Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Independence Day: Resurgence (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Saving Private Ryan 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$4.99

The Revenant (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Miracle (Blu-ray)
$5.99
20 hrs ago
Young Frankenstein (Blu-ray)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
Dietrich & von Sternberg in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$85.62

West Side Story (Blu-ray)
$4.99

The Sartana Collection (Blu-ray)
$66.09

Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-23-2018, 02:32 AM   #541

Nov 2013
Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_nebula View Post
Who knows right now. But, I surely hope they fix it. If not, then that is just bad business on Warners part.
Strange. Warner Archive has put out some stellar blu rays. I really hope this isn't the one that messes their reputation up. Horror sells and if there's an error that needs fixing, I really hope they handle it.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:34 AM   #542

Feb 2018
California

It felt like the theatrical cut. Was this really the unrated version on the blu ray.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:36 AM   #543
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson13 View Post
It felt like the theatrical cut. Was this really the unrated version on the blu ray.
Pretty sure there would've been an uproar by now if Warners put the theatrical cut on there instead.

It's all about dat oval.
"Also, The Last Jedi would've been a better movie if it was Blade Runner 2049." - GLaDOS

"Another person to ignore and GLADLY. dallywhitty, dallyunwhitty, he's the expert on posting etiquette." - bootsy

"I knew I would hate you with every ounce of my fiber the first day I joined these forums. I wish nothing but the worst to befall you." - Kylo Ren
Old 02-23-2018, 02:37 AM   #544

Feb 2018
California

Well that was maybe the biggest letdown ever. All this hype for the unrated cut. There was nothing unrated about that film.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:39 AM   #545
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyGG View Post
Strange. Warner Archive has put out some stellar blu rays. I really hope this isn't the one that messes their reputation up. Horror sells and if there's an error that needs fixing, I really hope they handle it.
They must have had a newb in charge of handling the disc for this one.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:51 AM   #546

Apr 2013

Quote:
this was the unrated cut....more gore when Leatherface kills the girl in the woods with chainsaw, little girl pulling the rope to kill the hanged man, also when they show the guy's fingers blown off there could be more differences but those are the ones I know
Thanks given by:
gobad2003 (02-23-2018), TripleHBK (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 02:59 AM   #547

Sep 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL13 View Post
this was the unrated cut....more gore when Leatherface kills the girl in the woods with chainsaw, little girl pulling the rope to kill the hanged man, also when they show the guy's fingers blown off there could be more differences but those are the ones I know
The issue is that New Line actually cut the original negatives and destroyed the trims, so this version is as uncut as anyone will ever see this movie. There were some stills published in GoreZone and Fangoria back in the day from the lost footage, and this movie was definitely not intended to be as soft as what got released. The reason the unrated version isnít much compared to others from the time is that the MPAA really had it out for horror films at that time and were going above and beyond the usual expectations for R ratings for slashers. Nightmare on Elm Street 4 and 5 also got mutilated around the same time.
Thanks given by:
aspberger (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 03:13 AM   #548

Apr 2015
Northeast Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadguy2322 View Post
The issue is that New Line actually cut the original negatives and destroyed the trims, so this version is as uncut as anyone will ever see this movie. There were some stills published in GoreZone and Fangoria back in the day from the lost footage, and this movie was definitely not intended to be as soft as what got released. The reason the unrated version isnít much compared to others from the time is that the MPAA really had it out for horror films at that time and were going above and beyond the usual expectations for R ratings for slashers. Nightmare on Elm Street 4 and 5 also got mutilated around the same time.
Just more reasons for me to completely loathe the MPAA
Old 02-23-2018, 06:03 AM   #549
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
New Line Cinema

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean. It was several years since I'd seen the film, and afterwards I had to put on the DVD to compare.

This is indeed the unrated cut. There's more blood throughout, but the biggest difference, time-wise, is the little girl releasing the hammer for the head-shot kill.

