Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.92
Mulholland Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Orange Is the New Black: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Far from the Madding Crowd (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Lost in Space (Blu-ray)
$129.99
Love & Mercy (Blu-ray)
$12.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old Yesterday, 04:26 AM   #3501
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2014

I watched Battle of The Gods and found it rather dull but I checked out Super anyway, as what 90s kid doesn't get excited for new DBZ content? Shockingly despite what a big deal Super is, the first episode was insanely pedestrian, like they know people will watch this no matter what they do. It's lucky the DBZ Kai BDs are just about to come out in the UK.
Old Yesterday, 05:36 AM   #3502
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
I watched Battle of The Gods and found it rather dull but I checked out Super anyway, as what 90s kid doesn't get excited for new DBZ content? Shockingly despite what a big deal Super is, the first episode was insanely pedestrian, like they know people will watch this no matter what they do. It's lucky the DBZ Kai BDs are just about to come out in the UK.
What did you find dull about BoG?

And what do you mean by pedestrian about Super's first episode? Do you mean it was slow? Because if so, that is how it should be because it is the first episode. It has to develop the characters and the current time they live in. Nevertheless, it was funny and fun from start to finish. There is nothing to complain about there. Not to mention we get to see Beerus doing his job.
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM   #3503

Nov 2014
Midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
What did you find dull about BoG?

And what do you mean by pedestrian about Super's first episode? Do you mean it was slow? Because if so, that is how it should be because it is the first episode. It has to develop the characters and the current time they live in. Nevertheless, it was funny and fun from start to finish. There is nothing to complain about there. Not to mention we get to see Beerus doing his job.
You mean the characters that have been established in anime since 1985? ;-) I actually thought it was a great episode. That said, I'm wondering why it's taking Funimation so long to license it, or announce their license. If Toei isn't allowing anyone to license it, I'm curious as to why; Viz had the license to Sailor Moon Crystal, another very popular "revival" property, months before it began airing/streaming in Japan.
Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM   #3504

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONPHASE View Post
Well technically Saturday is just the Sneak Peek at the movie during DBZ Kai, but next Tuesday is where the fun really begins.
I have my cinema ticket booked for Saturday

**Edit - Oh boo! it's not till the following Saturday.. August 8th.. I thought it was this weekend. Bummer.
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM   #3505
Special Member

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
Saturday cannot come soon enough!! DBZ on the big screen
Ah, so that's what it was! It just showed as a grey screen on my end because I don't have that crappy Flash installed any more. Hopefully Blu-ray.com gets with the times.

Chris Ayres now reminds me a lot of Little Kuriboh's Freeza and that's awesome! I'm definitely excited to watch the English dub whether on cinemas or on Blu-ray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
It was known that Super is Battle of Gods for TV before the show started to air.
I don't really read Dragon Ball news and whenever I do it's when Kanzenshuu posts updates on Twitter otherwise it completely flies by.

And hey that's a good as the story of Super isn't spoiled for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
Super is a mix of DB and DBZ into one with the modern times too. If there's something I'd ask to be different: No Flash-like animation!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime