Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
21 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
21 hrs ago
Alien Anthology and Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$19.98

Godzilla 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
17 hrs ago
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$14.99
21 hrs ago
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99

The Wizard of Oz 3D (Blu-ray)
$46.70
8 hrs ago
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$24.99
6 hrs ago
Jersey Boys (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Free Birds (Blu-ray)
$4.99
6 hrs ago
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #3301
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie313 View Post
I just want the Extended Cut of S1 and the Lester version of S2. WB can't seem to realize that releasing them individually would make them so much money.
Man I would pay $25 a piece for digibook versions of Superman and Superman 2, theatrical cuts.
Thanks given by:
AKORIS (11-29-2014), Trekkie313 (11-16-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 12:40 PM   #3302
Power Member

Jun 2007
Sunshine State

I bough the UK set a couple of months ago for around $30 shipped. It's region free and has both cuts of Superman and Superman 2. It's really worth importing. It's a lot cheaper.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:54 PM   #3303

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortiz View Post
I bough the UK set a couple of months ago for around $30 shipped. It's region free and has both cuts of Superman and Superman 2. It's really worth importing. It's a lot cheaper.
let me get this right - other than the price, the UK set is identical to the US set right?

any comments on the packaging etc?
Old 11-29-2014, 06:17 PM   #3304
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2009

It's $17 right now. Get it. The packaging is fine.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #3305

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonic View Post
It's $17 right now. Get it. The packaging is fine.
that's a really really good price. argh.

seems like the US version isn't stocked by Amazon.com too :/ only fulfilled by Amazon
Old 11-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #3306

Oct 2011
Suomi Finland Perkele

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde_devil View Post
Buy the UK version - same stuff, region free and a lot cheaper - less than $25 shipped a month ago. Just might need to wait a bit as they are out of stock right now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o00_s00
Nine pounds!?

Wish I had the foresight to hold out
Old 11-29-2014, 08:37 PM   #3307
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilflare View Post
let me get this right - other than the price, the UK set is identical to the US set right?

any comments on the packaging etc?
The "packaging" sucks - but certainly not to everyone. Further back in the thread are many pix and videos showing the diff. The main hangup for some of us is having those damn warning stickers posted all over the discs and the cases - and the fact that the discs aren't titled (unless you can read teeny, weeny text around the edges - in dim light)! But, the content is the same and many are content with that. Good luck and enjoy!
Epictetus : "A man should ... be prepared to be sufficient unto himself ..."
Memphis : But far more fortunate are those lucky few who are truly loved.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:00 AM   #3308
Expert Member

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Just ordered mine. Been waiting to get this for years. Perfect timing on this to. I just finished building my brand new PC, complete with Blu-ray player and burner. Now it's time to burn those copies of S2, fire up the editing software, and make an HD edit of my preferred fan edit version of S2 using what I feel are the best scenes from both versions. God I'm so excited!!!
Old 12-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #3309

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden389 View Post
Just ordered mine. Been waiting to get this for years. Perfect timing on this to. I just finished building my brand new PC, complete with Blu-ray player and burner. Now it's time to burn those copies of S2, fire up the editing software, and make an HD edit of my preferred fan edit version of S2 using what I feel are the best scenes from both versions. God I'm so excited!!!
I thought you had them on blu-ray already??
Panasonic TX-P50GT30B, Sony STR-DH810, Sony BDP-S480
Old 12-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #3310
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Why can't you just sit down, and watch the movie as it is, (like everybody else in the world) instead of going through all that rigmarole of trying to re-edit it? It'll save you a lot of unnecessary work. Watching movies is not suppose to be a chore, or a task, unless you're a professional film editor, who work in the movie industry, and getting paid for it! Re-editing your own movies at home before you watch them is extreme. You're the only one in the world, who does this because, nobody else have the time, nor the interest to do it. They like watching movies the easy way (like me).

Last edited by slimdude; 12-05-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #3311
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

Quote:
I just got a burner as well (Samsung SE-506CB). I've made 3 Halloween edits so far (1-2, 6, and Zombie's H2). Let me know when yours is complete.
Sh*t Earl...it's Ted Holister.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #3312
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

People have fun in different ways, Slim. Why question it?
Epictetus : "A man should ... be prepared to be sufficient unto himself ..."
Memphis : But far more fortunate are those lucky few who are truly loved.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:06 AM   #3313
Expert Member

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin View Post
I thought you had them on blu-ray already??
Nope. Anything I've said about the movies regarding picture quality in the past was based on comparison videos/pics.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:10 AM   #3314
Expert Member

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Why can't you just sit down, and watch the movie as it is, (like everybody else in the world) instead of going through all that rigmarole of trying to re-edit it? It'll save you a lot of unnecessary work. Watching movies is not suppose to be a chore, or a task, unless you're a professional film editor in the movie industry, and getting paid for it!
Why is the sky blue? lol.

I'm an editor. It's what I do and enjoy doing. To me, this is the adult version of playing with my toys. I also find joy in being able to change movies, or use them for different context, be it music videos, or re-editing trailers to change the genre of the film (recut trailers are all over youtube).

So no, it isn't unnecessary, nor is it work. It's not a chore,or task. I may not be getting paid for it, but I get more out of doing it than just money.

I don't expect everyone to understand this underground group of people who do this sorta thing. We're obviously obsessed lol. But man do I enjoy so many movies so much more now that I don't simply have to sit down and watching the movie as is. I can enjoy all the movies that have been picked apart, and can watch them as they should be.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:10 AM   #3315

May 2013
Los Angeles, USA

Thanks for the tip on the great UK deal. Just got it for $17 including shipping to the US.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #3316
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Why is the sky blue? lol.

I'm an editor. It's what I do and enjoy doing. To me, this is the adult version of playing with my toys. I also find joy in being able to change movies, or use them for different context, be it music videos, or re-editing trailers to change the genre of the film (recut trailers are all over youtube).

So no, it isn't unnecessary, nor is it work. It's not a chore,or task. I may not be getting paid for it, but I get more out of doing it than just money.

I don't expect everyone to understand this underground group of people who do this sorta thing. We're obviously obsessed lol. But man do I enjoy so many movies so much more now that I don't simply have to sit down and watching the movie as is. I can enjoy all the movies that have been picked apart, and can watch them as they should be.
Until that bolded part, I was all like...

But then I was all like...

HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884

Last edited by Petra_Kalbrain; 12-02-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #3317
Expert Member

Oct 2013
Brooklyn NY

Alright alright. I'll disclaimer: As they should be FOR ME, lol. I like that I can watch a movie that, as is, is a 3/10, but a fan edit can get it up to a 5 or 6. Or a 5/6 outta 10 to a 7 or 8. Or in the case of Superman 2, a 8/10 to a perfect 10/10.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
superman