film this recent would get picked up, so pleasantly surprised. Doubt we'll ever get a Blu-ray for Shotgun Stories, or special editions of Mud or Midnight Special, but this is the next best thing.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:13 PM   #855
Power Member

Jul 2015

Quote:
I wasn't aware of that. Still, it's been 13 days now, so hopefully it'll turn up soon.
Dodax are incredibly slow. Even after 16 days it isn't worth panicing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
So, Second Sight's upcoming slate just got even more interesting...

Listings for Lee Tamahor's Once Were Warriors and Harry Bromley Davenport's XTRO...
£29.99 for Xtro seems a lot even for a day one listing of an item due four months from now. Hope it's not actually a boxed set with the two pointless sequels.

Last edited by Fnord Prefect; 11-17-2017 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #856
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Dodax are one of those third party sellers on AMZ that you figure you'll take a chance on, then after a couple of times you realise that actually, no, they're on your sh1t list.

Delivery takes far too long.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:24 PM   #857

Apr 2013

Any update on Space Truckers?

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 mediante Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Fnord Prefect (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #858
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnord Prefect View Post
£29.99 for Xtro seems a lot even for a day one listing of an item due four months from now. Hope it's not actually a boxed set with the two pointless sequels.
Looks like that one's a 2-disc release, so they're certainly doing something with it...
Old 11-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #859
Special Member

Dec 2014

Ooo. Jim McBride's 'Breathless'. I already own the Shout release from a couple of years back but i'll re-buy! It's in my top ten film of all time

EDIT: Rapta, where do you hear about Second Sight's release info? I always check their website and Facebook page but they're both seriously lacking.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:27 PM   #860
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Amazon UK!

THE COLOUR OF POMEGRANATES (Limited Edition) (due January 29th):

Quote:
Sergei Parajanov’s celebrated masterpiece paints an astonishing portrait of the 18th century Armenian poet Sayat Nova, the ‘King of Song’. Parajanov’s aim was not a conventional biography but a cinematic expression of his work, resulting in an extraordinary visual poem. Key moments in his subject’s life are illustrated through a series of exquisitely orchestrated tableaux filled with rich colour and stunning iconography, each scene a celluloid painting alive with stylised movement.

One of cinema’s most revered and beautiful films, now presented in a stunning new restoration by Martin Scorsese’s The Film Foundation.

SPECIAL FEATURES:

Disc 1
  • Martin Scorsese’s The Film Foundation restoration of the the Armenian version (‘The Parajanov Cut’)
  • The Russian version (‘The Yutkevich Cut’) prepared using The Film Foundation’s restored material
  • Optional annotated commentary on the ‘Armenian Cut’ by James Steffen, author of ‘The Cinema of Sergei Parajanov’ and advisor on the new restoration
  • Optional audio commentary on the ‘Yutkevich Cut’ by Levon Abrahamyan

Disc 2
  • New 2K restoration of Sergei Parajanov’s short film ‘Kiev Frescoes’ with optional annotated commentary by Daniel Bird
  • ‘Poetry, Pomegranates and Parajanov: A new appreciation’ by Daniel Bird
  • ‘Pomegranates Rediscovered’: Cecilia Cenciarelli of Bologna Cineteca on the multi-national effort to save ‘The Colour of Pomegranates’
  • ‘Free Parajanov!’ Tony Rayns on the campaign to free Parajanov
  • The World is a Window: The Making of the Colour of Pomegranates’
  • Memories About Sayat Nova: Levon Grigoryan's 2006 documentary featuring extracts from the rushes
  • Parajanov: A Requiem

PLUS: 112 page limited edition book featuring Martin Scorsese introduction, archive material, new writings, costume designs and storyboards
ONCE WERE WARRIORS (due February 19th):

Quote:
Lee Tamahori’s highly acclaimed film is a powerful, unflinching depiction of domestic and gang violence within New Zealand’s urban Maori community.

