Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Flesh + Blood (Blu-ray)
£10.00

The Blue Dahlia (Blu-ray)
£8.99

The Transformers: The Movie (Blu-ray)
£9.99
8 hrs ago
Force of Evil (Blu-ray)
£8.99
4 hrs ago
Montparnasse 19 (Blu-ray)
£8.99

One-Eyed Jacks (Blu-ray)
£8.99

Journeyman (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Eyeball (Blu-ray)
£14.99

The Glass Key (Blu-ray)
£8.99

The Legend of the Holy Drinker (Blu-ray)
£8.99

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
£13.99
8 hrs ago
Too Late for Tears (Blu-ray)
£8.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 06-29-2016, 12:42 PM   #2001
Power Member

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post

Was a little indifferent about A Pigeon, but I've been meaning to watch You the Living for some time now. Are the transfers as bad as some have said? Want to get it for A Swedish Love Story at least.
A Swedish Love Story looks good. The others are rather ropey sadly. I think you may feel the same about the other two films if you weren't fond of Pigeon, but at £20, it's probably the cheapest you'll pick it up barring a quick sale on eBay and A Swedish Love story is a charming little film. Shame it never came out individually, as it is quite different from Andersson's later work.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:46 PM   #2002
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntauk View Post
A Swedish Love Story looks good. The others are rather ropey sadly. I think you may feel the same about the other two films if you weren't fond of Pigeon, but at £20, it's probably the cheapest you'll pick it up barring a quick sale on eBay and A Swedish Love story is a charming little film. Shame it never came out individually, as it is quite different from Andersson's later work.
Yeah, I'd definitely buy it separately. The other films feel like more of a gamble, especially since I didn't hugely warm to A Pigeon in the end (after all the hype surrounding it).

I wonder if we lobby AE, they might consider giving A Swedish Love Story a standalone release. It wouldn't do any harm - they'd just have to reissue the disc. Perhaps they should've done it in the first place, in hind-sight, alongside the standalone release of A Pigeon (and just done without the other two).
Old 06-29-2016, 09:12 PM   #2003
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Just saw this, by the way:

Will Artificial Eye finally release it then? Looks like the restoration is finished now!
Old 06-29-2016, 10:39 PM   #2004
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands
Send a message via AIM to mattyl149

Quote:
Just saw this, by the way:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LciQ1A5PvLI

Will Artificial Eye finally release it then? Looks like the restoration is finished now!
I'm still waiting for Au Hasard Balthazar
Poundland Blu-ray wishlist:

Hemlock Grove - Season 1***Jon Richardson - Nidiot***Talladega Nights - The Legend Of Ricky Bobby***Payback Season***Brick Mansions*** Spy***Patch Adams***Tower Heist***The Boy***Flowers Of War***Hologram For The King ***Snoopy And Charlie Brown***Legend Of The Millennium Dragon***Final Recall***The Promised Land***The Game***I Am Bolt***Forsaken***Army Of One***
Old 06-29-2016, 10:41 PM   #2005
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyl149 View Post
I'm still waiting for Au Hasard Balthazar
I actually want that one even more, but one out of two would still be good news.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:33 PM   #2006
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Amazon UK has The François Truffaut Collection down to 19.99 GBP. That's an amazing deal for 8 classic films. Amazon states it ships in 10-13 days.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Fr...lu-ray/114560/

Credit to Edward J Grug III
Thanks given by:
Edward J Grug III (07-02-2016)
Old 07-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #2007
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Amazon UK has The François Truffaut Collection down to 19.99 GBP. That's an amazing deal for 8 classic films. Amazon states it ships in 10-13 days.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Fr...lu-ray/114560/

Credit to Edward J Grug III
It's been that price for a while I thought? Was at HMV anyway...at least for the last 6 months, maybe longer.

Apparently some of the AE sets are as little as £15 in Fopp. Jealous of anyone who can get to one in time, but I wonder if HMV online will match the same price (and then Amazon would probably do the same).
Old 07-01-2016, 05:03 PM   #2008
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
It's been that price for a while I thought? Was at HMV anyway...at least for the last 6 months, maybe longer.

Apparently some of the AE sets are as little as £15 in Fopp. Jealous of anyone who can get to one in time, but I wonder if HMV online will match the same price (and then Amazon would probably do the same).
Not on Amazon UK as far as I know. Member Edward J. Grug III just posted it in the Criterion US thead yesterday, and the deals banner for the site shows it as a new drop, as does CCC:

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Fran%C...uct/B00O92NM4G

I haven't seen any of the films in the set, but for the price I thought it's definitely worth a blind-buy.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:35 PM   #2009
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Ah fair enough. I would've got it had I not already bought a handful of the titles. Learnt my lesson from AE now!

Might get the Atom Egoyan set soon though, even if Exotica has a disappointing transfer.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:40 PM   #2010
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

I was wondering why The 400 Blows wasn't included, but I see there's an entire Doinel set too from AE. Hopefully that drops to a more reasonable price at Amazon, as I'd like to have that set as well. I see it's also 19.99 at HMV (and perhaps 15 at Fopp?)
Old 07-01-2016, 05:45 PM   #2011

May 2014
Manchester, UK

Quote:
I was wondering why The 400 Blows wasn't included, but I see there's an entire Doinel set too from AE. Hopefully that drops to a more reasonable price at Amazon, as I'd like to have that set as well. I see it's also 19.99 at HMV (and perhaps 15 at Fopp?)
It is indeed £15 at Fopp at the moment.
Thanks given by:
MifuneFan (07-01-2016)
Old 07-01-2016, 07:36 PM   #2012
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Yeah annoyingly that was the first of their Truffaut titles I bought separately...and then they announced a box set. Might get them separately but not sure if I want all of the Doinel titles.

Obviously makes sense to get it for that price though if you don't have any of them. I paid £12.99 for The 400 Blows alone!
Old 07-02-2016, 03:27 AM   #2013
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

The Beat That My Heart Skipped is currently 7.29 at base.com
Old 07-02-2016, 08:59 AM   #2014
Expert Member

Feb 2014

Quote:
Yeah annoyingly that was the first of their Truffaut titles I bought separately...and then they announced a box set. Might get them separately but not sure if I want all of the Doinel titles.

Obviously makes sense to get it for that price though if you don't have any of them. I paid £12.99 for The 400 Blows alone!
I really would recommend the Doinel set should it come down in price, Stolen Kisses & Bed & Board are just wonderful. The latter featuring the Antoine et Colette short, the unofficial follow up to The 400 Blows.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:55 PM   #2015
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Was looking on Zavvi the other day and came across a few Artificial Eye box sets that seem to be coming up. Whilst the first two seem pretty ordinary (all titles released separately before), the third set might interest some people. Please note that these titles haven't been confirmed yet, but corroborating both the Amazon and Zavvi listings I'm 99% sure these are correct:

Artificial Eye 40th Anniversary Collection, Volume 1: British Film - August 22nd
45 Years (Andrew Haigh)
The Deep Blue Sea (Terence Davies)
Fish Tank (Andrea Arnold)*
We Need to Talk About Kevin (Lynne Ramsay)

Artificial Eye 40th Anniversary Collection, Volume 2: Oscar Winners - September 12th
A Separation (Asghar Farhadi)
The Great Beauty (Paolo Sorrentino)
Ida (Pawel Pawlikowski)
Amour (Michael Haneke)

Artificial Eye 40th Anniversary Collection, Volume 3: Palme d'Or Winners - September 26th
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days (Cristian Mungiu)
Blue is the Warmest Colour (Abdel Kechiche)
The Class (Laurent Cantet)
The White Ribbon (Michael Haneke)

Obviously those two in bold are of particular interest as they haven't been release on Blu-ray in the UK yet. I hope they release them separately too so that we can avoid having to repurchase the other two titles...then again, Artificial Eye have done this before with some of their box sets (Andersson, Carax, Mizoguchi, Bergman).

*Could also be Wuthering Heights, but Fish Tank is more likely.

**Could also be Amour, but I doubt they'd repeat the same title across two different sets.
Thanks given by:
BobbyMcGee (07-06-2016), FinnishFilmFan (07-07-2016), Foggy (07-06-2016)
Old 07-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #2016

Jul 2015
Finland

Quote:
Was looking on Zavvi the other day and came across a few Artificial Eye box sets that seem to be coming up. Whilst the first two seem pretty ordinary (all titles released separately before), the third set might interest some people. Please note that these titles haven't been confirmed yet, but corroborating both the Amazon and Zavvi listings I'm 99% sure these are correct:

Artificial Eye 40th Anniversary Collection, Volume 1: British Film - August 22nd
45 Years (Andrew Haigh)

Artificial Eye 40th Anniversary Collection, Volume 2: Oscar Winners - September 12th
Ida (Pawel Pawlikowski)
Amour (Michael Haneke)

Artificial Eye 40th Anniversary Collection, Volume 3: Palme d'Or Winners - September 26th

Obviously those two in bold are of particular interest as they haven't been release on Blu-ray in the UK yet. I hope they release them separately too so that we can avoid having to repurchase the other two titles...then again, Artificial Eye have done this before with some of their box sets (Andersson, Carax, Mizoguchi, Bergman).

**Could also be Amour, but I doubt they'd repeat the same title across two different sets.
Nice, deffinitely in for the third set if those really are the titles
Old 07-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #2017
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnishFilmFan View Post
Nice, deffinitely in for the third set if those really are the titles
Almost certain they will be. The only other thing I can think of is that they're releasing even more titles to Blu-ray, and they're just films by British filmmakers, Oscar winners and Palme d'Or winners. But then again, they don't have the rights to most films from some of these directors (e.g. Andrew Haigh, Lynne Ramsay etc), so I doubt it.

Again, I hope they decide to release 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days separately on Blu-ray. Or maybe even a Mungiu set or a Romanian New Wave collection.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:51 PM   #2018
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
UK

Quote:

45 Years (Andrew Haigh)

Ida (Pawel Pawlikowski)
Amour (Michael Haneke)

Of course I already own one film in each of the sets.

I'll probably pick up the third set for sure, maybe the second set, if they swapped out Amour for Son of Saul it'd be a day one..
Old 07-08-2016, 09:19 PM   #2019
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Curzon Artificial Eye: Andrei Tarkovsky's Solaris and Stalker Blu-ray Releases Detailed

NEWS/TRAILER
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=19388

Quote:
Independent British distributors Curzon Artificial Eye have detailed their upcoming Blu-ray releases of Andrei Tarkovsky's films Solaris and Stalker. The two releases will be available for purchase this August.

Stalker

Deep within the Zone, a bleak and devastated forbidden landscape, lies a mysterious room with the power to grant the deepest wishes of those strong enough to make the hazardous journey there. Desperate to reach it, a scientist and a writer approach the Stalker, one of the few able to navigate the Zone's menacing terrain, and begin a dangerous trek into the unknown.

Adapted from Arkady & Boris Sturgatsky's novel 'Roadside Picnic', Andrei Tarkovsky's second foray into science fiction after Solaris is a surreal and disturbing vision of the future. Hauntingly exploring man's dreams and desires as well as the consequences of realising them, Stalker has been described as one of the greatest sci-fi films of all time.

Special Features:

Andrei Tarkovsky's metaphysical dream zone part 5: selected scene commentary by Mary Wild
Andrei Tarkovsky's metaphysical dream zone: an introduction by Mary Wild
Interview with cinematographer Aleksandr Knyazhinsky
Interview with set designer Rashit Safiullin
40-page illustrated booklet

STREET DATE: AUGUST 22.

Solaris

On a space station orbiting the ocean-covered planet Solaris, cosmonaut Kris Kelvin arrives to investigate a series of mysterious and bizarre occurrences among the crew. What he discovers are supernatural phenomena that cause repressed and haunting memories to take on physical form, including that of Kelvin's late wife. Through her, Kelvin attempts to communicate with the forces responsible which appear to be emanating from the mysterious planet itself.

Director Andrei Tarkovsky transcends the normal conventions of the science fiction genre, resulting in a moving and unsettling vision of memory and humanity which has often been compared to Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. Special Features:

Andrei Tarkovsky's metaphysical dream zone part 3 : selected scene commentary by Mary Wild
Andrei Tarkovsky's metaphysical dream zone: an introduction by Mary Wild
Interview with Natalia Bondarchuk
Donatas Banionis featurette
40-page illustrated booklet

STREET DATE: AUGUST 8.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #2020
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Of course I already own one film in each of the sets.

I'll probably pick up the third set for sure, maybe the second set, if they swapped out Amour for Son of Saul it'd be a day one..
Yeah, I have 2 from the first set (and plan on getting 45 Years at some point), 3 from the second, and one from the third. I think it'll be a similar case for most people who a) have a Blu-ray player and b) were aware of Artificial Eye before now. That's why I'm hoping they release the two that haven't been on Blu-ray before as separate editions, and if not then I'll have to just buy that one set eventually.
Thanks given by:
Foggy (07-08-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Tags
arthouse, artificial eye, foreign film, independent film