Best PS4 Deals

Top PS4 Deals, Cheap PS4 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
LEGO Jurassic World (Blu-ray)
$45.63
Batman: Arkham Knight (Blu-ray)
$49.99
The Evil Within (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mortal Kombat X Kollector's Edition by Coarse (Blu-ray)
$94.38
Need for Speed: Rivals (Blu-ray)
$28.49
The Elder Scrolls Online (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (Blu-ray)
$35.89
FIFA 15 (Blu-ray)
$25.33
Toukiden: Kiwami (Blu-ray)
$50.89
The Order: 1886 (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (Blu-ray)
$38.31
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM   #941
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011
USA

The gray Super Mutant companion in Fallout New Vegas was comical and a tough companion in that game, but he took down a lot of the enemies I wanted HP points for, delaying my leveling up. That's the disadvantage of a companion, unless they level up. Plus they run out of supplies sometimes and require your attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by un4gvn94538 View Post
Not necessarily. I ran around as a vampire long after I got all the perks day or night. Yes you took a hit in stats but it really didn't affect anything imo.
Thanks, I didn't know that was a perk later on. Good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
I'll be flying solo I'll keep the dog at my house if I can though
Quote:
No doesn't appear to be, and yeah if you had the dog attacking people and like fawks with a Gatling laser that would be a little too easy if you had a squad.

One thing that wasn't mentioned here, but was on gamespots video, was the fact that if you take it on solo you'll get perks for doing that. I like being alone i don't want to worry about that dog
Yeah, solo exploration is fun and you don't have to worry about the dog barking and spoiling your cover when scanning ahead.

The companions in Fallout 4 are said to regenerate and never die permanently.
Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM   #942
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardSlayer View Post
The companions were more of a pain than anything, IMO, I only had them to carry my crap. They always ran off and got killed....
Dunno about that. ED-E was pretty much essential early in the game. And Boone was cool to have around too.
You don't look ready
Thanks given by:
Lionel Horsepackage (Today), Omegaice (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM   #943
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Interesting read on the Pip-Boy editions. Wondering if they made that many and it was simply they didn't have the resources to continue to make them, if it'll impact any kind of perceived value if their actually are "a s*it ton" out there.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fal.../1100-6429223/
Fallout 4 Studio Cannot Make Any More Pip-Boy Collector's Editions

Quote:
He continued: "They're being made today, it's not like they're done and sitting in a warehouse. [The factories would tell us,] this is what the yields say. I mean, we don't make [the Pip-Boy Editions], and we'd go back to [the factories] and say, 'Demand for this is insane, we've got to make more.' And they'd move other projects off or shift stuff to other factories and it just came to [them telling Bethesda], 'Final answer: sorry, this is as many as we can make.' And we sold every single one of those that we could."

Hines also told us that Bethesda had ordered a lot of Pip-Boy Editions--so many, in fact, that it eclipsed all other Bethesda limited editions released in the past. "We made a s**tload of Pip-Boys, and we went back and made more, and went back and made more. I keep seeing stuff about, 'Oh, you only did a few thousand." No--we did a ton of these things. I think we did more of these things than we did for any collector's edition we've ever done, ever."
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM   #944
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Interesting read on the Pip-Boy editions. Wondering if they made that many and it was simply they didn't have the resources to continue to make them, if it'll impact any kind of perceived value if their actually are "a s*it ton" out there.
Looks iffy. Usually a company knows ahead of time how many est they can make. The fact it was pulled from Amazon sites after E3 is a huge deal. I just hope they can meet their pre-orders & the same for other stores that gave the pre-order promise.
PSN = derb
Xbox Live = BackfromSanity

2014 Game of the Year - Grand Theft Auto V

PS3 Slim 320GB, PS3 Slim 1TB, PS3 S Slim 500GB, PS Vita 64GB, PS4 1.5TB, Xbox 360 S 250GB, Xbox 360 S 250GB+320GB, Xbox One 4TB WD, Nintendo Wii U 2TB WD, Nintendo 3DS XL 32GB
Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM   #945
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Alabama, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
Dunno about that. ED-E was pretty much essential early in the game. And Boone was cool to have around too.
I don't need the hassle of keeping up with them, I had people go missing too, just a pain. It's not like I need help killing things...so for me, just pack mules. I don't remember enough to know why ed-e was essential though....
PSN = LizardSlayer
Xbox Live = Lizard Slayer

Blu Rayders Clan
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Playstation/805920

Lizard's Current Giveaway - Next one coming soon!
Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM   #946
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
San Diego, Ca.
USA

Quote:
I don't need the hassle of keeping up with them, I had people go missing too, just a pain. It's not like I need help killing things...so for me, just pack mules. I don't remember enough to know why ed-e was essential though....
To each his own then. ED-E had his own special quest line that carried over a large part of the game.
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
Launch Day PS4 1TB FW 2.57
Polk Monitor 50's Mains, CSI A4 Center, RTI A1s & 2 SVS Subs / PSN ID: Omegaice
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM   #947
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
ED-E had great perception and could spot bad guys miles off for starters. And he got a little upgrade quest which was cool (and stops him dying all the time!). All the companion's quests were good actually. Boone was great too. And then there's the pack mule aspect as well.