Quote:
Well that was maybe the biggest letdown ever. All this hype for the unrated cut. There was nothing unrated about that film.
This would easily pass with an R today. At the time this came out, the MPAA was really clamping down on horror films. Anyone b!tching about the MPAA today doesn't know how good they have it. Nowadays, a bit of blood can be the difference between PG-13 and R. Back then it was the difference between R and X.
2018 Theatrical Movies RANKED: 1. Pacific Rim: Uprising 2. The Strangers: Prey at Night 3. Black Panther 4. The Hurricane Heist 5. Winchester. Planning To See Soon: Rampage, A Quiet Place. Most Looking Forward To: Avengers: Infinity War, Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:48 AM   #550

Aug 2012
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL13 View Post
https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=1686815
You don't butt in line! You don't sell drugs! You don't molest little children! You don't profit off the misery of others! The rules were set a long time ago! They don't change!
Old 02-23-2018, 08:16 AM   #551

Jun 2013
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadguy2322 View Post
Nightmare on Elm Street 4 and 5 also got mutilated around the same time.
And let's not forget one of the worst victims, Friday the 13th Part VII.
Thanks given by:
GasmaskAvenger (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 12:35 PM   #552
Special Member

Jan 2012

Watched this last night on my Epson projector.

The oval is there and I cannot believe anyone is saying otherwise.

Incredibly distracting. What's the correct email for Warner Archive? Going to put in my vote for a replacement disc.

Glad I kept my DVD for the time being. In most cases, I'd have gotten rid of it already.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:09 PM   #553

Oct 2010

I used the Contact Us page here:
https://www.wbshop.com/pages/contact-us
And hereís the reply they just sent:

Thank you for contacting us.
We apologize for the inconvenience, I'll be honest I'm not sure if all the copies have the same issue. I will request information so we can send you a replacement, they can check the new copy before sent the tittle. Please let me know if you would like a replacement.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,
Cindy
wbshop.com
Monday-Friday 8:00 am 8:00 pm EST
Saturday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST

Curious to see what they say next.
Thanks given by:
GasmaskAvenger (02-25-2018), Marsupial Werewolf (02-24-2018), Wernski (03-06-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 06:33 PM   #554
Expert Member

Jan 2016

Just watched this last night, for the first time since I first saw it back around 2003-2004 and my god the female lead is not very good at all.
Thanks given by:
fondo (03-02-2018), GasmaskAvenger (02-24-2018), TripleHBK (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 07:03 PM   #555

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayrayvf View Post

We apologize for the inconvenience, I'll be honest I'm not sure if all the copies have the same issue. I will request information so we can send you a replacement, they can check the new copy before sent the tittle. Please let me know if you would like a replacement.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,
Cindy
wbshop.com

Thanks for the link I contacted them as well hoping for the best
Old 02-24-2018, 07:18 PM   #556

Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayrayvf View Post

Sincerely,
Cindy
wbshop.com

Thanks dude! Just sent an email.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #557

Feb 2010

A friend of mine showed me his copy and its there. however, i watched mine on 2 sets 2 different players and it's not there. The day he showed me his copy I took mine with me.
after he showed me his copy we put mine in. Still not there. So its not on every copy
Thanks given by:
deltatauhobbit (03-05-2018), Mr. Thomsen (02-25-2018), tommynorcal (02-24-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 09:17 PM   #558
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephga View Post
A friend of mine showed me his copy and its there. however, i watched mine on 2 sets 2 different players and it's not there. The day he showed me his copy I took mine with me.
after he showed me his copy we put mine in. Still not there. So its not on every copy
Yeah, I didnít notice it on my copy either.
Iím interested to see what it looks like, Can anyone post screenshots of the Oval?
Old 02-24-2018, 09:40 PM   #559
Special Member

Feb 2010
St. Paul Minnesota

Can someone who has a copy with "no oval" like upload some stuff
I did tell you...
Old 02-24-2018, 10:22 PM   #560
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Terrible handling. Didn't they even watch the movie before releasing it? It's so very obvious the first 40min in pretty much all dark scenes.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America