Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Patema Inverted (Blu-ray)
$22.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #541

Dec 2013

Has anyone who mailed in their disc received the corrected copy? I received a $10 gift certificate via email earlier this week, but the correct disc itself hasn't yet arrived.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #542
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi92 View Post
Has anyone who mailed in their disc received the corrected copy? I received a $10 gift certificate via email earlier this week, but the correct disc itself hasn't yet arrived.
I came here to ask the same exact question.

I mailed my disc out a couple of weeks ago and I received the $10 gift certificate this past Wednesday. I just checked my mailbox for the disc to no avail. I am hoping that it arrives by Monday, but who knows.
La double vie de moi.
iScottie's Storefront
Old 10-19-2014, 04:34 AM   #543
Special Member

Jan 2014
France

I haven't had a reply from Jon Mulvaney since I emailed him photos as proof of purchase of my disc on the second of October.
Drink up, Mr. innocent. Drink. Everybody's innocent here. There's only one guilty party...and that's me.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #544

Apr 2011
by the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
I haven't had a reply from Jon Mulvaney since I emailed him photos as proof of purchase of my disc on the second of October.
That's quite a while, I think 3 days was my down time for my 1st email and his reply. That might have been in the mass of emails that pertained to the bronzing. Maybe send another email with a heading about Eraserhead.

My email subject was "Eraserhead and Carlos Disc Replacement"
Thanks given by:
AlexIlDottore (10-19-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 09:05 PM   #545

Oct 2011

I haven't bought this yet.
If I place an order now on amazon (US) will I get a corrected copy yet? (I'm in the UK).
Old 10-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #546

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
Did your email include your address? It's possible they just sent the replacement and never replied.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #547
Special Member

Jan 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPMA View Post
Did your email include your address? It's possible they just sent the replacement and never replied.
It did indeed, as the email contained a copy of my Amazon receipt. Maybe they sent the replacement without replying.

I did re contact Jon Mulvaney yesterday, so hopefully I'll get a reply soon.
Drink up, Mr. innocent. Drink. Everybody's innocent here. There's only one guilty party...and that's me.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #548

Apr 2011
by the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkrag View Post
If I place an order now on amazon (US) will I get a corrected copy yet? (I'm in the UK).
Hard to say. The packaging has been the same for the new copies. No noting of 2nd Printing on package. I was in a MovieStop and they pulled 3 new copies out yesterday. No notes on theirs either, stickers, nothing to acknowledge a fixed disc. I'd still give it a little while before ordering.

OR

Have someone on here order it during the 50% sale @ BN next month and ship it to you if it is fixed. It'd be less expensive then and more likely a fixed disc.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:27 PM   #549

Mar 2011

Today I received my corrected edition blu-ray of Eraserhead along with the 10.00 gift certificate. So if you haven't got it I imagine it'll be waiting for you in the mailbox or you'll get in within the week.
Thanks given by:
dsman71 (10-21-2014)
Old 10-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #550
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
San Jose, CA

My corrected disc came in this past Saturday. Haven't had time to watch it as of yet.

My gift coupon was in my email box last Thursday. I was never notified that my disc shipped though.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:24 AM   #551

Apr 2014

I sent an email inquiry last Wednesday and did not receive a response as of yet. I sent another email this morning. I've checked my spam folder and no response there either.

Wondering if I should send an email to one of the other departments just to get the process moving.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #552
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
It was $1.90, plus $1 for a two-pack of bubble mailers, in my book a bit more than nothing, and their concession self-aggrandizingly forces me to buy direct from them. In the big scheme of things, no biggie. I used to regularly drop $40+ on LaserDiscs, so $30 + $2.90 in unforeseen shipping costs isn't gonna kill me, but it's still a sh!tty way to set up an exchange program (compare it to Warner Bros.', or Anchor Bay's present one for HALLOWEEN 4, wherein they never even request return of the defective disc in the first place).
Why would you use a bubble mailer to send a disc that they're going to destroy? Should've sent it in a plain envelope. That's what I did for Carlos and White, and it cost practically nothing, even sending in two discs.

If you don't want the "self-aggrandizing" Criterion store credit, you can send it my way.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #553
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion138 View Post
Why would you use a bubble mailer to send a disc that they're going to destroy? Should've sent it in a plain envelope. That's what I did for Carlos and White, and it cost practically nothing, even sending in two discs.
Every plain envelope I came across was too narrow for the disc to fit. Found myself at a Dollar Tree and said, "F*** it, I'll just get one of these over-the-top bubble envelopes."
Old 10-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #554
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdaniels View Post
Today I received my corrected edition blu-ray of Eraserhead along with the 10.00 gift certificate. So if you haven't got it I imagine it'll be waiting for you in the mailbox or you'll get in within the week.
When did you receive the gift certificate?

It's been almost a week since a $10 code was waiting in my e-mail but still no disc.
La double vie de moi.
iScottie's Storefront
Old 10-21-2014, 04:46 PM   #555
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

I got a reply from Jon saying they did receive them and they are being mailed out; depending on location some will get theirs sooner than others..
and it comes with a 10.00 gift certificate too, interesting

Who is Jon anyway, is he the acquisitions guy, the PR guy ?
Old 10-21-2014, 04:46 PM   #556
Special Member

Jan 2014
France

Got home to find my replacement disc waiting for me
Old 10-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #557

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkrag View Post
No because Amazon is still selling the faulty disc. They didn't pull the stock which would have been the right thing to do
Old 10-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #558
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
San Jose, CA

I watched the entire main presentation again this morning. Scene is now corrected. But I never noticed that there wasn't any Chapter breaks before?

Also I checked the self calibration feature. I personally felt it went a bit low on the brightness setting. My set is calibrated but I went 5 steps down from where the calibrator had it set.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #559
Power Member

Jan 2008
Covington, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tama View Post
I watched the entire main presentation again this morning. Scene is now corrected. But I never noticed that there wasn't any Chapter breaks before?
I don't know, but wouldn't be surprised. I know Lynch refused to have breaks for the DVD of Mulholland Drive.
In 2007, I bought a PS3 for 4 specific titles; in 2014, half of them haven't been released yet.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #560
Special Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsman71 View Post

Who is Jon anyway, is he the acquisitions guy, the PR guy ?
Nobody knows. The members at the criterion forum tried years ago very hard to find out and to get an interview with him without any luck. Some think that Jon Mulvaney is not even real but rather a pseudonym used by whomever is in charge of customer relations any given day.
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, Suspiria (remaster), Castle of Blood, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock, Nosferatu (1979), Blood and Black Lace, Dracula (1979), L'avventura, The Vanishing (1988), Eyes Without a Face, The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Miracle Mile, The Honeymoon Killers, Without Warning, Don't Look Now (remaster), Man Bites Dog, Cannibal Holocaust, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, The Sentinel (1979)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America