ED-E was pretty much essential on hardcore mode. And I don't remember having the bugs you describe there either - nothing game-breaking anyway. Played it on the 360 mind.
You don't look ready
Thanks given by:
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM   #948
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

ED-E got stuck inside a vault and eventually disappeared completely from one of my games. My bad for not having a good backup save, as I knew better from Fallout 3.
PSN: jsteinhauer
Avatar: T.O. the Jardine's Parrot. 10 years old.
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #949
Expert Member

Aug 2013
Sugar Land, TX

ED-E disappeared from my game when I went into the town where you have to avoid the incoming mortars. He may have been killed and the game still registered him as my companion. Can't recall exactly how he disappeared. Fortunately I had several game saves and was able to reload. Only lost around an hour or two of game play. I ordered him back to my home and then picked him up after that quest. This was on the 360 version. New Vegas was buggy as hell at launch. I remember it freezing on the loading screen often. Tried clearing the cache and it didn't seem to help much.
"We put liquid paper on a bee, and it died."
Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM   #950
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011
Alabama, USA

I lost lots of companions, the bad part is I wouldn't know where until later sometime. I leave a house or something and they would stay behind, this happened quite a few times. I tend to take these things slow and do every little tiny thing, the result is 1, most of the game is easy and 2, I can't remember half of it, lol. I played 3 on the PS3 the first time, it was literally broken by the end of the main story line, I almost couldn't finish it and it took 20+ tries before I could get through the last mission. Then I picked up the 360 version for the next couple play throughs, it was much better but still had the same issues with companions and things like getting stuck. It wasn't constant or anything, just a pain when you realize that the last hour or two is wasted. I think I did pretty much every quest available....that I could anyway, I think you lose some quests by doing others and stuff like that.
PSN = LizardSlayer
Xbox Live = Lizard Slayer

Blu Rayders Clan
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Playstation/805920

Lizard's Current Giveaway - Next one coming soon!
Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM   #951
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2007
Limbo (Bakersfield, Ca.)

I love how I would travel the wasteland and my companion couldn't follow. They would run the other direction. Unless I followed them to get them back, I wouldn't see them for a very long time if ever.
PSN: un4gvn2 LIVE: un4givn2

SPOOOON!!

My music collection
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #952
Gaming Moderator

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by un4gvn94538 View Post
I love how I would travel the wasteland and my companion couldn't follow. They would run the other direction. Unless I followed them to get them back, I wouldn't see them for a very long time if ever.
That was a big, but fixable issue. In, say, Witcher 3, a follower gets stuck, they magically appear right behind you when you transition an area. Companions should not be subject to AI routefinding outside of a preset radius, but should periodically be programmed just to show up right behind the player character within that radius, if they lag too far behind. Dragon Age 3 was this way. You could walk for miles as if alone, but turn around and there is the party staring at you dumbfounded as to why you stopped to look at them.
PSN: jsteinhauer
Avatar: T.O. the Jardine's Parrot. 10 years old.
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM   #953
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Pre-order up.
PSN = derb
Xbox Live = BackfromSanity

2014 Game of the Year - Grand Theft Auto V

PS3 Slim 320GB, PS3 Slim 1TB, PS3 S Slim 500GB, PS Vita 64GB, PS4 1.5TB, Xbox 360 S 250GB, Xbox 360 S 250GB+320GB, Xbox One 4TB WD, Nintendo Wii U 2TB WD, Nintendo 3DS XL 32GB
Thanks given by:
Omegaice (Today)
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM   #954
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

God new vegas sucks lol I forgot why I didn't like it but its just flat boring... Like I have zero desire to continue on with the 50 kinds of ammo and the this affects that but that affects this aspect of it all... YAWN. Hopefully FO4 will keep you moving forward and feel open but linear in some way.
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
Old Today, 03:18 AM   #955
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
San Diego, Ca.
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post

Pre-order up.
Sweet wallpaper! Too bad the folks who ordered the Pip-Boy edition don't get early access to that

Quote:
God new vegas sucks lol I forgot why I didn't like it but its just flat boring... Like I have zero desire to continue on with the 50 kinds of ammo and the this affects that but that affects this aspect of it all... YAWN. Hopefully FO4 will keep you moving forward and feel open but linear in some way.
Just stop playing it then.
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
Launch Day PS4 1TB FW 2.57
Polk Monitor 50's Mains, CSI A4 Center, RTI A1s & 2 SVS Subs / PSN ID: Omegaice
Old Today, 03:58 AM   #956
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011
USA

Nice wall paper, yes, for the digital version.

I'm still waiting for news on special editions in addition to the collector's edition. Maybe something with a comic book, making of DVD or something like that. But it's very possible the PipBoy Edition is the only special edition from Bethesda. That would be a bummer if that's the only bonus item offered as cool as it looks.

Something that's maybe only 20 bucks more than the regular game price, not in the $100+ range like the pipboy edition.

3 months till October, so who knows if it'll happen.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4