After eighteen years of marriage Beth is still in love with the charismatic but brutal Jake. Spending most of the time in the pub, proving his masculinity with his fists, Beth faces similar treatment when he returns home. As she struggles to keep her family together, events unfold that will change all their lives forever.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • ‘Once Were Warriors – Where Are They Now’ - A documentary looking back at the film’s production and impact as well as re-uniting the cast 20 years later
HEIMAT: A CHRONICLE OF GERMANY (Limited Edition) (due February 26th):

Quote:
Five years in the making, Heimat is one of the most compelling and highly praised dramas in television history. This epic tale of a family and their rural life in a small German village is told against the changing backdrop of a country’s turbulent history from 1919 to 1982. From the aftermath of the First World War, economic hardship, the rise and fall of Nazism, the Second World War and the decades that followed, life in the village goes on and the values and aspirations of the people at its’ heart are wonderfully brought to life in this gripping saga of an ordinary family living through extraordinary times.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Restored from the original negative by The Edgar Reitz Film Foundation
  • ‘Heimat – The Hunsruek Villages: Stories From The Film Locations’
  • Edgar Reitz’s 2-hour documentary ‘prologue’ to Heimat
  • An interview with Edgar Reitz on the making of Heimat
  • An interview with Christian Reitz on the restoration of Heimat
  • An interview with Marita Breuer on acting in Heimat
  • An introduction by Jan Harlan on the significance of Heimat for Stanley Kubrick

PLUS: 50 page limited edition soft cover book featuring liner notes by Carmen Gray, ‘The Collaboration with Gernot Roll’ by Edgar Reitz and ‘Germany as Memory’ by Anton Kaes

DELUXE LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION – ONLY 3000 COPIES
BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ (Limited Edition) (due March 12th):

Quote:
Franz Biberkopf is an unforgettable man: good-natured, soft, tender, but also hard, violent and brutal. Released from prison following a four-year sentence for the manslaughter of his girlfriend, he plans to make a new start and a decent life for himself. But a chaotic, decadent Berlin of the 20’s is not the easiest place for an ex-con to go straight and work is hard to come by. When Franz becomes fascinated by Reinhold, a psychotic small-time crook, he is soon drawn back into a world he cannot escape.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • 'Fassbinder: Love Without Demands’ - The acclaimed 2015 feature length documentary by Christian Braad Thomsen
  • An appreciation by writer and critic Tony Rayns
  • Berlin Alexanderplatz - A Visual Essay by Daniel Bird
  • ‘A Mega Movie and it’s Story’ documentary by Juliane Lorenz
  • 'The Restoration' documentary including ‘before and after’
  • The Original Recaps
  • Berlinale 2007 trailer

PLUS: 60 page perfect bound booklet featuring new essay by Cahiers Du Cinema’s Stephane du Mesnildot and archive material by Wim Wenders, Thomas Elsasser and Christian Braad Thomsen

DELUXE LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION – ONLY 2000 COPIES
TAKE SHELTER (due March 12th):

Quote:
Curtis LaForche lives a happy family life in a small Ohio town with his wife Samantha and six-year-old daughter Hannah. When he begins to have nightmares of an impending apocalyptic storm he questions his sanity but prepares for the worst by building a storm shelter. As he becomes increasingly plagued by visions his behaviour grows ever more erratic, alienating friends and putting his livelihood and marriage in jeopardy. Is Curtis losing his mind or are the visions that plague him a forewarning?

A haunting and powerful film by Jeff Nichols that features an intense and mesmerising performance by Michael Shannon

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • An exclusive new interview with Jeff Nichols
  • Jeff Nichols and Michael Shannon on-stage Q&A at Ebertfest 2012
  • DP/30 round table interview with Jeff Nichols, Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain
  • Archive interviews with Jeff Nichols, Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain
  • Jeff Nichols ‘Semaine de la Critique’ interview 2011
  • Behind-the-scenes
  • Deleted scenes
  • English subtitles for the hearing impaired
  • More tbc
XTRO (due March 19th):

Quote:
Three years ago young Tony watched with horror as his father was taken into the night sky by a mysterious blinding light and never seen again. Until now. His father is coming home but he’s not the man he used to be!

A ‘must-see’ cult rental of the 80s, Xtro is one of the most outrageously bizarre, gory and insanely enjoyable horror films of its time complete with infamous ‘alien birth’ scene. ‘Not all extra terrestrials are friendly’!

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • New exclusive restoration
  • Full contents to be confirmed shortly
BREATHLESS (due March 26th):

Quote:
On the run after killing a cop, small-time crook Jesse Lujack teams up with French student Monica and seduces her into taking a trip to Mexico with him. It isn't long before his criminal activities catch up with them both and Monica is forced to decide her fate. A remake of Jean-Luc Godard's 'A Bout de Souffle', director Jim McBride’s stylish re-imagining has won a legion of fans including Quentin Tarantino.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • A new interview with Valerie Kaprisky
Thanks given by:
arou54 (11-18-2017), Fat Phil (11-17-2017), muchogris (11-17-2017), nitin (11-17-2017), NoirFan (11-17-2017), orfy (02-05-2018), talkingpictures (11-30-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Tags
second sight, u.k.