Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.95
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$54.49
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Transformers: Age of Extinction 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray)
$35.99
Society (Blu-ray)
$25.29
Justified: The Complete Final Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Cat Returns (Blu-ray)
$25.89
The Wire: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Moonrise Kingdom (Blu-ray)
$35.96
The Last Five Years (Blu-ray)
$12.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 04-16-2015, 09:12 PM   #1401
Power Member

Dec 2014
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyname View Post
Just began collecting steel steelbooks, I'm getting the play.com Raid SB and want to keep it in pristine condition.

Other than keeping it in a sealed sleeve/wrapper, what would be the best thing? Assume I would constantly take it in and out as.
I think it's a matter of opinion - you will probably get many collectors to chime in here. But I'm honestly starting to think it's best to leave them bare so nothing rubs or scratches them and to just handle them carefully.
Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM   #1402

Apr 2015
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by redphoenix View Post
I think it's a matter of opinion - you will probably get many collectors to chime in here. But I'm honestly starting to think it's best to leave them bare so nothing rubs or scratches them and to just handle them carefully.
Leaving them bare… Urgh I dunno it just feels so…. Bare? Lol. Especially putting them in a bookshelf I'm scared it will definitely scratch
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #1403
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA

Quote:
Leaving them bare… Urgh I dunno it just feels so…. Bare? Lol. Especially putting them in a bookshelf I'm scared it will definitely scratch
Go back to here http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1281 and read forward a couple pages and you should get most of the info you need.
Thanks given by:
itsmyname (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM   #1404
Special Member

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by redphoenix View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjasoncul View Post
Go back to here http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1281 and read forward a couple pages and you should get most of the info you need.
I've scratched a few of mine just opening them. They will get damaged from shelf ware just leave them sealed until you get something to put them in
Looking to sell or trade UK HMV Enders Game.
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM   #1405

Apr 2015
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperuk View Post
I've scratched a few of mine just opening them. They will get damaged from shelf ware just leave them sealed until you get something to put them in
Such as?
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM   #1406
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2010

Quote:
Such as?
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....8#post10433998

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....9#post10439149

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....8#post10439158

These three posts show great examples of the fully covered sleeves. That's the best protection you can get. SteelbookCentral is UK based I believe so that might be your best bet

Jude72 gives some more options here for different types of packagings
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM   #1407

Apr 2012
Germany

He is selling protectors for steelbooks and blufans / Kimchi releases with slipcase and lenticular

http://www.ebay.de/itm/25x-Fullclose...item3f49f75095
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #1408

Apr 2015
London, UK

Quote:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....8#post10433998

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....9#post10439149

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....8#post10439158

These three posts show great examples of the fully covered sleeves. That's the best protection you can get. SteelbookCentral is UK based I believe so that might be your best bet

Jude72 gives some more options here for different types of packagings
Yeah after some reading SC may be the way to go, despite some users having bad customer service from em and saying that Blu-Steels perhaps may be better quality; BS shipping is just too much for me.

Now to decide between SC1 and SCF2 if I want fully enclosed, or SC2 and SC3. I was under the impression fully enclosed steelbooks sealed all sides and it made it impossible to take in and out when you wanted, which obviously isn't the case.

What are the differences between SC1/SCF2 and SC2/SC3
Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM   #1409
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2010

Quote:
Yeah after some reading SC may be the way to go, despite some users having bad customer service from em and saying that Blu-Steels perhaps may be better quality; BS shipping is just too much for me.

Now to decide between SC1 and SCF2 if I want fully enclosed, or SC2 and SC3. I was under the impression fully enclosed steelbooks sealed all sides and it made it impossible to take in and out when you wanted, which obviously isn't the case.

What are the differences between SC1/SCF2 and SC2/SC3
Yeah, the fully enclosed still have a flap that you can open and retrieve them when you want to. I think the difference between them is basically the thickness. Some will fit naked steels better where sealed steels wouldn't go in. Others fit sealed steels better where naked steels would have too much room to move around. Those posts should show the differences. I don't have any direct dealing with SC Sleeves
Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM   #1410

Apr 2015
London, UK

Quote:
Yeah, the fully enclosed still have a flap that you can open and retrieve them when you want to. I think the difference between them is basically the thickness. Some will fit naked steels better where sealed steels wouldn't go in. Others fit sealed steels better where naked steels would have too much room to move around. Those posts should show the differences. I don't have any direct dealing with SC Sleeves
Ah right thanks

Now to get over my fear of a scratch being causes by sliding the SB in and out of the sleeves
Old Today, 12:07 AM   #1411

Aug 2013
Los Angeles

I'm assuming SCF2's will fit HDzeta's that have the books within the slips?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks