Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Jurassic Park Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.33
Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.88
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.00
The Lion of Judah 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Ocean Predators 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.98
Pixels 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.65
Spiders 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.95
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 09-09-2017, 04:39 AM   #1061
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2013
Playboy Mansion, Beverly Hills, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckyllr View Post
GASP! I just watched A Turtle's Tale for the first time and wow, what a incredible movie in 3D. Everyone should have this one in their 3D library. Since I have the region 2 version, I had to wait till I could watch it and that was tonight. This is what 3D is all about. I don't even care about the story because there is so many amazing pop outs that are right in your face. My kids and I had such a good time with it. Get it now of you don't have it.

What did you think of the snake scene?
Old 09-11-2017, 05:07 AM   #1062

Oct 2009
GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed2012 View Post
What did you think of the snake scene?
That was really great. I thought it would come out of my tv. There were other great moments like that all thru the movie. I'm about to watch Turtles 2 as well as Wild Life and will let you know how those were.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #1063

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckyllr View Post
That was really great. I thought it would come out of my tv. There were other great moments like that all thru the movie. I'm about to watch Turtles 2 as well as Wild Life and will let you know how those were.

sammys adventures 2 has even better pop outs- there is a bit where a sailor swipes at a seagull and his hand comes out the screen, it is 4 foot into the lounge when you pause it, just staggeringly good
Old 12-08-2017, 03:20 PM   #1064
Power Member

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanDrakeFan View Post
You actually prefer the gimmicky pop out 3d shit as opposed added depth to the image? You know, the thing about 3d that isn't a gimmick, that actually immerses the viewer
I have to disagree with the people who call the popouts as gimmicks. It is part of 3D. I have never seen it as a gimmick or something that cheapens a film. My first preference is that the entire movie has great depth, but popouts to me are just part of the fun and when one comes along in a film, I don't think to myself how gimmicky it is, I find it a wonderful addition.
Thanks given by:
ckenisell (12-08-2017), EVERRET (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 04:46 PM   #1065

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Siegel View Post
I have to disagree with the people who call the popouts as gimmicks. It is part of 3D. I have never seen it as a gimmick or something that cheapens a film. My first preference is that the entire movie has great depth, but popouts to me are just part of the fun and when one comes along in a film, I don't think to myself how gimmicky it is, I find it a wonderful addition.
have you seen robinson crusoe 3d, house of magic?

amazing
Old 12-09-2017, 04:47 AM   #1066
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

With any new technology, people overuse it at first and then they learn to really master its use.

Remember AVATAR, the movie that kicked off this latest 3D phase? That wasn't a movie with pop-outs or in-your-face pies or yo-yos or whatever. It was totally immersive and it was quite brilliant of Cameron to have designed his movie in such a way that you could feel immersed in a new world.

What helped was that Cameron could actually tell an engaging story. Another thing that helped was that he was in a jungle environment with lots and lots of 3D layers to make it a very rich 3D environment. It wouldn't have had the same impact if it was in a desert or in space. There are a lot of things that Cameron did right that made an entire planet welcome 3D.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:11 AM   #1067

Jul 2017
england

journey to the centre of the earth, brilliant
Old 12-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #1068

Aug 2008
Tucson, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentevil3d View Post
journey to the centre of the earth, brilliant
5/5 3D, 5/5 pop-outs. The movie itself, not so brilliant. But it's a fun popcorn movie for the family, and a great 3D to show off the format. A must have for any 3D collection.
"The next time you got nothin' to do, and lots of time to do it, come up and see me." Mae West
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico
Rango: "Is this heaven?" Spirit of the West: "If it were, we'd be eatin' pop tarts with Kim Novak."
”Conscience. That stuff... that stuff will drive you nuts.” Terry, On the Waterfront
"Anybody not wearing two million sunscreen is gonna have a really bad day." Sarah Connor
"Hey kid, it ain't that kind of movie." Harrison Ford
Old 12-23-2017, 03:59 PM   #1069

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysagon View Post
5/5 3D, 5/5 pop-outs. The movie itself, not so brilliant. But it's a fun popcorn movie for the family, and a great 3D to show off the format. A must have for any 3D collection.

yeah I never fancied it at all until I read the comments about the 3D on here

makes a mockery of some newer films, it is an experience!

ordered the sequel off the back of seeing it
Old 12-23-2017, 08:52 PM   #1070

Dec 2017

I have the C6 and when someone wants to "see it" I start with 4K which they find mesmerizing (Planet Earth 2 4K in HDR), but 3D is what blows minds. I love seeing people's faces when the glasses intercept the screen. Pure awe...I tend to show Madagascar 3 first at about 1hr mark with the neon circus scene...contrast, color, 3D, sound is simply magic on the C6 (I do have the SJ9 sound bar). In case you haven't seen it and scold it for being the third installment of a cartoon, think again. I find it to be actually pretty watchable and entertaining specifically for mature kids .
Thanks given by:
kurosawa (12-23-2017)
Old 12-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #1071

Aug 2008
Tucson, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysafter View Post
I have the C6 and when someone wants to "see it" I start with 4K which they find mesmerizing (Planet Earth 2 4K in HDR), but 3D is what blows minds. I love seeing people's faces when the glasses intercept the screen. Pure awe...I tend to show Madagascar 3 first at about 1hr mark with the neon circus scene...contrast, color, 3D, sound is simply magic on the C6 (I do have the SJ9 sound bar). In case you haven't seen it and scold it for being the third installment of a cartoon, think again. I find it to be actually pretty watchable and entertaining specifically for mature kids .
Yes. Madagascar 3 is one of my favorite and best 3D BDs to show off the format. Outstanding 3D... colorful with lots of pop-outs. Hilarious with humor for all ages.
"The next time you got nothin' to do, and lots of time to do it, come up and see me." Mae West
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico
Rango: "Is this heaven?" Spirit of the West: "If it were, we'd be eatin' pop tarts with Kim Novak."
”Conscience. That stuff... that stuff will drive you nuts.” Terry, On the Waterfront
"Anybody not wearing two million sunscreen is gonna have a really bad day." Sarah Connor
"Hey kid, it ain't that kind of movie." Harrison Ford
Thanks given by:
dannysafter (12-26-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #1072

Dec 2017
Batavia, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysagon View Post
Yes. Madagascar 3 is one of my favorite and best 3D BDs to show off the format. Outstanding 3D... colorful with lots of pop-outs. Hilarious with humor for all ages.
The Penguin Pillow Fight scene is awesome on my system. I have an ottoman in the room 7-feet from the screen that feathers appear to fall on during that scene. Amazing.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:23 AM   #1073
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysafter View Post
I have the C6 and when someone wants to "see it" I start with 4K which they find mesmerizing (Planet Earth 2 4K in HDR), but 3D is what blows minds. I love seeing people's faces when the glasses intercept the screen. Pure awe...I tend to show Madagascar 3 first at about 1hr mark with the neon circus scene...contrast, color, 3D, sound is simply magic on the C6.
Touché; you've just said something that I too witnessed first-hand with random friends.
It's not that 3D is special, it's not that 4K is brilliant, it's nothing more than people friends being blown away, without forcing anything.

I love the effect that Tron: Legacy 3D have on people...visually and auditory.
And there is no pop-out here, except for the soundtrack.
The film even starts in 2D.

It's a moving experience, very.
~ Bob
You may not: Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Web Sites.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies