Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.92
Mulholland Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Orange Is the New Black: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Far from the Madding Crowd (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Lost in Space (Blu-ray)
$129.99
Love & Mercy (Blu-ray)
$12.96
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Friday the 13th film(s)?
Friday the 13th (1980) 295 24.56%
Friday the 13th Part II 263 21.90%
Friday the 13th Part 3 3D 176 14.65%
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter 384 31.97%
Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning 82 6.83%
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason lives 304 25.31%
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood 114 9.49%
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan 73 6.08%
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday 51 4.25%
Jason X 97 8.08%
Freddy Vs. Jason 117 9.74%
Friday the 13th (2009) 74 6.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1201. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2015, 03:28 PM   #11221

Jan 2014

2015-07-27 10.37.50.jpg
Gotta love that spine, it looks so great sitting on a shelf. Oh, wait...

Last edited by Region_unlocked; 07-27-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Thanks given by:
JaseT (07-27-2015), mar3o (07-27-2015)
Old 07-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #11222
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region_unlocked View Post
Attachment 120379
Gotta love that spine, it looks so great sitting on a shelf. Oh, wait...
I just cut out the 'Friday the 13th complete collection' logo from the bit of paper that come with the iron on patch, and stuck it to the spine.
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (multi-region), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony ultimate remote
Old 07-27-2015, 04:48 PM   #11223
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012
Returning Some Tapes

Random thought... Did anyone here ever end up actually using the Camp Crystal Lake patch? For that matterdoes anyone ever use the extra swag from releases like this? The collector in me won't allow it, but I'm curious if anyone else ever uses the included stuff? I have this set, the original pizza box TMNT set with cap, the video game "Catherine" with boxers etc and all of them sit in their boxes untouched. I know I'm unlikely to ever sell any of this stuff yet I can't bring myself to actually open or use it.
Wanted To Buy:
-Sword in the Stone Slip Cover ($7 Shipped)
-Robin Hood (Disney) (Slip Cover) ($7 Shipped)
(Will Pay $15 Shipped if One Person can send Both Slip Covers)

My 2015 Watched Movies Thread
Old 07-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #11224

Feb 2009
United Kingdom

Apologies if asked before, but will these Double releases get a UK release? The 'Complete Collection' never did, so I'm guessing not
Old 07-27-2015, 06:08 PM   #11225
Expert Member

Apr 2009
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
Random thought... Did anyone here ever end up actually using the Camp Crystal Lake patch? For that matterdoes anyone ever use the extra swag from releases like this? The collector in me won't allow it, but I'm curious if anyone else ever uses the included stuff? I have this set, the original pizza box TMNT set with cap, the video game "Catherine" with boxers etc and all of them sit in their boxes untouched. I know I'm unlikely to ever sell any of this stuff yet I can't bring myself to actually open or use it.
I usually don't touch the extra 'swag'...it mostly just stays in the box. I did however take out all of my Doctor Who seasons from the big collection and put them on the shelf with my other blu's. I then sold the Sonic Screwdriver for $100 on ebay. I would've never used that thing anyway, and the $100 helped off-set the cost of upgrading these seasons to blu.
Thanks given by:
TripleHBK (Yesterday)
Old 07-27-2015, 06:12 PM   #11226
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Sweden

Very happy about the double features coming, I can finally pick these up (all the horror stories about scratched discs in the set scared me off). And as a bonus, I can skip Jason Goes to Hell and the later films if I feel like it.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:56 PM   #11227
Special Member

Jun 2009
Everett, Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor2112 View Post
Like so???

I like this but what about one with art from the disc book itself and maybe the cut sheet for the back? Will these fit a 10 disc case?
Panasonic TH-50PC77U
Magnovox NB500MG9 Blu-ray
Tivo Premiere 500
Pioneer Elite SC-25
Polk CS2
Polk Monitor 60 Series II
Klipsch S3
Polk PSW12
Old 07-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #11228

Dec 2011

Quote:
I keep the book outside of the tin and it's wrapped perfect with the "You're all doomed band". I'm pretty sure that is what it was intended for. I love it.

I use my tin for filing receipts and UV codes, I don't display it anywhere. Every once in a while I tell myself I'm going to add the patch on a shirt, but instead I spin Part IV.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:39 PM   #11229

Apr 2010
Default Jason X and Jason GTH

Any updates does anybody know if they will be releasing Jason X and Jason GTH on blu ray? It looks like that one still isn't up I'm starting to think this is it we will get 10 movies on 5 double feature sets.
Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM   #11230
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
Shropshire, UK
Send a message via MSN to dallywhitty

I watched the remake last night and it's a definite contender for my least favourite in the series, beating out Jason Takes Manhattan. I don't subscribe to the belief that a film needs to have 'likeable' characters, because I can think of plenty of great films with immoral ones, but I at least expect them to be interesting and charismatic. The ones in the Friday the 13th remake were just obnoxious beyond belief. Nice Girl and Supernatural Dude are alright, and Token Asian Guy has a couple of amusing lines, but that's the extent of it. I practically celebrated when folks got killed, although the scenes were so dimly-lit and poorly-shot that it was hard to tell what was going on. Jason had virtually no on-screen presence either. He was just boring. I got the impression that the filmmakers assumed the only reasons people watched the films were sex, drugs and violence and so turned everything up to 11, but they left out the atmosphere and decent characters in the process.

Remake aside, I really had a lot of fun making my way through the box set. I'm a big horror fan so I feel a little dirty having put off watching these for so long (I only watched the original film a few years ago), but I'm glad I finally did. As much as I enjoy the Halloween and Elm Street franchises, they do have a tendency to drag in the middle, especially having started on such a high thanks to the talents of Carpenter and Craven. With the Friday films, I found them more consistent quality-wise and each entry introduced something new and interesting. Whether they were successful or not, I was never bored. Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason Goes to Hell aren't high art but there's still something intriguing and enjoyable about both of them, in stark contrast to their likes of Myers and Freddy where their worst moments consist of the god-awful Halloween: Resurrection and Freddy's Dead, both of which border on unwatchable. Shame the remake had to leave things on a sour note but at least I can ignore it when I inevitably revisit the series.
dallywhitty's faves, ya'll:

Film: Blade Runner --- Director: David Lynch --- Actor: Oliver Reed --- Actress: Nastassja Kinski
Album: Movement by New Order --- Video game: Metal Gear Solid ('98) --- TV show: Twin Peaks
Novel: It by Stephen King --- Comic/graphic novel: Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth by Grant Morrison

Last read: It by Stephen King --- Currently reading: The Stand by Stephen King
Thanks given by:
Lyle_JP (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM   #11231

Oct 2013

Never understood the hate for Friday The 13th (2009). I loved it and I'll always treasure seeing it in a packed theater opening night. It had possibly the best audience reactions I've had seeing a film in theaters. Instead of people making noise and it being a detriment to the film, their reactions and timing were beneficial to the film.

I'll never forget when the opening pre-credits sequence (which is purported to be the longest in film history) ended and the title screen came up, the audience went absolutely wild with how awesome that was, and that was just the beginning.

When
[Show spoiler]the black guy one ups Jason and runs away, the audience cheered. Then Jason walks forward, picks up an axe,
everyone knew what was coming and was yelling for him to run (like a football game).
[Show spoiler]The axe was thrown and then everyone groaned with sorrow. The guy was still crawling, Jason was distracted,
and one guy in the audience was so into the film, just blurts aloud, "Run while you still can."

It's a wonderful modern celebration of the early Friday The 13th films and one of the very best of the franchise.
Thanks given by:
A.O. (Today), cropsy (Yesterday), Davidian (Yesterday), Donnaholic89 (Yesterday), jlk5844 (Yesterday), Jpapp25 (Yesterday), RickWJ324 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM   #11232

Jan 2012

i like every one of the movies, jason takes manhattan is my least favorite, but i have seen worse
Thanks given by:
Xen11 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM   #11233

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
I watched the remake last night and it's a definite contender for my least favourite in the series, beating out Jason Takes Manhattan. I don't subscribe to the belief that a film needs to have 'likeable' characters, because I can think of plenty of great films with immoral ones, but I at least expect them to be interesting and charismatic. The ones in the Friday the 13th remake were just obnoxious beyond belief. Nice Girl and Supernatural Dude are alright, and Token Asian Guy has a couple of amusing lines, but that's the extent of it. I practically celebrated when folks got killed, although the scenes were so dimly-lit and poorly-shot that it was hard to tell what was going on. Jason had virtually no on-screen presence either. He was just boring. I got the impression that the filmmakers assumed the only reasons people watched the films were sex, drugs and violence and so turned everything up to 11, but they left out the atmosphere and decent characters in the process.
Yes!
Characters are insultingly unbearable. And there is nobody sympathetic to counter it (like Tina and her mom in The New Blood vs. Melissa and Dr. Crews).

I was talking to someone who has only seen the remake and she said she doesn't normally watch these types of movies, so she was surprised to find herself cheering for everyone to die.

Last edited by HarrisonJohn; Yesterday at 12:37 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM   #11234

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Arrow

Quote:
My swag usually stays in the box, but I will put it to use occasionally. The first Ultraman Tiga DVD set came with a t-shirt that was worn (this also freed up space in the box for it to hold all four volumes). Figures and such are sometimes displayed on the movie shelf, space permitting. The F13 patch may well be used in a future Halloween costume.
Thanks given by:
TripleHBK (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM   #11235
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xen11 View Post
Never understood the hate for Friday The 13th (2009). I loved it and I'll always treasure seeing it in a packed theater opening night. It had possibly the best audience reactions I've had seeing a film in theaters. Instead of people making noise and it being a detriment to the film, their reactions and timing were beneficial to the film.

I'll never forget when the opening pre-credits sequence (which is purported to be the longest in film history) ended and the title screen came up, the audience went absolutely wild with how awesome that was, and that was just the beginning.

When
[Show spoiler]the black guy one ups Jason and runs away, the audience cheered. Then Jason walks forward, picks up an axe,
everyone knew what was coming and was yelling for him to run (like a football game).
[Show spoiler]The axe was thrown and then everyone groaned with sorrow. The guy was still crawling, Jason was distracted,
and one guy in the audience was so into the film, just blurts aloud, "Run while you still can."

It's a wonderful modern celebration of the early Friday The 13th films and one of the very best of the franchise.
That opening 20 minutes was absolutely priceless. I will give you that. If the whole movie could have held that tone it would have been perfect (I'd even be fine with an all sack-head Jason movie, as that is the Jason I prefer). The characters following that scene are what killed the momentum for me. They were so annoying (well, most of them). I actually liked Jared P. and his sister.
Last Blu-rays bought:

The Town That Dreaded Sundown BB Exclusive (2014)
The Thing Mondo Steelbook (Target Exclusive)

Come to the Blu-Myers Thread!
Thanks given by:
RickWJ324 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #11236
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post

Remake aside, I really had a lot of fun making my way through the box set. I'm a big horror fan so I feel a little dirty having put off watching these for so long (I only watched the original film a few years ago), but I'm glad I finally did. As much as I enjoy the Halloween and Elm Street franchises, they do have a tendency to drag in the middle, especially having started on such a high thanks to the talents of Carpenter and Craven. With the Friday films, I found them more consistent quality-wise and each entry introduced something new and interesting. Whether they were successful or not, I was never bored. Jason Takes Manhattan and Jason Goes to Hell aren't high art but there's still something intriguing and enjoyable about both of them, in stark contrast to their likes of Myers and Freddy where their worst moments consist of the god-awful Halloween: Resurrection and Freddy's Dead, both of which border on unwatchable. Shame the remake had to leave things on a sour note but at least I can ignore it when I inevitably revisit the series.
I actually like the remake (and Manhattan, not so much Hell), but your critiques do make sense. I actually very much agree with your comparison of the big 3 franchises, Friday is the most consistently entertaining and fun for me so that's why I put it on top. Besides the glorious kills and T&A, I just love the camp atmosphere of 1-7. I do love the suburban atmosphere of Halloween and Halloween II but that was never quite recaptured in the films following to my recollection. As for Nightmare, it was inventive but I remember the later sequels being boring often times. I'm really looking forward to rewatching all three series in October though.
Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM   #11237
Power Member

Jun 2007
Sunshine State

I enjoyed the remake but it does have some of the most annoying characters ever put on a Friday the 13th movie.
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM   #11238
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

As franchises go, I rank Halloween slightly higher than Friday because it has more "great" movies than the other. I still love both franchises immensely though.

Great Halloween films: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, RZHII.
Good Halloween films: 5, H20
Bad Halloween films: Resurrection, *RZH

Great Friday films: 1, 2, 4, 6
Good Friday films: 3, 7
Bad Friday films: *5, 8, JGTH, JX, *Remake

* - some parts are actually good
Last Blu-rays bought:

The Town That Dreaded Sundown BB Exclusive (2014)
The Thing Mondo Steelbook (Target Exclusive)

Come to the Blu-Myers Thread!
Old Today, 01:30 AM   #11239
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012
Returning Some Tapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Myers View Post
As franchises go, I rank Halloween slightly higher than Friday because it has more "great" movies than the other. I still love both franchises immensely though.

Great Halloween films: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, RZHII.
Good Halloween films: 5, H20
Bad Halloween films: Resurrection, *RZH

Great Friday films: 1, 2, 4, 6
Good Friday films: 3, 7
Bad Friday films: *5, 8, JGTH, JX, *Remake

* - some parts are actually good
This could be fun...

Great Halloween Films: 1, 2, 4
Good Halloween Films: 3, 5, 6, RZHalloween
Bad Halloween Films: H20, Resurrection, RZHII

Great Friday Films: 1, 4, 6, 7
Good Friday Films: 3, X, Remake
Bad Friday Films: 2, 5, 8, JGTH

Great Elm Street Films: 1, 3, New Nightmare
Good Elm Street films: 2, 4, 5, Freddy Vs Jason
Bad Elm Street Films: 6, Remake

Great Hellraiser Films: 1, 2
Good Hellraiser Films: 3, Bloodlines, Hellseeker,
Bad Hellraiser Films: Inferno, Deader, Hellworld, Revelations

Great Child's Play Films: 1, 2
Good child's Play films: 3, curse
Bad Child's Play Films: Bride, Seed

Great Texas Chainsaw Films: 1
Good Texas Chainsaw Films: Remake, The Begininng, Texas Chainsaw 3D
Bad Texas Chainsaw Films: 2, 3, Next Generation

Great Paranormal Activity Films: 1, 2
Good Paranormal Activity Films: 3, Marked Ones
Bad Paranormal activity Films: 4

Great Leprechaun Films:
Good Leprechaun Films: 1, 2, 3
Bad Leprechaun Films: 4, 5, 6, Origins,

Great SAW films: 1, 2,
Good Saw films: 3, 4
Bad Saw Films: 5, 6, 7
Wanted To Buy:
-Sword in the Stone Slip Cover ($7 Shipped)
-Robin Hood (Disney) (Slip Cover) ($7 Shipped)
(Will Pay $15 Shipped if One Person can send Both Slip Covers)

My 2015 Watched Movies Thread
Thanks given by:
Blu Myers (Today)
Old Today, 02:14 AM   #11240
Expert Member

Mar 2011
Buffalo NY

Great Halloween films-1,2,4
Good Halloween films- 3, H20
Bad Halloween films- 5,6 8

Great Friday's-1,4,6
Good Friday's- 2,3
Bad Friday's- 5,7,8,9,10 remake

The only Nightmare movies I liked were 1,2 and 3.
Escape From New York Scream Factory
It improves upon the A/V quality of the previous MGM Blu-ray, preserves the best of the 2003 DVD extras, and adds great new material too. Donít miss it!
The Digital bits
Thanks given by:
RickWJ324 (Today)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America